Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Fair reply. I get what you're implying and my positive thinking about the Broncos right now may be in vain but I'm still thinking we have a good chance at a decent season.

However, as the season begins I will definitely be looking down often (during the game) at the rug I'm standing on to see if it's about to be yanked out from under my feet by the Broncos still being a crappy team.
    jazz......just a warning, but be prepared to clean up a little if that should happen.

Comment

• In all honesty, we’re looking at a QB competition between two lower tier QBs. Considering how bad the offense has been, my expectations for a step forward in offense are pretty low. At best, I think we can expect ball control offense that’s “good enough to win”. I’m not expecting a huge leap forward into high scoring offense.

From the sounds of it, Bridgewater has an early slight advantage. Still a long way to go, though.

I like Lock’s talent, but it still remains to be seen if he can get his decision making in order. If he can, I like his potential. Lock has a higher ceiling IMO, but that can only be realized if he can improve his mental game.

I would personally rather see Lock outright win the QB battle. He has talent and he was drafted by the Broncos, so it would be best for the team if he succeeds. I’m interested to watch it all unfold. May the best man win.
      sigpic

Comment

• Shelby Harris said on his podcast that OTAs is the time for all players (he mentioned the Lock/Teddy battle too) to make mistakes and figure out what they can and can't do within the bounds of the offensive/defensive schemes. I think mandatory minicamp will be the start of the "real" competition with training camp and preseason being the real indicators towards who will win the battles.

As others have said, may the best man win.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• I think a lot of people want to see Lock win out because of his higher upside. The thought being if Lock is there at least the teams ceiling of what we could accomplish is higher, if his decision making improves. That if Brigewater wins out we are going to win some but we wouldn't be a legit playoff contender.

I will just say while I think Lock eventually wins, it's no means a guarantee and I will be just as excited for Teddy if he's the guy. I think when Teddy is at his best he manages the game and can take calculated risks when the situation calls for it. With our defense, specifically the secondary improvement, we could have one of the best units in the league. In 2015 Manning was a bottom 1/3 QB who used leadership and an understanding of the key moments of the game to lead us through the season and the playoffs. Teddy has a chance to be that type of QB. He's never going to be Mahomes or Rodgers, but if he ends up being the guy for us I think there's no reason to think we can't compete with the best teams out there.

If Lock wins out no question we probably play a different style of offense in terms of chances taken down the field, but many of the same things would need to apply for us to be successful. Understanding of critical points in the game, excellent decision making. The only difference might show up in 2 or 3 plays per game where Lock decides he can fit a ball in a window that Teddy wouldn't have taken. I think we can be just excited about the potential of Teddy as the potential of Drew.

A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            In all honesty, we’re looking at a QB competition between two lower tier QBs. Considering how bad the offense has been, my expectations for a step forward in offense are pretty low. At best, I think we can expect ball control offense that’s “good enough to win”. I’m not expecting a huge leap forward into high scoring offense.

From the sounds of it, Bridgewater has an early slight advantage. Still a long way to go, though.

I like Lock’s talent, but it still remains to be seen if he can get his decision making in order. If he can, I like his potential. Lock has a higher ceiling IMO, but that can only be realized if he can improve his mental game.

I would personally rather see Lock outright win the QB battle. He has talent and he was drafted by the Broncos, so it would be best for the team if he succeeds. I’m interested to watch it all unfold. May the best man win.
            If our QB situation is truly a coin flip for who starts it should be just that. Flip a coin, heads for Lock and tails for Bridgewater. Whoever wins starts the first drive and the loser starts the second drive and they alternate throughout the game. If either throws a pick or fumbles during their turn they lose their next turn.

After the game evaluate each QB and if it's somewhat even stats and execution of plays for each then do it again for the next game until one of them shows who earns the role of starting quarterback. Great competition to see who steps up and who chokes under pressure.

And I would definitely be rooting for Lock to excel and prove he has what it takes to lead the team and win.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

jazz......just a warning, but be prepared to clean up a little if that should happen.

A brush isn't very effective to clean up blood and vomit.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

A brush isn't very effective to clean up blood and vomit.

Comment

Too funny!
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Out of respect for the poll creator, I am not going to add another poll, or definitely not dispute the value of this one. But I will add a side note. I wonder how this would change, if anything, if we asked folks who they thought would win more games this season.

I believe Lock will start, as do a high number of respondents. But I think Teddy wins at least a game more if he starts. The Broncos have to go with their young, fairly highly drafted player. Until he falters, he starts. But given these gents, I believe we will see Teddy this year, one way or the other.

Comment

• Reports today are that lock had a very good day!
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Drew is just playing possum,,, he's going to be the starter this year!

Comment

Out of respect for the poll creator, I am not going to add another poll, or definitely not dispute the value of this one. But I will add a side note. I wonder how this would change, if anything, if we asked folks who they thought would win more games this season.

I believe Lock will start, as do a high number of respondents. But I think Teddy wins at least a game more if he starts. The Broncos have to go with their young, fairly highly drafted player. Until he falters, he starts. But given these gents, I believe we will see Teddy this year, one way or the other.
                          I hope the "one way" we see TB is standing on the sideline with a clip board in his hands watching Lock kick butt.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I hope the "one way" we see TB is standing on the sideline with a clip board in his hands watching Lock kick butt.
                            That would work for me....

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              Reports today are that lock had a very good day!
                              Pat Shurmur said Lock has improved a lot from last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

Pat Shurmur said Lock has improved a lot from last season.
                                Coming from a bad OC, that doesn't mean anything.

I'll believe it when Lock, consistently, throws for over 300 yards, 2-3 touchdowns and 0-1 interceptions pretty much on a weekly basis. I'll believe it when we start averaging 28-34 points a game. I'll believe it when he outduels Mahomes, Herbert and Carr. I'll believe it when we beat Kansas City for the first time since 2015.

Until then, those words mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X