Seth Williams Sleeper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Williams Sleeper.

Seth Williams is my sleeper pick of our draft outside of anyone taken above him. Top 4 picks will make the team and contribute but Williams suffered horrible QB play in college. And I like his style. DaeSean will be traded because we have this guy and there is not any room on the roster at the WR position.
    sigpic WHEC-724

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1GhgXlgV5k

Seth battling a bully never gave up. Video Doesn't show it all.
    Last edited by nickmeyer; 05-02-2021, 11:18 PM.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0lw0X02-U
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

It would be nice if we ended up actually having five Wide Receivers to run a 5WR set.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          It would be nice if we ended up actually having five Wide Receivers to run a 5WR set.
          00 personnel
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

As an Auburn fan I was super stoked when I heard we got him so late. I can’t believe he was drafted so far behind teammate Schwartz just because Schwartz is faster. Seth was a much better producer two seasons in a row and didn’t struggle with injuries like Schwartz did. But both suffered from Bo Nix being absolutely awful.

Horn got so overhyped at corner in my opinion largely due to his huge day against Seth. But watch the tape. Seth beat him several times only for Nix to throw the ball behind him where Horn could make plays. I believe 2 of his season high 3 picks that day were passes where Nix threw behind an open Williams. And there was a deflection I remember they showed last week raving about Horn where it was thrown behind.

With a more accurate passer Seth would’ve had a huge day against the top corner drafted. Shoulda woulda coulda I know but Seth has top wr potential.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              As an Auburn fan I was super stoked when I heard we got him so late. I can’t believe he was drafted so far behind teammate Schwartz just because Schwartz is faster. Seth was a much better producer two seasons in a row and didn’t struggle with injuries like Schwartz did. But both suffered from Bo Nix being absolutely awful.

Horn got so overhyped at corner in my opinion largely due to his huge day against Seth. But watch the tape. Seth beat him several times only for Nix to throw the ball behind him where Horn could make plays. I believe 2 of his season high 3 picks that day were passes where Nix threw behind an open Williams. And there was a deflection I remember they showed last week raving about Horn where it was thrown behind.

With a more accurate passer Seth would’ve had a huge day against the top corner drafted. Shoulda woulda coulda I know but Seth has top wr potential.
              I agree. He has the height and wingspan to go get the ball. A more accurate passer (like Aaron Rodgers) would make his production go way up.

Comment

Totally agree, his reel is intense. He also seems like the type of guy who will take dropping into the 6th round personally, and transfer that to the field.

I definitely think Johnathan Cooper could be a legendary sleeper as well. We really had a great draft imo.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  Totally agree, his reel is intense. He also seems like the type of guy who will take dropping into the 6th round personally, and transfer that to the field.

I definitely think Johnathan Cooper could be a legendary sleeper as well. We really had a great draft imo.
                  Yeah. We got value all over the place. Browning could've gone 2nd round. JJohnson could've gone 2nd-3rd. Vincent could've gone sooner. Williams and Cooper should've gone sooner. Everybody else we took right about where they were supposed to go, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post

How the heck did we get Jonathan Cooper in the 7th round? Was he hurt? This guy came in and was outstanding in several OSU games. Unless the NFL magically doesn't translate for him this guy has a real shot to help our roster.

Comment

WR is going to be a very heated competition during camp. Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler are locks. Patrick is probably very close to being a lock as well. Hamilton is probably out. Seth Williams can be your prototypical boundary WR and I think he can get there a lot sooner than many think. Warren Jackson isn’t someone to sleep on either, he has some crazy ankle flexion for a 6’6” WR and with a little coaching he could become a scary route runner for someone that size. Then of course Cleveland is a guy who’s a great athlete and does all the little things whether it be blocking or playing on special teams and he showed a little bit in his limited opportunity last season.

I think we have 7 WRs that should be on this roster, but it’s a numbers game so we may end up cutting a pretty good WR. It’ll probably be Warren Jackson who I hope can make it to the practice squad

Comment

I hope you're right, but from what I read... the guy relied entirely too much on his athletic ability and his love for football was a huge question mark, thus the drop. He's got great size. I viewed this as a throwaway pick, hoping he can make the practice squad and eventually develop.

Comment

Working...
                        X