Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

It was just announced that Teddy was absent because his wife had a baby and he's with her in Florida and Bridgewater will be at Dove Valley on Monday.
    That seems like something that wouldn't be too hard to find out by a sports talk radio station when talking about a specific player's status. Or maybe I just have too high/low expectations from a Bronco news source?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

That seems like something that wouldn't be too hard to find out by a sports talk radio station when talking about a specific player's status. Or maybe I just have too high/low expectations from a Bronco news source?
      I have zero expectation from all news sources these days. They all no longer care about reporting facts.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
        If Drew Lock is the starter and he should be I am shot calling it now. Teddy will never see the field and Drew with Throw for over 4k and 35 Td's with like 5 Int's. Drew will surprise us all I guarantee that indeed. I see Drew going to the Pro Bowl as deserved and becoming the Next Big Thing in Denver. The work that I am sure Drew has put in with PFM will be on Dispay Week 1 and not looking back. Drew Brees made the leap in year 3, Aaron Rodgers year 3, Brett Farve year 3, and list goes on. Drew Lock's time to shine is NOW. Of course if Denver does get Aaron Rodgers than all this is out the window however no way do I see GB getting rid of Rodgers not now not ever.
        I'm not sure if this post is serious. 4K and 35 TD's from Lock? I'm not sure what you see in him to think he could post those kind of numbers. Guy is a turnover machine.

Comment

Originally posted by biggbenns View Post

I'm not sure if this post is serious. 4K and 35 TD's from Lock? I'm not sure what you see in him to think he could post those kind of numbers. Guy is a turnover machine.
          I guess we all shall see Week 1 and through out the entire Year I may be wrong however I suspect that I will be relative accurate with Drew's Stat Production when the year is over so I guess I can say lets revisit this next year? Or unless he gets benched in favor of Teddy then I am so eating CROW lol .

Comment

4,000 yds is very doable if Lock starts/plays all 17 games. An average of 236yds is nothing spectacular. Of course the first challenge for Lock would be starting/playing all 17 games. Even throwing 35tds is not, relatively spectacular either but is a good showing if he was to do that... I am not very optimistic that he accomplishes that; maybe ~30tds and ~10ints.
            My prediction is that Lock will "win" the QB battle and start game 1 and will have a decent/good season, leading the Broncos to a winning season, maybe sneaking into the playoffs.
            And I predict that Rodgers stays in Green Bay.
            sigpic

Comment

There is an article about Lock and his work ethic this offseason on DenverBroncos.com. Take about his routine and work he has put it. That is the type of thing I like to read about. QB putting in the time work on his craft. He mentioned that last season with OC Shurmur they were still working out kinks until late in season. Several time in games they ran plays only practiced a few times before. Plus the getting use to the plays Lock likes and he is good at. Typical young QB stuff but also 2nd OC and offense learning curve too.

Comment

Probably Gump
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

To answer the question posed by the thread title, yes I think Lock or Bridgewater will start opening day.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                    To answer the question posed by the thread title, yes I think Lock or Bridgewater will start opening day.
                    I'll bet you're betting a lot of $$$ on that. Possibly all of your Bitcoins?
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

The only way Lock doesn't start this season is if he gets injured. Lock missed so many open deep balls last year due to bad technique. I'm sure working with Peyton Manning his technique will be much better. He will have 30+ TDs this season. He said that this year he won't have to think so much because he knows what everyone is doing. That alone will make him much better. Go Broncos!
                      Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                        The only way Lock doesn't start this season is if he gets injured. Lock missed so many open deep balls last year due to bad technique. I'm sure working with Peyton Manning his technique will be much better. He will have 30+ TDs this season. He said that this year he won't have to think so much because he knows what everyone is doing. That alone will make him much better. Go Broncos!
                        He missed a lot early in the season and I blame Covid-19. He really missed out on getting timing and reps in with the WR in a new system.

Comment

According to this, Bridgewater will start.
                          Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs are still the division favorites, but did the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders close the gap this offseason? Gregg Rosenthal projects the starters for every AFC West team.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                            ... premature.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                              What makes Gregg Rosenthal an NFL know-it-all? Is his crystal ball special? Are his "predictions" always accurate? He has a 50-50 chance of being correct.

Most likely he flips a coin or just goes for drama and then comes up with excuses when he's wrong.

The season doesn't start for 3 1/2 months.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

What makes Gregg Rosenthal an NFL know-it-all? Is his crystal ball special? Are his "predictions" always accurate? He has a 50-50 chance of being correct.

Most likely he flips a coin or just goes for drama and then comes up with excuses when he's wrong.

The season doesn't start for 3 1/2 months.
                                The logic he used for Bridgewater starting is pretty much the exact opposite reasoning used to justify firing Scangerello and hiring Pat Shurmur. Fangio may be a defensive coach but he wants the offense to take shots down the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X