Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good indept insight

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Coming from a bad OC, that doesn't mean anything.

I'll believe it when Lock, consistently, throws for over 300 yards, 2-3 touchdowns and 0-1 interceptions pretty much on a weekly basis. I'll believe it when we start averaging 28-34 points a game. I'll believe it when he outduels Mahomes, Herbert and Carr. I'll believe it when we beat Kansas City for the first time since 2015.

Until then, those words mean nothing.
      So according to your "standards" Lock has to have more than 5100 yards, 34-51 TDs and 4-9 INTs for the season before you think Lock has improved? Do you know what the word "improvement" means?

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

So according to your "standards" Lock has to have more than 5100 yards, 34-51 TDs and 4-9 INTs for the season before you think Lock has improved? Do you know what the word "improvement" means?
        I think among Broncos fans improvement means the quarterback has become a future HoFer.

My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Wonder if it is not as simple as fans hoping that Lock does not throw the games away, and stop being an expert in loosing close games.
          The sad thing is that it is hard to see how Lock will carry us to division titles. Lock is playing Orton ball and that is hard to get behind. I would love to see the competitive spirit of 2011!

Comment

No, I'm just done listening to how good Lock is. I want to see it when the games count.

And those "standards" are what is to be expected of a franchise QB... they're not just mine. And I didn't say it had to be every single week...I said "consistently"....not just once every 7 games. This team has enough talent around him that passing for 300 yards and 2-3 touchdowns more often than not isn't being unrealistic. It's possible....if he's as good as Shurmur says he looks.

If you're ok with 200 yds, 0 TDs and 2-3 interceptions a game, and average 20 points a game in a league where rules favor the offense, then don't complain if that's what we get most of the time, because, that's what we've had.
            Last edited by sra84; 06-19-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

No, I'm just done listening to how good Lock is. I want to see it when the games count.

And those "standards" are what is to be expected of a franchise QB... they're not just mine. And I didn't say it had to be every single week...I said "consistently"....not just once every 7 games. This team has enough talent around him that passing for 300 yards and 2-3 touchdowns more often than not isn't being unrealistic. It's possible....if he's as good as Shurmur says he looks.

If you're ok with 200 yds, 0 TDs and 2-3 interceptions a game, and average 20 points a game in a league where rules favor the offense, then don't complain if that's what we get most of the time, because, that's what we've had.
              Any chance of expecting a happy medium in your "acceptable" stats?

By your expressed standards the highly anticipated MVP addition would not meet your "standards" 3 of the last 5 years. Rodgers also has not averaged 300 yds a game since 2011. And since Shurmur is such a horrible OC, when can we expect him to be fired for a Rodgers approved OC and the typically associated change in system and players that "fit"?

Can we give Lock a little wiggle room on his development?

Not sure anyone is happy with 20 pts a game, 200yd 0 TD/ 2int games. But some realistic improvement that Shurmur, teammates and beat writers are giving him can provide some level of optimism if you allow it.

I'm right there with you if Rodgers can be traded for at a common sense price and he can provide more MVP then aging declining QB. Remember that other MVP? He went from 55-10 to 39-15 to 9-17 in three short years. Which Rodgers will the Broncos be paying a high price for in picks, players and cap space instead of simply a reasonable free agent contract.

Comment

• Scoring has to be one of the top priorities this year. Last year we were 5th last, with just 323 points, or 20.2 per game. In 2019 we were also 5th lowest, with a measly 282 points, or 17.6 points per game.

Whoever plays QB has to step that up. Last season only one team with a winning record had less than 400 points scored, and that was The Rams, who had the least points scored against.

Oh one more thing....you know who scored the most points last year - 509 or 31.8 per game? Just a hint.....some old MVP dude was the QB of that team.

