No announcement yet.

Ja'Wuan James tears achilles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite 10 picks in the draft they didn’t draft a tackle. They were crazy to put that much faith in JJ, absolutely crazy.

Comment

Not happy for an injury, but this guy has been a tool. Loses 20 million to work away from the team who he was never a part of. He still got 30 million for 3 games so no need to feel sorry for not playing! I could never figure this signing out & after the last 2 yrs still head scratching. Yet they still somehow thought he was the answer this year - lol. Grab the 20 million for sure & wait for camp cuts. So many options & with an adult as GM I am sure Paton can figure it out.
      Bronco Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Broncos haven't drafted an offensive tackle since Bolles in 2017, with the intention of that guy being strictly a tackle, not someone who was a tackle in college that kicked inside to guard like Risner.

That's four straight drafts of not taking an offensive tackle.

It's unbelievable that we ignored that position that many years in a row.
        Especially when it’s been arguably the worst position on the field over that period, probably even worse than QB. Some of the QBs struggles can be pinned on the RT position.

Comment

Broncos haven't drafted an offensive tackle since Bolles in 2017, with the intention of that guy being strictly a tackle, not someone who was a tackle in college that kicked inside to guard like Risner.

That's four straight drafts of not taking an offensive tackle.

It's unbelievable that we ignored that position that many years in a row.
          The Broncos rarely draft OTs – only eight in the last twenty-six drafts.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The Broncos rarely draft OTs – only eight in the last twenty-six drafts.
            Well, maybe they should change their approach.

OT is a pretty important position.

Comment

I'm not surprised one bit. I wouldn't pay him another dime. The players association can pick up the tab for telling everyone to stay home. Now please sign Mitchell Schwartz
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Interesting read.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/...ffensive-line/

Future Bronco ? Or just one of the candidates under consideration.

Comment

Astounding how this happens to James. Why am I not surprised. Wish him the best of luck. Take his money and retire. He will be happier that way.

Being a completely selfish fan here.

Broncos need a replacement from FA now. Can a cap guru explain exactly what the Broncos are looking at financially?

How do they get him off the roster for the least amount of dead cap implications? Can they use any of his salary this year in FA?

Thanks

Comment

Well, maybe they should change their approach.

OT is a pretty important position.
                    Oh I agree, I wanted a tackle last year, and I wanted Slater with our first pick this year. Paton had his plan to bolster the secondary and stuck to it, which is understandable considering what happened last year, and considering the fact that the last two drafts were geared to the offense and the pendulum had to swing back to the defense, but there also had to be some kind of insurance for someone as historically fragile as James. I thought that Stone Forsythe, the sixth highest graded tackle in the draft (who fell dramatically for some mysterious reason), could have been had in the 4th instead of one of those safeties.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

LOL LOL LOL The wrost FA signing in the History of the Denver Broncos oh well really no loss to Denver since he has never played for Denver. Next Man Up !! Time to see the real O-Line with Mentz and Muti Oh Yeaaaaa !! Pancake Time

Comment

From a personal point of view, this is really too bad for James who by all accounts was working hard, and to lose $20 million because of bad luck is a shame. But from a Broncos football point of view, they potentially just got out of James' contract and should free up a bunch of cap space and James got paid a lot for playing 63 plays.

You have to wonder if this happened a few days ago how it would have affected our draft?

Comment

Looks like he was working out away from the facility and tore his achilles.

Wow. And since it was away from the facility, he could lose out on his $10 million.
                          Well, there you go. Ja'Wuan James. Stick a fork in him. He's done. It was a Non-Football Injury, so I'd be surprised if Denver doesn't go after the $13 million he was due this year, because they need the cap space. Better that it happened now and not in season. This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Denver didn't draft a Tackle and needed to sign one just for TC practice. Now they need to sign two. Fortunately they have cap space and may have more depending on James' contract status.

Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher have been suggested as possibilities. Schwartz had back surgery on 24 February and his availability is unknown right now. Eric Fisher tore an Achilles on 24 January. His status isn't clear either. Due to those injuries/surgeries being this year, am inclined to doubt their availability.

Other possibilities are: Charles Leno; Dennis Kelly; Ricky Wagner; and, Demar Dotson.

One wonders who Munchak's number six guy is. My guess would be Netane Muti. So, if that is the case, minus James it would look like Bolles - Muti - Cushenberry - Glasgow - Risner. Paton needs two Tackles right away. We'll see how he manages the situation.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 05-04-2021, 04:17 PM.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Bears released Charles Leno yesterday.

Fangio connection could come into play, although, Leno was a left tackle.
                            Doesn't matter which side he played before. Need a Tackle. Munchak will take care of it in any event.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              well i guess it is safe to say that JAmes has probably played his last Snap with the Broncos
                              Right ... in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post

Former Bear Bobby Massey is a free agent as well
                                Yep. Add him to the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X