Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

What makes Gregg Rosenthal an NFL know-it-all? Is his crystal ball special? Are his "predictions" always accurate? He has a 50-50 chance of being correct.

Most likely he flips a coin or just goes for drama and then comes up with excuses when he's wrong.

The season doesn't start for 3 1/2 months.
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger

FWIW I agree with very little in this article.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The logic he used for Bridgewater starting is pretty much the exact opposite reasoning used to justify firing Scangerello and hiring Pat Shurmur. Fangio may be a defensive coach but he wants the offense to take shots down the field.
      There are indications that a balanced offense with a commitment to a physical rushing attack is the plan. If so, a passing attack that often stretches the field vertically is a natural complement to a viable run game.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Hey, don't shoot the messenger

FWIW I agree with very little in this article.
        I wasn't thinking you were 100% in agreement with Rosenthal. I apologize for not clarifying that in my post. I was just wondering what makes his or any "analyst" and their opinions gospel because nobody outside the Broncos organization really knows what exactly will happen in 3 1/2 months.

brother!
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The logic he used for Bridgewater starting is pretty much the exact opposite reasoning used to justify firing Scangerello and hiring Pat Shurmur. Fangio may be a defensive coach but he wants the offense to take shots down the field.
          I think Fangio should take shots down the field with Lock first. Bridgewater is the new kid on the block. TB needs to earn the right to toss long bombs, IMO.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I am looking Forward to Lock getting it together this season! I think we are lucky to have Him. And I like having TB as a backup.

Comment

I vote neither of them are as we'll have Rodgers.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers will be starting.
                Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Rodgers will not be in Denver. Lock will be the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by NDbroncos701 View Post
                    I think it will also go down this way. I fully support Drew Lock as the Starter for the Denver Broncos in 2021 and I hope that Drew has a Pro Bowl type of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDbroncos701 View Post
                      OK Aaron, we all know your just creating issues in Green Bay for fun. It's your nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDbroncos701 View Post
                        That's a big 10-4 good buddy.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Safety View Post
                          Aaron Rodgers will be starting.
                          Is this positive / wishful thinking due to you having some $$$$ on this in Vegas?
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I would put money on Lock. The offensive system is meant to have a strong arm QB to hit see throws. Lock is an idle fit if he can get his decision making a step up. I do not know about Teddy’s arm strength, TC will answer that.

Comment

• It sounds like there is noticable chemistry building between Bridgewater and Jeudy. Some reports from yesterday are Lock pretty much looks the same as always with a mix of good and bad throws and nothing spectacular. Reports were similar for TB although it's being said he throws a much more "anticipatory" ball. Likely a big reason he and Juedy are connecting, but likewise probably a reason in his past his numbers struggled.

If/when nothing happens with Rodgers, I expect to see TB take the job. I will hold out hope for the MVP of football though.

I still believe that if Lock can show the constant overthrows are a thing of the past- he can take the job and run, I just don't personally think he will do it.
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Success for either QB is going to come from a dynamic run game. Broncos develop into a consistently strong ground game it helps both find open receivers and the YAC opportunities.

Reports are sounding exactly like I would expect from camp. The secondary has the advantage.

Reports of both QBs sound about right. Bridgewater is the consummate professional with a weak arm and looks really good managing the team. Lock is inconsistent and “trying too hard” but has the stronger arm and potential if he can ever get it right.

Just enough uncertainty to have fans salivating over all the national reporter’s stories of how Rodgers/ Broncos is a perfect fit no matter the cost. It’s a great story.

I fully expect a Bridgewater to look better. He should in June.

Comment

Working...
                                X