Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Drew Lock is the starter and he should be I am shot calling it now. Teddy will never see the field and Drew with Throw for over 4k and 35 Td's with like 5 Int's. Drew will surprise us all I guarantee that indeed. I see Drew going to the Pro Bowl as deserved and becoming the Next Big Thing in Denver. The work that I am sure Drew has put in with PFM will be on Dispay Week 1 and not looking back. Drew Brees made the leap in year 3, Aaron Rodgers year 3, Brett Farve year 3, and list goes on. Drew Lock's time to shine is NOW. Of course if Denver does get Aaron Rodgers than all this is out the window however no way do I see GB getting rid of Rodgers not now not ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      If Drew Lock is the starter and he should be I am shot calling it now. Teddy will never see the field and Drew with Throw for over 4k and 35 Td's with like 5 Int's. Drew will surprise us all I guarantee that indeed. I see Drew going to the Pro Bowl as deserved and becoming the Next Big Thing in Denver. The work that I am sure Drew has put in with PFM will be on Dispay Week 1 and not looking back. Drew Brees made the leap in year 3, Aaron Rodgers year 3, Brett Farve year 3, and list goes on. Drew Lock's time to shine is NOW. Of course if Denver does get Aaron Rodgers than all this is out the window however no way do I see GB getting rid of Rodgers not now not ever.
      Would love to believe this, and I'm fairly optomistic Lock can improve to make the Broncos playoff contenders. I think 4k over 17 games may be within his compass, and 35 TD's could likely result, but that's a lot of air mile for just 5 ints. I would say 12-15 ints would be a great result.

On Rodgers, I can really believe GB are motivated to trade if they believe they can get at least 3 firsts and am impact player or two, plus unloading his contract. Why would they not trade a 37yo on those terms?

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Would love to believe this, and I'm fairly optomistic Lock can improve to make the Broncos playoff contenders. I think 4k over 17 games may be within his compass, and 35 TD's could likely result, but that's a lot of air mile for just 5 ints. I would say 12-15 ints would be a great result.

On Rodgers, I can really believe GB are motivated to trade if they believe they can get at least 3 firsts and am impact player or two, plus unloading his contract. Why would they not trade a 37yo on those terms?
        PFF also has Lock ranked 32 for starting QBs but also on the short list of QBs to make big jumps this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

and you know this because your really an insider, cause i see no proof
          There was proof in the Stafford trade....I posted the link already under the Drew Lock Thread. Deal was off when they asked for Lock. Paton said "No Deal"
          Certainly sounds like these rumors on this board are that Teddy is the trade bait, not Lock....... Does not surprise me, nor should it surprise you.

signed ...............Broncos Insider

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

There was proof in the Stafford trade....I posted the link already under the Drew Lock Thread. Deal was off when they asked for Lock. Paton said "No Deal"
            Certainly sounds like these rumors on this board are that Teddy is the trade bait, not Lock....... Does not surprise me, nor should it surprise you.

The post he quoted said Paton is looking to unload Lock, might want to edit that to prevent further miscommunication lol

Comment

Again, let it be known....Paton does want to unload Lock as many have speculated.
              From what I have seen this is true. Apparently one of the first thing to seperate the Broncos from the Stafford talks was the Broncos would not part with Lock. It has been said other teams came calling for Lock with no success. Have not seen any word from the Broncos to this so I guess it comes down to who people want to trust.

My source is Benjamin Allbright from Broncos youtube channel which seems pretty good.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

didn't they want Jeudy and Paton smartly said no deal?
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  What’s rad is Drew has only played in 17 full games ( Pittsburgh start he was injured), so this is really year 2 for Drew as far as playing is concerned and he now has 3 years in the NFL and two in this offense. I believe he will improve not sure if he will be a superstar but all we really need is for him to keep us in games and not force things that aren’t there like he did @ Lad Vegas last year. We want to see more of what he did in the second game vs Las Vegas. He put up 31 points, we lost but that is on the defense and we will win most game we score 31.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Crazy (or not so crazy) speculation on the radio is he was told not to show up by the team as he might be included in a deal for Rodgers and they don't want an injury to derail it.
                    The plot thickens. The same radio station said Elway and Rodgers played golf together followed by some poker in California.

