Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Lock being at OTA’s with 70 of his teammates is where you want a starting QB.

I would have like to have seen Bridgewater there to!
    Mike Allie said that every WR and every TE showed up and that is them showing a lot of support for Lock

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

TC practice is usually organized into first, second, third team O & D. There needs to be at least three QBs for O. But, if Lock and Bridgewater are splitting first team reps, as Fangio indicated, then a third QB is needed for second team and a fourth for third team. Seems like Rypien would get second team in this scenario. They needed a fourth arm which is why it seems they signed (not singed ) Cookus.
      If they are splitting that typically means one day lock is first team em bridgewater 2nd then next day it is switched with Rypien on 3rd team whole time.

Comment

With all due respect to the OP......my answer is "no".

(you never know when the winds of trade fly over us)

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

Mike Allie said that every WR and every TE showed up and that is them showing a lot of support for Lock
          About the only O player that didn't show was Bridgewater. He is out for "personal reasons" and is expected to show next week.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

About the only O player that didn't show was Bridgewater. He is out for "personal reasons" and is expected to show next week.
            I think this is a turning of the tide for the union that has told vets to avoid OTAs in the past and Broncos have such a huge turn out. The NFI list is a give trump card teams have. I just like the I oat ice that Lock is showing by leading at OTA.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Crazy (or not so crazy) speculation on the radio is he was told not to show up by the team as he might be included in a deal for Rodgers and they don't want an injury to derail it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Crazy (or not so crazy) speculation on the radio is he was told not to show up by the team as he might be included in a deal for Rodgers and they don't want an injury to derail it.
                So how valid would you describe this "speculation"? Just winging it stuff, or pretty credible source(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So how valid would you describe this "speculation"? Just winging it stuff, or pretty credible source(s)?
                  Stuff like this from Shefter gets me excited about the possibility.
                  "The Packers have had their chance to make their case to Aaron Rodgers and to date, at the time of this taping mid-day Monday, nothing seems to have changed"

​​​​​I don't know, but to me it sure seems like the Packers are just waiting for that June date.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

They didn't attribute their info to any source, but were saying that that would be more credible than not for why he hasn't shown up in Denver yet. Especially since he has a legit chance to win the starting job.

Comment

Considering the best sources I have herd about Rodgers are

Packers GM saying ONE team called asking if Rodgers was available and he said no...end of trade talks.

49ers HC called Packers HC.....Shanahan was told he was wasting his time and did not even mention it to 49ers GM.

I would say the Rodgers trade talk is almost pure speculation at this point. Even Sheft said on the Dan Patrick show he reported based on his perceived level of the situation and had no sources.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Again, let it be known....Paton does want to unload Lock as many have speculated.

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

I think this is a turning of the tide for the union that has told vets to avoid OTAs in the past and Broncos have such a huge turn out. The NFI list is a give trump card teams have. I just like the I oat ice that Lock is showing by leading at OTA.
                          Lot of players are showing up.

The whole NFLPA wanting people to not show up was a bunch of hot air being fueled by a minority of players....probably the very few players who know they have their jobs locked up and are not driven to do every possible to win. You are seeing a lot of the "job locked up" players show up because either they have workout bonuses or because they want to win very badly.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Thx for the feedback gang.....

I was huge on Manning, and it was partly due to the fact it seemed to have some traction early on. I was fairly confident when I was on The Brady (going somewhere else) case, because again, their were statements/considerations that made it plausible. I was getting confident about a trade for Watson, given the ample reports that we were a top contender, and of course, based on how he was being handled....but of course this changed 180 due to unknown circumstance.

Now I am "optimistic" though not convinced, that Rodgers is actually done with The Pack, and if so, we are again a top contender if a trade is made. Here me out. I am not claiming to be a visionary. And I am not betting on a trade happening. But in all cases I mention, there was some writing on the wall, and though not iron clad, it was enough to make me believe that something could happen.

In the end I could be way off....and I will own up to it. But I am just going on gut feeling, based on various info sources. Added to the fact that if you look deep in both The Brady and Rodgers situations, and to some degree Manning's as well, you can draw parallels in terms of what these men have accomplished, and why they had the power and the right to decide where their future happiness lies. Not much else to prove, which is exactly the right time to take care of yourself, and possibly in both cases, your family.

Like I say, Rodgers might stay a Packer, and he may even be traded, but not to us. But I do want him here, and I see possibilities as we speak.
                            Last edited by CanDB; 05-19-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

They didn't attribute their info to any source, but were saying that that would be more credible than not for why he hasn't shown up in Denver yet. Especially since he has a legit chance to win the starting job.
                              sounds like simply throwing crap against the wall hoping something sticks
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                                Again, let it be known....Paton does want to unload Lock as many have speculated.
                                and you know this because your really an insider, cause i see no proof
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                                X