Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
    It blows my mind that Lock just gets blasted no matter what. Go on the 9ers sites . Jimmy G has like 4 ints this camp . The D has an advantage quite often . They know the plays .
    To be fair, he has been so unimpressive that the team felt the need to bring in Teddy Bridgewater to compete for the starting job....and it's actually a competition with some saying TB is barely ahead going into the pre season games.

Leave a comment:

• elway7777
    replied
    Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post

Where did you hear this ?
    Milehighreport, the orange mane, predominantly orange, YouTube reporters, etc.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied
    It blows my mind that Lock just gets blasted no matter what. Go on the 9ers sites . Jimmy G has like 4 ints this camp . The D has an advantage quite often . They know the plays .

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
    I'm hearing neither QB has impressed. Still not too late to bring Minshew in. I honestly was hoping either Fitzmagic or Minshew would be our QB if we were unable to secure Watson or Rodgers.
    Where did you hear this ?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post

Jimmy is always impressive until he gets hit, no thanks.
    Well I would love a QB that would bring a 22/6 performance for the Broncos and bring us to the SB.
    I would love for us to fond a Jake Plummer kind of QB for our current team.

Leave a comment:

• Knuckle Dragger
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Apparently Jimmy G is impressing in SF. Lance is also said to impress. Maybe a trade for Jimmy?
    Jimmy is always impressive until he gets hit, no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• KipCorrington25
    replied
    I'm sure it will be Bridgewater because it's the safe and unimaginative choice but I want it to be Lock for upside and nothing else...

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Apparently Jimmy G is impressing in SF. Lance is also said to impress. Maybe a trade for Jimmy?

Leave a comment:

• elway7777
    replied
    I'm hearing neither QB has impressed. Still not too late to bring Minshew in. I honestly was hoping either Fitzmagic or Minshew would be our QB if we were unable to secure Watson or Rodgers.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by bfallona View Post
    I'm ready for the preseason. Right now we have no separation after 8 training camp days, and that in itself can be an indicator that neither are really going to be the answer at QB. We have a poor HC & a horrible OC. Shurmer got lucky with Case Keenum & then we went nuts to get him. His avg QB ranking in his entire career is 17. And Drew & Teddy who both ranked at the bottom of the NFL. I don't see us doing better than 3rd or 4th in our division and yet will win enough games to be in the mid teens for drafting.
    Bc of our def and our qb saga continues.....gonna be a long year of ups and downs and no solidified qb....already studying the qbs in next years draft....maybe one will stand out.

Leave a comment:

• bfallona
    replied
    I'm ready for the preseason. Right now we have no separation after 8 training camp days, and that in itself can be an indicator that neither are really going to be the answer at QB. We have a poor HC & a horrible OC. Shurmer got lucky with Case Keenum & then we went nuts to get him. His avg QB ranking in his entire career is 17. And Drew & Teddy who both ranked at the bottom of the NFL. I don't see us doing better than 3rd or 4th in our division and yet will win enough games to be in the mid teens for drafting.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    I'm ready for the preseason. Right now we have no separation after 8 training camp days, and that in itself can be an indicator that neither are really going to be the answer at QB.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Reports, so far, from TC sound like they have QBs who know how to run the offense. With a seventeen game season coming up, that will probably come in very handy. The preseason games will give everyone, who can catch a broadcast, the opportunity to see the Broncos and form their own opinions. They aren't really full games. They're up to three controlled scrimmages played within the time limit of one full game. Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater have been alternating between first and second team while Brett Rypien has been quarterbacking third team. Sounds like Denver's coaches have been sending in most of the wide receivers to take reps with first and second teams. There are a bunch of them as there are DBs. Hope they make it out of Minnesota with no one getting Covid.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    TEAM, I believe the Broncos have a competitive TEAM and will enjoy watching another another season.

Leave a comment:

• LASERLIPS
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    While it has been fun to discuss and speculate as not much else going on ...

I AM SO EXCITED to see this competition play out starting in 4 days!!

I see this

Lock

A young guy. Lot of talent. BIG ARM! Some natural leadership skills. Will he be able to follow the Josh Allen path? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Bridgewater

A vet with lots of NFL experience. Makes quick decisions. Delivers very catchable balls. Will he be able to follow the Rich Gannon path and maybe win NFL MVP and be a passing leader? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!
    I can dig this. This is the kind of post that gets me excited for the season!
    With what SHOULD be a much improved defense, our offense should not have to (in theory) put up 35 points a game to win, week in and week out. If Lock progresses by even a nominal margin from last year, this team could very well win 9-10 games. If he shows a huge improvement in play over last year, and this team stays healthy.....watch out.

Heck, it's the end of July, training camp is about to begin, and I'm ready for some football. Let's go!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X