Lets be clear, it takes a lot of players to have a good O. But 2 straight bottom 5 scoring seasons will not get you far. This has to be a better year. Can't imagine why it would not be, given the O weapons on this team, and the improving Oline. However it is not a given with the current QB stable. Based on last year's stats, unless we have among the best Defenses, we probably need to score about 5 points more per game to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Maybe some of us harp too much about a potential trade, but maybe it's because that seems to be the best way of going about improving outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Wonder if it is not as simple as fans hoping that Lock does not throw the games away, and stop being an expert in loosing close games.
                  The sad thing is that it is hard to see how Lock will carry us to division titles. Lock is playing Orton ball and that is hard to get behind. I would love to see the competitive spirit of 2011!

loose close games… you mean like when he had a f
                  4th qrt go ahead drive agsinst tennessee only to watch Micheal O drop a easy int and the titans kick the go ahead fg

or when he drove down took a late game leas agsinst the raiders, only to wTch the defense allow a last min gane winning drive

sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Chill out

the guy was basically a rookie

he has only played 17 full games in his career
                    zero preseason games
                    two totally different Off schemes in his first 17 full games
                    abd the youngest offense in the league

guys like you woulda cut elway or manning in their rookie years

sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Obviously extremely early take on this but here it is anyways....

From the reports I was hearing from the OTAs I think I now want Teddy to start.

It seems Lock still holding the ball trying to make something happen which ends up in him making bad decisions. I think Lock still needs to learn to check down more effectively. Lock still needs to learn to throw the ball away when nothing is there instead of trying to force it.

Teddy seems to be getting a lot of chemistry to the WRs specially JJ.

Great way I herd Teddy described is this....if we are at 3rd and 3 Teddy will get 5 yards. If we are 3rd and 9 Teddy will get us 5 yards. He is not the long term answer but I am good with him being the starter until someone is in Denver who can be the long term answer.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Obviously extremely early take on this but here it is anyways....

From the reports I was hearing from the OTAs I think I now want Teddy to start.

It seems Lock still holding the ball trying to make something happen which ends up in him making bad decisions. I think Lock still needs to learn to check down more effectively. Lock still needs to learn to throw the ball away when nothing is there instead of trying to force it.

Teddy seems to be getting a lot of chemistry to the WRs specially JJ.

Great way I herd Teddy described is this....if we are at 3rd and 3 Teddy will get 5 yards. If we are 3rd and 9 Teddy will get us 5 yards. He is not the long term answer but I am good with him being the starter until someone is in Denver who can be the long term answer.
                        My take, though I have not seen any of the sessions....I'd lean towards Teddy if we are aiming for a playoff bid. With the weapons we have, and his experience, I like the odds better. But Lock will get the nod unless he regresses, because he's the draft pick we made.

Comment

• I want the guy that can move the chains, and score some points, and win some games to be the starter!

I think we have two decent quarterbacks now. Whoever plays better, gets to be the starter. And the other guy will be ready in case something happens to the starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            I want the guy that can move the chains, and score some points, and win some games to be the starter!

I think we have two decent quarterbacks now. Whoever plays better, gets to be the starter. And the other guy will be ready in case something happens to the starter.

Exactly. They each should have around 50% of the offensive snaps in the 3 preseason games. One of them needs to earn the right to start the season between now and Sept 12th based on performance.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Further to my take on the QB situation. I hope it's a 50/50 thing, and not....we must play our high 2nd rounder draft pick. Typically teams stick by their draft pick for a while, even if they are not playing the better ball. To be honest, I sort of understand, given you need to give your young guy a chance, because failure to earn the job may accelerate the QB search process for the following year. Whereas Teddy is a known commodity, and can survive as a backup for a while longer. He's earned his long term stripes. Still feel bad for him, given how devastating that injury was at a time when he was rockin it! I always pull for this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

loose close games… you mean like when he had a f
                                4th qrt go ahead drive agsinst tennessee only to watch Micheal O drop a easy int and the titans kick the go ahead fg

or when he drove down took a late game leas agsinst the raiders, only to wTch the defense allow a last min gane winning drive
                                You seem to be searching for excuses. Every team, every QB has plays that could/should have worked and didn't. Over a year it evens out. The simple facts are that both Lock and TB were extremely poor at winning close games. Every single QB we have ever had can point to perfect throws that were not caught, bad routes....
                                There is no need to invent excuses - it evens out over a season.
                                The issue is that the football is not pretty and we are not winning. Our QBs need to step up!

Comment

Working...
                                X