Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are all set at QB
    cuz we got Case Cookus

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      You don't pass on Justin Fields to start Teddy Bridgewater. lol.
      Actually, the Broncos did exactly that. They passed on fields, and there's a reason why. And if Bridgewater can't beat out the likes of Drew lock, then Bridgewater must be one helluva terrible QB.

Comment

I think Bridgewater is just a vet to push lock. Not singed with intention of starting unless Lock tanks hard. It also gives them a chance to evaluate him if lock tanks. I think lock gets more hate then he should but I always remind myself he has had 2 OCs and two offenses in 2 years. This year should be the prove it year for him.

Comment

Lock being at OTA’s with 70 of his teammates is where you want a starting QB.

I would have like to have seen Bridgewater there to!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Actually, the Broncos did exactly that. They passed on fields, and there's a reason why. And if Bridgewater can't beat out the likes of Drew lock, then Bridgewater must be one helluva terrible QB.
            And if Fields can’t beat out Andy Dalton in Chicago then we dodged a bullet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              And if Fields can’t beat out Andy Dalton in Chicago then we dodged a bullet
              Are Fields and Dalton splitting reps? I herd they are but not from a "talking head" getting paid to do it.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Are Fields and Dalton splitting reps? I herd they are but not from a "talking head" getting paid to do it.
                From what I’ve heard Nagy doesn’t want Fields starting yet ( or doesn’t think he’s ready).
                If he is as good as his supporters say I would see him beating out Dalton the same way Wilson beat out Flynn in Seattle his rookie year.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                  I think Bridgewater is just a vet to push lock. Not singed with intention of starting unless Lock tanks hard. It also gives them a chance to evaluate him if lock tanks. I think lock gets more hate then he should but I always remind myself he has had 2 OCs and two offenses in 2 years. This year should be the prove it year for him.
                  Don't think Teddy has been burned a Bronco ... yet.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    We are all set at QB
                    cuz we got Case Cookus
                    If Lock and Bridgewater will split first team reps, someone has to quarterback third team, since Rypien would have second team in that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

If Lock and Bridgewater will split first team reps, someone has to quarterback third team, since Rypien would have second team in that setup.
                      If Lock and Bridgewater are splitting first team reps....does that mean the person not getting first team reps will be getting 2nd team reps or will he not be getting reps at all?

Not to take away from your point about Cookus. You are the one who enlightened me about the need for depth going into OTAs/TC
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

If Lock and Bridgewater are splitting first team reps....does that mean the person not getting first team reps will be getting 2nd team reps or will he not be getting reps at all?

Not to take away from your point about Cookus. You are the one who enlightened me about the need for depth going into OTAs/TC
                        TC practice is usually organized into first, second, third team O & D. There needs to be at least three QBs for O. But, if Lock and Bridgewater are splitting first team reps, as Fangio indicated, then a third QB is needed for second team and a fourth for third team. Seems like Rypien would get second team in this scenario. They needed a fourth arm which is why it seems they signed (not singed ) Cookus.

Comment

I would assume (hopefully correctly) that splitting first team reps simply means they both are also splitting the second team reps.

Rypien and Cookus throw in drills, third team or deeper reps, and for all the various times the two “starters” are busy.

Camp needs a lot of arms to keep everyone moving.

Comment

Barring injury, my money is on Lock starting opening day. I see Bridgewater as a mentor / insurance policy / fire lighter for Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

That makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                I would assume (hopefully correctly) that splitting first team reps simply means they both are also splitting the second team reps.

Rypien and Cookus throw in drills, third team or deeper reps, and for all the various times the two “starters” are busy.

Camp needs a lot of arms to keep everyone moving.
                                That could happen. Practice schedules are a thing. Time is valuable.

Comment

Working...
                                X