Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
    You all arereading it wrong. He says " we MAY have that guy here." You all need to sit back take a deep breath and let it play out before your all on blood pressure meds lol.
    Yeah. He's saying that he knows that an NFL team needs a 'foundational' QB (which some would call a 'franchise' QB) and that he accepts that it's his responsibility to find one. He's also saying that the QB's we have are pretty good and that one of them may be that guy. He then states that the plan is to build the team with 'foundational' players and repeats that one of the QB's we have may be that guy at that position.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

What I get outta that is more basic pre-season blah blah blah.

Again I don't understand why people put so much into that GM, players, coaches say during pre-season. Everything is rose's and ice cream in every camp...show me a clip where a coach or gm has said "we're in a lot of trouble this year" or "I don't think we have the qb we need on this team right now" you won't and can't bc they NEVER say it.

Sean about goff- "he is our qb" traded
    gettlemnan "we did not sign obj just to trade him" traded
    Lynch- "We feel confident Jimmy is our qb of the future" drafted Lance

have we ever heard a coach or gm that is STILL with the team ever say..."Man I wish we would have drafted him instead of him"

Paton can say what he wants...he know damn well the name of this game is Qb...and if he doesn't know that he will suck as a GM.
    Did you actually read that quote? Nothing you just typed applies to it at all.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Let him keep that mindset up I will be happy to see him fired....didn't want him anyway...saying that crap when he was apart of team that mad kirk cousin like the highest paid at the time 3 96 million fully guaranteed. Yea ok Paton hold that thought.
    Wait, hold on....Are you telling me that you don't like anything Paton has done ? That would be foolish talk. Do I need to list all of the positives. Just because he didn't get your J fizzy, doesn't mean the dude is a bum.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    You all arereading it wrong. He says " we MAY have that guy here." You all need to sit back take a deep breath and let it play out before your all on blood pressure meds lol.
    That's essentially coach speak. He's saying a lot of nothing. When Siemian and Lynch were battling it out it was more or less the same thing again.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylan View Post

He's clearly saying our starter is already on the roster, and is foundational, so it must be Brett Rypien
    Let him keep that mindset up I will be happy to see him fired....didn't want him anyway...saying that crap when he was apart of team that mad kirk cousin like the highest paid at the time 3 96 million fully guaranteed. Yea ok Paton hold that thought.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Here is an interesting quote from Paton. Go ahead and read it slowly. Read between the lines, let what he is saying sink in, do what you will with it, it's a lot to unpack:

Paton was asked if he feels pressure now that he’s sitting in the big football front-office chair to find a franchise quarterback. “I don’t look at it like that, the pressure to get a quarterback,’’ Paton said. “Obviously, you need one to get to where you need to go. But I don’t look at it as pressure, I look at it as a challenge. We do think we have two really good quarterbacks here. We may have that guy here. So we’re not panicking. We’re going to build this team, the foundational players, and hopefully we have a foundational quarterback here.”

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...5-298341280fed
    What I get outta that is more basic pre-season blah blah blah.

Again I don't understand why people put so much into that GM, players, coaches say during pre-season. Everything is rose's and ice cream in every camp...show me a clip where a coach or gm has said "we're in a lot of trouble this year" or "I don't think we have the qb we need on this team right now" you won't and can't bc they NEVER say it.

Sean about goff- "he is our qb" traded
    gettlemnan "we did not sign obj just to trade him" traded
    Lynch- "We feel confident Jimmy is our qb of the future" drafted Lance

have we ever heard a coach or gm that is STILL with the team ever say..."Man I wish we would have drafted him instead of him"

Paton can say what he wants...he know damn well the name of this game is Qb...and if he doesn't know that he will suck as a GM.

