Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Assuming we don't get Rodgers or any other QB before our first game, which QB do you think will start, Lock or Bridgewater?
    Lock
    84.91%
    Bridgewater
    15.09%

It’s Locks job to lose! He will start the season but if he struggles the team won’t hesitate to bench him for Bridgewater. Bridgewater is a one year insurance policy nothing more. If he was the Broncos wouldn’t have restructured his deal for one season.
    sigpic

Comment

I chose Bridgewater. When we first traded for Bridgewater I thought Lock had the advantage. But thinking about how Fangio's job is on the line, I'm not sure how much he's willing to gamble with Lock and will choose Bridgewater's stability and is the safer pick.

I think it's a really close call and the best outcome is that Lock starts which would mean they have confidence in him and he's got a higher upside than Teddy. But looking at the early schedule and the need to get off to a good start, my guess is they feel Teddy is the safer bet.

Comment

Voting Lock. I think he is going to have a better year then most expect.

Comment

I went with Lock because I think the situation is heavily weighted in his favor. Even if Bridgewater is equally as good as or only slightly better than Lock I think Lock still gets the nod, because he's younger and substantially less experienced. I see Bridgewater as a sign from the FO - like the ones you see at amusement parks: "You must be this tall to ride this ride." So I'm prepared for some wailing and gnashing of teeth on this board if Bridgewater looks pretty good when given a chance to play but still ends up as QB2.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Voting Lock. I think he is going to have a better year then most expect.
            I think Lock will improve from last year as well. My guess is that he will be good enough during this season to not only be the obvious starter but have people thinking about getting him signed to his 2nd contract. We'll see, though.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

It better be Lock. For all the talk about how he needs to be given one more chance (last year: covid, new OC, etc.), if Bridgewater is the starter then it's obvious that Lock is not the answer.

It makes no sense to say that they still believe in Drew, but he's not the starter going into his third year.

If Bridgewater starts just to save Fangio's job, then he needs to be fired, because Bridgewater doesn't give us a better chance to win. I don't understand that people don't see that he's nothing more than a backup QB.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                It better be Lock. For all the talk about how he needs to be given one more chance (last year: covid, new OC, etc.), if Bridgewater is the starter then it's obvious that Lock is not the answer.

It makes no sense to say that they still believe in Drew, but he's not the starter going into his third year.

If Bridgewater starts just to save Fangio's job, then he needs to be fired, because Bridgewater doesn't give us a better chance to win. I don't understand that people don't see that he's nothing more than a backup QB.

I agree!

Bridgewater is just an average starting QB but would be good serving in a back-up QB role. If he's starting I'd be pissed...no I'd be livid!!!

Bridgewater has reached his ceiling...Lock hasn't and still has a lot of ceiling left to reach.

Also, if we were to get Rodgers I'd rather we keep Lock as his back-up (to sit & learn) and Bridgewater becomes part of that trade package.

Comment

As of right now, it’s sort of hard to say. My gut tells me the coaching staff will cast a favorable eye towards the vet, so Lock will have to shine.

I certainly hope he does shine and becomes a legit starter. That’s the best case scenario for the team.

I’m very interested in watching this unfold. May the best QB win
                  sigpic

Comment

You don't pass on Justin Fields to start Teddy Bridgewater. lol.

Comment

I think the players (and some ex players have spoken out) have confidence in Lock. TB represents a higher floor in the QB room, but I think it is Lock or draft a QB next year. I don't buy into Fangio's job being in jeopardy though, so doubt that factors in at all.

We should have an outstanding D and run game, combine that with our schedule, I see Lock being able to produce 9-10 wins and show improvement in managing the game.

Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

I think Lock will start but I expect Teddy to play at some point this year, mainly because Lock hasn't stayed healthy a full year yet. I still am probably more optimistic about Lock's performance than most and it is because Teddy is there. Lock's weakness right now is decision making. That is Teddy's strength. If Lock doesn't improve there Teddy will grab the job from him and he knows it.
                        A book I wrote

Comment

I think Teddy can be the more consistent QB who does not make the bad mistakes. He is not the franchise QB teams are looking for tho. If Lock keeps putting us in more situations to lose than situations to win Teddy will take over imo.

To me Lock's biggest concern is his ability to to stay healthy. Part of it is just learning to throw the ball away in bad situations and live another play. It is the reason in season 3 he is going on his 19th NFL regular season game. The biggest concern I have that Lock needs help with is the coaches realizing he is still developing and the offense needs to be designed, game plans designed and plays called with that in mind. I think if those two things are done we start to see more of the Lock we saw in 2019 and less of the Lock we saw in 2020. How high is the ceiling? Honesty there is still a lot that needs to happen before we know for sure. Not just Lock fixing things he does poorly but then defenses exploiting his weaknesses and his ability to adjust...we have not even seen that yet. There is still a chance Lock can be our franchise QB in my eyes. It is why I think he starts week 1. He is on his last shot tho. It is why we have Teddy.

I take some good feelings in knowing the reports are a lot of teams were asking the Broncos if Lock was available. Apparently us not wanting to part with him was the beginning of the end in the Stafford talks. Reports are other teams were asking for him when all the news was we were going to draft a QB. I think his potential is there and others see it. It is time to put up or be put on the back burner for Lock.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            You don't pass on Justin Fields to start Teddy Bridgewater. lol.
                            If Teddy starts, things went horribly wrong over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I agree!

Bridgewater is just an average starting QB but would be good serving in a back-up QB role. If he's starting I'd be pissed...no I'd be livid!!!

Bridgewater has reached his ceiling...Lock hasn't and still has a lot of ceiling left to reach.

Also, if we were to get Rodgers I'd rather we keep Lock as his back-up (to sit & learn) and Bridgewater becomes part of that trade package.
                              I think Lock will start and probably impress but I don’t agree that Bridgewater has reached his ceiling. Just as he was starting to find his way in Minnesota before he suffered a career threatening injury. Since then he’s been learning new offenses every single season with new targets to throw to from the Jets, to the Saints, and to the Panthers, and now to the Broncos. I do think Bridgewater has a somewhat limited ceiling (a glass ceiling if you will) as he doesn’t have the best arm and doesn’t take shots because of it. But you can dink and dunk your way to a super bowl, it’s just that you have to have incredible chemistry with your targets as well as complete mastery and freedom within the offense which are things Bridgewater has never been able to accomplish due to his journeyman status and that’s why I give the edge to Lock.

But make no mistake, Bridgewater is pretty good between the 20s. The redzone are where issues arise, but with targets like Sutton, Fant, and Patrick as well a RB duo of Gordon and Williams who refuse to go down, I think we’d still be a good offense in the redzone.

Comment

Working...
                              X