Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

stating a little opinion into your rant isnt looking for excuses, when your blaming the qb for losing close game , i. Just mentioned two games where the qb you blame for close losses was sitting on the bench after getting a lead wTching the defense lose the game

if you call that an excuse well i cant talk sense into you
    It still comes back to season upon season where you can point out plays that the QB made that was dropped, fumbled, the reciever ran the wrong route.
    Kyle Orton is villified yet you can go through the close losses of 2010 and you will find perfect passes that were not converted. Story with Tebow has become that it was all sorts of other factors - like the Bears game (won by Praters kicks) but not talking about missed kick and dropped TD, Siemian against the Chiefs -had the game won and defense dropped it, Keenum had similar, so did Flacco.

We can cherry and turd pick all day, but the QB needs to get the team back and lead them to winning irrespective of mistakes and missed plays, but there are turds and cherries in every game! The totality is that Lock failed last year. The job is to win the game no matter how - or at least learn enough to win the next game!

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

To bad his noodle arm and lack of accuracy hurts him to bad to sad to Kyle Orton 2.0
      Just a little fun fact is that Orton was 2nd or 3rd in passing yards in 2010 when he was benched. What did him in was all the pretty losses, that got replaced by ugly wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

It still comes back to season upon season where you can point out plays that the QB made that was dropped, fumbled, the reciever ran the wrong route.
        Kyle Orton is villified yet you can go through the close losses of 2010 and you will find perfect passes that were not converted. Story with Tebow has become that it was all sorts of other factors - like the Bears game (won by Praters kicks) but not talking about missed kick and dropped TD, Siemian against the Chiefs -had the game won and defense dropped it, Keenum had similar, so did Flacco.

We can cherry and turd pick all day, but the QB needs to get the team back and lead them to winning irrespective of mistakes and missed plays, but there are turds and cherries in every game! The totality is that Lock failed last year. The job is to win the game no matter how - or at least learn enough to win the next game!
        Curious if you put the same blame on Manning for “failing to win the game, no matter what” in the 2012 playoff loss?

Sometimes you have to accept it is a team game and the QB ( whether a struggling inconsistent Lock or a HoF Manning) can not control every aspect of losses or wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Curious if you put the same blame on Manning for “failing to win the game, no matter what” in the 2012 playoff loss?

Sometimes you have to accept it is a team game and the QB ( whether a struggling inconsistent Lock or a HoF Manning) can not control every aspect of losses or wins.
          So amazing how people totally disregard that the bottom line is.....IT'S A TEAM SPORT. Everyone needs to contribute.....TO WIN GAMES.

Example: NASCAR.....Team sport. What if the driver when pitting for fresh tires and fuel, car adjustments, what if the driver had to do do those pit duties and then get back in the car and race for a possible win. Add in crew chief duties and don't forget how important the spotter is for the driver going 190 mph with many other cars inches away.

In team sports it definitely requires ALL team members to do their job and do it very well. Lock needs to execute his job duties and so does his team mates.

ONE MAN IS NOT A TEAM.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Or, the 2013 Super Bowl (XLVIII)
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think it is kind of self expleanatory with the whole - it evens out over a season. It kind of gives that you cannot evaluate that on a single game basis.
              There was a reason that Elway had so many comeback wins, the same holds true for Plummer and Tebow. With Manning we were usually ahead.

As for the Ravens game, the one that should have been blamed was John Fox and not Rahim Moore. It was utterly stupid not to go for it at the end of regulation with PM playing like he did and the fresh memory of what we could do with 11 seconds. Manning clearly played better in the first 4 quarters, but it was all around an excellent game from both Manning and Flacco in that game. It was a very close game.

The simple fact with Lock is that he does not even come close to Cutler, whom I was very happy we got rid off, yet he has the same alof attitude and keeps putting the team in bad situations.

He needs to mature and improve a lot. He might act like a normal 25 year old, but he is the most important person in a billion dollar franchise and needs to act the part.
              Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 07-11-2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• If we don’t start lock we have given up on him. He can play just give this year I’ll judge next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

you can look at every play and do that...however what your doing is blaming the totality of a TEAMS loss on the QB....i just mentioned two games last year where with a scant few minutes in a game, the offense led by LOck drove down and took the lead...thats when you put your trust in the defense to hold that lead!! weirdly tho you blame the qb for the defense allowing the other team with seconds left to drive down and score

crazy i never seen lock in the defense huddle one time?

