Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTM
    replied
    I think Lock will start but I expect Teddy to play at some point this year, mainly because Lock hasn't stayed healthy a full year yet. I still am probably more optimistic about Lock's performance than most and it is because Teddy is there. Lock's weakness right now is decision making. That is Teddy's strength. If Lock doesn't improve there Teddy will grab the job from him and he knows it.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    I think the players (and some ex players have spoken out) have confidence in Lock. TB represents a higher floor in the QB room, but I think it is Lock or draft a QB next year. I don't buy into Fangio's job being in jeopardy though, so doubt that factors in at all.

We should have an outstanding D and run game, combine that with our schedule, I see Lock being able to produce 9-10 wins and show improvement in managing the game.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    You don't pass on Justin Fields to start Teddy Bridgewater. lol.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    As of right now, it’s sort of hard to say. My gut tells me the coaching staff will cast a favorable eye towards the vet, so Lock will have to shine.

I certainly hope he does shine and becomes a legit starter. That’s the best case scenario for the team.

I’m very interested in watching this unfold. May the best QB win

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    It better be Lock. For all the talk about how he needs to be given one more chance (last year: covid, new OC, etc.), if Bridgewater is the starter then it's obvious that Lock is not the answer.

It makes no sense to say that they still believe in Drew, but he's not the starter going into his third year.

If Bridgewater starts just to save Fangio's job, then he needs to be fired, because Bridgewater doesn't give us a better chance to win. I don't understand that people don't see that he's nothing more than a backup QB.

I agree!

Bridgewater is just an average starting QB but would be good serving in a back-up QB role. If he's starting I'd be pissed...no I'd be livid!!!

Bridgewater has reached his ceiling...Lock hasn't and still has a lot of ceiling left to reach.

Also, if we were to get Rodgers I'd rather we keep Lock as his back-up (to sit & learn) and Bridgewater becomes part of that trade package.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    It better be Lock. For all the talk about how he needs to be given one more chance (last year: covid, new OC, etc.), if Bridgewater is the starter then it's obvious that Lock is not the answer.

It makes no sense to say that they still believe in Drew, but he's not the starter going into his third year.

If Bridgewater starts just to save Fangio's job, then he needs to be fired, because Bridgewater doesn't give us a better chance to win. I don't understand that people don't see that he's nothing more than a backup QB.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Voting Lock. I think he is going to have a better year then most expect.
    I think Lock will improve from last year as well. My guess is that he will be good enough during this season to not only be the obvious starter but have people thinking about getting him signed to his 2nd contract. We'll see, though.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    I went with Lock because I think the situation is heavily weighted in his favor. Even if Bridgewater is equally as good as or only slightly better than Lock I think Lock still gets the nod, because he's younger and substantially less experienced. I see Bridgewater as a sign from the FO - like the ones you see at amusement parks: "You must be this tall to ride this ride." So I'm prepared for some wailing and gnashing of teeth on this board if Bridgewater looks pretty good when given a chance to play but still ends up as QB2.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Voting Lock. I think he is going to have a better year then most expect.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    I chose Bridgewater. When we first traded for Bridgewater I thought Lock had the advantage. But thinking about how Fangio's job is on the line, I'm not sure how much he's willing to gamble with Lock and will choose Bridgewater's stability and is the safer pick.

I think it's a really close call and the best outcome is that Lock starts which would mean they have confidence in him and he's got a higher upside than Teddy. But looking at the early schedule and the need to get off to a good start, my guess is they feel Teddy is the safer bet.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    It’s Locks job to lose! He will start the season but if he struggles the team won’t hesitate to bench him for Bridgewater. Bridgewater is a one year insurance policy nothing more. If he was the Broncos wouldn’t have restructured his deal for one season.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    started a poll Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Lock
    78.57%
    Bridgewater
    21.43%
    Assuming we don't get Rodgers or any other QB before our first game, which QB do you think will start, Lock or Bridgewater?
Working...
X