Leave a comment:

• Skylan
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Here is an interesting quote from Paton. Go ahead and read it slowly. Read between the lines, let what he is saying sink in, do what you will with it, it's a lot to unpack:

Paton was asked if he feels pressure now that he’s sitting in the big football front-office chair to find a franchise quarterback. “I don’t look at it like that, the pressure to get a quarterback,’’ Paton said. “Obviously, you need one to get to where you need to go. But I don’t look at it as pressure, I look at it as a challenge. We do think we have two really good quarterbacks here. We may have that guy here. So we’re not panicking. We’re going to build this team, the foundational players, and hopefully we have a foundational quarterback here.”

He's clearly saying our starter is already on the roster, and is foundational, so it must be Brett Rypien

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I been hearing about what is to be expected from two QBs fighting for a starting job. Good and bad.

Apparently Teddy really good at moving the ball. Him and JJ seem to be having really special chemistry. He does seem to go long stretches of time struggling.

Apparently Lock has shown some improvement even willing to throw the ball away at times when nothing there. He has also had his bad times.

No one I have seen in my limited research has gone into the details about why Lock and Teddy have struggled. They have mentioned some of the ints have been great plays by the defense and some have been bad plays by the QB or bobbled balls.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Don't think who starts is as important as what kind of offense Denver will run this year. Both QBs are close to each other and both will probably play during the seventeen game season. Neither QB seems the type you'd want to be regularly throwing over thirty passes per game. There are indications that Denver intends to be balanced on O with a commitment to generating a viable rushing attack. Such generally results in a heavy dose of PAP. If they can rush effectively from 11 personnel formations, defenses must be prepared to defend either pass or run on any given down when they get that look.

Scrimmaging against your own defense on a daily basis is different than scrimmaging against another team in a preseason game. Both of those are very different than playing a regular season game with starters and scouting reports. Would expect that Denver's starting offense will play more snaps during preseason than the starting defense will, so that dynamic will be significantly different during the regular season.

Denver's starting defense will probably be a difficult one on which to score. If so, that should allow their Offense to play ball control. When the opponent struggles with run defense, I'd expect the Broncos to run a lot and use PAP. Opponents that struggle with pass defense will have difficulty covering Denver's receivers especially when 11 personnel is on the field.

What remains to be seen is how the four main special teams will do. Five of the top eleven STs tacklers from 2020 are gone, so there will be turnover. The other six are on the bubble in their position groups, so there will be many new faces. That accounts for KO and P teams. Blocking on KOR and PR will be affected, and its effectiveness will be reflected in the return yard averages.

The three phases will interact and QB play, while always important, will need to play a role within the overall plan. Denver doesn't have the ability to be pass heavy, but they seem to have what is needed to be balanced which is better in the long run especially when foul weather and the playoffs approach.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

So you don't think it had anything to do with having basically zero Qb experience in the locker room ?
    If it was purely about experience in the qb room, we wouldn’t be having a competition for the starting job.

At the very least we should have heard that it’s Lock’s job to lose. It hasn’t ever been described as that to my knowledge.

Teddy is a back up. If he’s the best they have, don’t expect much success.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied

So you don't think it had anything to do with having basically zero Qb experience in the locker room ?
    Not really. If Lock was clearly the man, they would have rolled with him from the start (which was everyone's preference). But, with coaching jobs on the line, they brought in someone who they think can play good enough to save jobs. Sure, experience in the QB room is nice. But any journeyman they brought in was going to get a shot at the starting job, which goes to show how unimpressive the previous QB play has been.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

To be fair, he has been so unimpressive that the team felt the need to bring in Teddy Bridgewater to compete for the starting job....and it's actually a competition with some saying TB is barely ahead going into the pre season games.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by elway7777 View Post

Milehighreport, the orange mane, predominantly orange, YouTube reporters, etc.
    I've heard good things . Even the coach himself. I've also heard people who have been at camp say he's made progress. Not saying he hasn't made bad plays . He's tossed 4 ints I believe . One I believe was an old regress Lock decision. One of them was on the TE . Not too shaby if you ask me . Especially going against our D . They know it's gonna be a pass and Lock has beat them . It's camp , it's not an actual game so I hold some reserve . I feel that Lock just can't win no matter what with some.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X