Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ja'Wuan James tears achilles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Are we still on the hook for the dead cap hit if we void the contract?

    Like Sam said, this is a blessing in disguise. Only way it would have been better is if it had happened before the draft.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      No way. Who could have possibly foreseen something like this happening.
      How are you doing, man? Break anythiǹg?

      Time for the torches and pitchforkś yet? Where is Inspector Kemp when we need him?

      His mechanical arm makes a great battering ram.

      Hang in there. This may be for the better. ​​​​​​​
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • #63
        Every mock I did had a OT drafted in the 1st or 2nd round because I have less than zero trust in James. I tried as hard as I could to figure out a way to get that dude off this team.

        Guess we fortunate it happened now...could have happened before the draft so maybe then the Broncos got some real urgency about OT instead of what ever they want to call "targeting OT"

        The single biggest failure of the Broncos to support their QBs is the inability to provide consistent pass protection.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by samparnell View Post

          How are you doing, man? Break anythiǹg?

          Time for the torches and pitchforkś yet? Where is Inspector Kemp when we need him?

          His mechanical arm makes a great battering ram.

          Hang in there. This may be for the better. ​​​​​​​
          I was at work when I heard the news so I had to behave myself. Now just quietly fuming.I'm ready for Dalton Risner at Right Tackle. We have Muti, Kush, and Glasgow for IOL with Meinerz waiting in the wings. Put Risner at RT and go get me a Swing.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            well i guess it is safe to say that JAmes has probably played his last Snap with the Broncos
            Played???? When?
            New England Patriots GM

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Every mock I did had a OT drafted in the 1st or 2nd round because I have less than zero trust in James. I tried as hard as I could to figure out a way to get that dude off this team.

              Guess we fortunate it happened now...could have happened before the draft so maybe then the Broncos got some real urgency about OT instead of what ever they want to call "targeting OT"

              The single biggest failure of the Broncos to support their QBs is the inability to provide consistent pass protection.
              Might end up with a more reliable RT depending on whether it's Dalton or an UFA. Sounds like Dalton may have been a contingency plan. That is supported by the acquisition of Meinerz. We'll see how the shuffle goes.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #67
                Only thing I am concerned about is the amount of cap that can be salvaged from this catastrophe of a free agent signing.

                Does the latest news that he is planning on trying to return by the end of season change the roster spot or money available to replace him this year?

                So frustrating.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post

                  Played???? When?
                  2019 like 3 games
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Denver passed on this pick in the draft......Should pick him up on the cheap.......Adrian Ealy - 6'6"321 lbs Oklahoma OT

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by sra84 View Post

                      Broncos haven't drafted an offensive tackle since Bolles in 2017, with the intention of that guy being strictly a tackle, not someone who was a tackle in college that kicked inside to guard like Risner.

                      That's four straight drafts of not taking an offensive tackle.

                      It's unbelievable that we ignored that position that many years in a row.
                      agreed. This FO only values "skill" players .....WR, CB, OLB, RB. That's why the team is in the position it is and will be until they fix that problem or get a HoF QB again.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        ESPN's Jeremy Fowler is reporting that the Broncos are scheduled to bring OT Dennis Kelly in for a visit next week, according to his sources.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I'm sure they will meet with more free agent tackles in the coming days as well.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                            ESPN's Jeremy Fowler is reporting that the Broncos are scheduled to bring OT Dennis Kelly in for a visit next week, according to his sources.
                            IMO better OTs will probably be available later. 4 1st round OT, 6 2nd round OTs, 4 3rd round OTs....there will be OTs looking for a job....maybe someone available to trade.

                            Unfortunately all the talent will be far less that if the Broncos realized sooner James could not be relied on.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                              Looks like he was working out away from the facility and tore his achilles.

                              Wow. And since it was away from the facility, he could lose out on his $10 million.
                              Of course he did....
                              Don't get me wrong, I don't wish players to get injured, but maybe the lost season last year had something to do with it.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Kelly started 16 games and didn’t allow a sack last season. He’s a solid tackle who’s been reliable when called upon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X