Comment

The plot thickens. The same radio station said Elway and Rodgers played golf together followed by some poker in California.
                      I think everyone needs 100% undeniable truth about this. Or is this more Rodgers "yes, no, maybe" hearsay?"
                      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                        What’s rad is Drew has only played in 17 full games ( Pittsburgh start he was injured), so this is really year 2 for Drew as far as playing is concerned and he now has 3 years in the NFL and two in this offense. I believe he will improve not sure if he will be a superstar but all we really need is for him to keep us in games and not force things that aren’t there like he did @ Lad Vegas last year. We want to see more of what he did in the second game vs Las Vegas. He put up 31 points, we lost but that is on the defense and we will win most game we score 31.
                        That game probably should have been a blowout. The fact that the defense got 4 takeaways and we had zero giveaways but still lost is pretty crazy. I wouldnt put that loss all on the defense, the offense wasnt doing too much with some of those turnovers.

Excited to see what drew can do if he is the starter this year, it would be great if he turns the corner and is the future. Seems like a good kid, the players like him, coaches like him, and he has a good work ethic. However, I still kinda doubt hes gonna make such a massive leap. Most likely 20-25 tds with 15+ ints and we are still questioning if we take qb next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

That game probably should have been a blowout. The fact that the defense got 4 takeaways and we had zero giveaways but still lost is pretty crazy. I wouldnt put that loss all on the defense, the offense wasnt doing too much with some of those turnovers.

Excited to see what drew can do if he is the starter this year, it would be great if he turns the corner and is the future. Seems like a good kid, the players like him, coaches like him, and he has a good work ethic. However, I still kinda doubt hes gonna make such a massive leap. Most likely 20-25 tds with 15+ ints and we are still questioning if we take qb next year.
                          Who would you put it on then?
                          The defense allowed 32 pts, 465 total yards (7.3 yards a play), not gonna win many games doing that.

I don’t care as much about Locks stats as I do if we win or not. I would rather we have a dominant defense & run game and Drew makes plays off the play action the way Plummer did for us.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Who would you put it on then?
                            The defense allowed 32 pts, 465 total yards (7.3 yards a play), not gonna win many games doing that.

I don’t care as much about Locks stats as I do if we win or not. I would rather we have a dominant defense & run game and Drew makes plays off the play action the way Plummer did for us.

Statistics can be very misleading

Super Bowl 50 Denver 24 Carolina 10

Statistical comparison

........................................Car... Den
                            First downs 21 11
                            First downs rushing 8 4
                            First downs passing 10 5
                            First downs penalty 3 2
                            Third down efficiency 3/15 1/14
                            Fourth down efficiency 0/0 0/0
                            Total net yards 315 194
                            Net yards rushing 118 90
                            Rushing attempts 27 28
                            Yards per rush 4.4 3.2
                            Net yards passing 197 104
                            Passing – completions/attempts 18/41 13/23
                            Times sacked-total yards 7–68 5–37
                            Interceptions thrown 1 1
                            Punt returns-total yards 3–2 1–61
                            Kickoff returns-total yards 2–42 2–42
                            Interceptions-total return yards 1–19 1–(−3)
                            Punts-average yardage 7–45.0 8–45.9
                            Fumbles-lost 4–3 3–1
                            Penalties-yards 12–102 6–51
                            Time of possession 32:47 27:13
                            Turnovers 4 2
                            Last edited by jazzbodog; 05-21-2021, 12:08 PM.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Statistics can be very misleading

Super Bowl 50 Denver 24 Carolina 10

Statistical comparison

Car Den
                              First downs 21 11
                              First downs rushing 8 4
                              First downs passing 10 5
                              First downs penalty 3 2
                              Third down efficiency 3/15 1/14
                              Fourth down efficiency 0/0 0/0
                              Total net yards 315 194
                              Net yards rushing 118 90
                              Rushing attempts 27 28
                              Yards per rush 4.4 3.2
                              Net yards passing 197 104
                              Passing – completions/attempts 18/41 13/23
                              Times sacked-total yards 7–68 5–37
                              Interceptions thrown 1 1
                              Punt returns-total yards 3–2 1–61
                              Kickoff returns-total yards 2–42 2–42
                              Interceptions-total return yards 1–19 1–(−3)
                              Punts-average yardage 7–45.0 8–45.9
                              Fumbles-lost 4–3 3–1
                              Penalties-yards 12–102 6–51
                              Time of possession 32:47 27:13
                              Turnovers 4 2
                              Denver defense allowed 10 pts in SB 50 against Las Vegas they allowed 32.
                              Not a great comparison. The defense job is to prevent the offense from scoring, they did that in SB 50, they didn’t do it vs Vegas in the final game of the season.
                              Last edited by 58Miller; 05-20-2021, 05:16 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Crazy (or not so crazy) speculation on the radio is he was told not to show up by the team as he might be included in a deal for Rodgers and they don't want an injury to derail it.
                                It was just announced that Teddy was absent because his wife had a baby and he's with her in Florida and Bridgewater will be at Dove Valley on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X