facts are facts...there were multiple games where the broncos offense took a late 4th qrter lead...and watched the defense allow a game winning score...yet you blame the QB

if lets say the defense held and stopped the titans and raiders from scoring last second FGs...would you award the W to lock? i doubt it, you would probably argue the defense won the game not lock

sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

you can look at every play and do that...however what your doing is blaming the totality of a TEAMS loss on the QB....i just mentioned two games last year where with a scant few minutes in a game, the offense led by LOck drove down and took the lead...thats when you put your trust in the defense to hold that lead!! weirdly tho you blame the qb for the defense allowing the other team with seconds left to drive down and score

facts are facts...there were multiple games where the broncos offense took a late 4th qrter lead...and watched the defense allow a game winning score...yet you blame the QB

if lets say the defense held and stopped the titans and raiders from scoring last second FGs...would you award the W to lock? i doubt it, you would probably argue the defense won the game not lock
                    Wow....you make a great point here

Comment

Maybe you should answer my post and not your own straw man argument.
                      Yes, you can find loads of plays where other players than the QB has made mistakes. Success for a QB is not about winning a game here or there but to win consistently throughout the season. If you evaluate Orton, Tebow, Siemian, Osweiler, Keenum, Flacco.... using the same standard that you do for Lock, we should have kept them all.
                      A go ahead score in 4th Q. is nice, but there is a reason that you don't want opposing tems with a good offense to have the ball in the last 2 minutes with a chance to win. There is a reason for clock management and running plays that burn the clock.
                      Just so you understand - I don't blame the QB for the defense getting burned, but over a season the excuses become irrelevant as those things even out. In 2019 Flacco had several games where we were ahead in 4th Q, Noah Fant not looking for the ball and getting hit in the back with a perfect ball.... We can find these plays for each QB.- Why is it that you do not want to judge Lock by the same standards you judge other QBs?
                      Lock has statistically been the 2nd worst QB in NFL over the past two years (15 starts or more). Why are the excuses relevant? It is not like ex. with Tebow where we were winning ugly. We are loosing, with poor decisions, poor stats, and very little to hang ou hats on? There were more objective pro's for 2010 Kyle Orton than there is for Lock. I did not like Cutler as our QB but anyone could see that if he fixes..... then he will be one of the absolute best in the NFL. The same standard for Lock is that he becomes servicable if he makes significant improvements.
                      Teddy B could easily end up being our best QB.
                      Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 07-16-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• While it has been fun to discuss and speculate as not much else going on ...

I AM SO EXCITED to see this competition play out starting in 4 days!!

I see this

Lock

A young guy. Lot of talent. BIG ARM! Some natural leadership skills. Will he be able to follow the Josh Allen path? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Bridgewater

A vet with lots of NFL experience. Makes quick decisions. Delivers very catchable balls. Will he be able to follow the Rich Gannon path and maybe win NFL MVP and be a passing leader? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          While it has been fun to discuss and speculate as not much else going on ...

I see this

Lock

A young guy. Lot of talent. BIG ARM! Some natural leadership skills. Will he be able to follow the Josh Allen path? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Bridgewater

A vet with lots of NFL experience. Makes quick decisions. Delivers very catchable balls. Will he be able to follow the Rich Gannon path and maybe win NFL MVP and be a passing leader? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

I agree wholeheartedly. Time to put more emphasis on what the Broncos have instead of what they don’t. Of what are the players and teams strengths instead of focusing on it’s weaknesses.

Not expecting either QB to be the MVP this season. I just want chemistry and competitive standards to be met. IMO we will see a much improved professional in Lock. Managing the team, making plays when needed, reducing the mistakes all play into this.

I’m most excited about the overall team though. Defense should be spectacular! Offense should be balanced. I’m excited to see how the rushing game develops. Which helps the QBs and passing game tremendously. The YAC stats has the potential to be league leading with this collection of WRs and TEs.

Broncos get some breaks with minimal “big” injuries and some team chemistry building…. they have the potential to be one of the surprise teams this year. IMO a lot of positives to focus on. And a lot of fun to watch.

Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            While it has been fun to discuss and speculate as not much else going on ...

I see this

Lock

Bridgewater

I can dig this. This is the kind of post that gets me excited for the season!
                            With what SHOULD be a much improved defense, our offense should not have to (in theory) put up 35 points a game to win, week in and week out. If Lock progresses by even a nominal margin from last year, this team could very well win 9-10 games. If he shows a huge improvement in play over last year, and this team stays healthy.....watch out.

Heck, it's the end of July, training camp is about to begin, and I'm ready for some football. Let's go!
                            Geaux Tigers

Comment

• TEAM, I believe the Broncos have a competitive TEAM and will enjoy watching another another season.

Comment

• Reports, so far, from TC sound like they have QBs who know how to run the offense. With a seventeen game season coming up, that will probably come in very handy. The preseason games will give everyone, who can catch a broadcast, the opportunity to see the Broncos and form their own opinions. They aren't really full games. They're up to three controlled scrimmages played within the time limit of one full game. Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater have been alternating between first and second team while Brett Rypien has been quarterbacking third team. Sounds like Denver's coaches have been sending in most of the wide receivers to take reps with first and second teams. There are a bunch of them as there are DBs. Hope they make it out of Minnesota with no one getting Covid.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X