Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Success for either QB is going to come from a dynamic run game. Broncos develop into a consistently strong ground game it helps both find open receivers and the YAC opportunities.

Reports are sounding exactly like I would expect from camp. The secondary has the advantage.

Reports of both QBs sound about right. Bridgewater is the consummate professional with a weak arm and looks really good managing the team. Lock is inconsistent and “trying too hard” but has the stronger arm and potential if he can ever get it right.

Just enough uncertainty to have fans salivating over all the national reporter’s stories of how Rodgers/ Broncos is a perfect fit no matter the cost. It’s a great story.

I fully expect a Bridgewater to look better. He should in June.

As usual, you seem to have an accurate pulse on Bronco dynamics at this point in time.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Success for either QB is going to come from a dynamic run game. Broncos develop into a consistently strong ground game it helps both find open receivers and the YAC opportunities.

Reports are sounding exactly like I would expect from camp. The secondary has the advantage.

Reports of both QBs sound about right. Bridgewater is the consummate professional with a weak arm and looks really good managing the team. Lock is inconsistent and “trying too hard” but has the stronger arm and potential if he can ever get it right.

Just enough uncertainty to have fans salivating over all the national reporter’s stories of how Rodgers/ Broncos is a perfect fit no matter the cost. It’s a great story.

I fully expect a Bridgewater to look better. He should in June.

Good take - I remember how excited we all were with Orton in training camp and preseason. We were going to be hard to beat in 2010 and he hands down won the QB battle in the 2011 preseason. LIVE BULLETS....

Comment

• I'm hoping Lock starts, but I think it will be Bridgewater. I think they brought him in to start, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
          I'm hoping Lock starts, but I think it will be Bridgewater. I think they brought him in to start, but that's just my opinion.
          Why wouldn't they just throw Lock in on the Stafford deal, then?

Comment

• Lock apparently threw two pick 6s in team drills:

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Why wouldn't they just throw Lock in on the Stafford deal, then?
              I believe it was reported that Detroit actually wanted Jeudy, which led Denver to decline the deal. Lock and the high draft pick wasn’t enough to cut it.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Just my opinion, but if Bridgewater earns the starting spot, we're in trouble. We know what we'll get from Teddy, and it isn't heroics. He may do fine if the run game is strong, the oline protects, and the defense doesn't allow many points. We all know there are times the QB has to deliver against the odds though, especially in the playoffs. Also, it means Lock didn't do enough to win the job, and that essentially means he's done here and we need a new QB again. That may be true even if Lock is the starter, but at least he will have beaten out Teddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                  Lock apparently threw two pick 6s in team drills:

But....but...he worked with Peyton Manning!! That's impossible!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

I believe it was reported that Detroit actually wanted Jeudy, which led Denver to decline the deal. Lock and the high draft pick wasn’t enough to cut it.
                    Don't know anything about that. I know it was reported in here that Denver didn't want to trade Lock. Whether or not being unwilling to trade Lock when you're getting Matthew Stafford makes any sense is a legitimate discussion to have, but that's what was referenced in here.

Comment

• Did you actually listen to the entire conversation instead of just focusing on the 2 picks?

Lock is working with third team WRs while Bridgewater was working with first team WRs. The ints were a ball slipping out of his hand when he pump faked it. Reed was standing there. The other an out that was intercepted by Simmons.

We have no clue if the route was correct, lazy or Simmons was sitting on the route because it was the third time they ran it.

To be fair, they also criticized Lock for still over thinking, holding on to the ball and trying to hard to make the “right” decisions in passing drills instead making plays when the first options are not available. Both reporters stated that Bridgewater threw a pick and has looked very average. Looking professional and competent as he should in passing drills with no pass rush.

It is June. Not every report is going to be favorable. Not every practice perfect. Personally I’d rather hear both are practicing hard and pushing the boundaries this time of year. Being perfect in OTAs is not the object. It is making plays and winning games when the season starts. Guessing there are a lot of QBs across the league struggling this time of year, not just in Denver.

Comment

Did you actually listen to the entire conversation instead of just focusing on the 2 picks?

Lock is working with third team WRs while Bridgewater was working with first team WRs. The ints were a ball slipping out of his hand when he pump faked it. Reed was standing there. The other an out that was intercepted by Simmons.

We have no clue if the route was correct, lazy or Simmons was sitting on the route because it was the third time they ran it.

To be fair, they also criticized Lock for still over thinking, holding on to the ball and trying to hard to make the “right” decisions in passing drills instead making plays when the first options are not available. Both reporters stated that Bridgewater threw a pick and has looked very average. Looking professional and competent as he should in passing drills with no pass rush.

It is June. Not every report is going to be favorable. Not every practice perfect. Personally I’d rather hear both are practicing hard and pushing the boundaries this time of year. Being perfect in OTAs is not the object. It is making plays and winning games when the season starts. Guessing there are a lot of QBs across the league struggling this time of year, not just in Denver.
                        Based on that video, it was mostly about correcting his willingness to escape and chuck when the first read isn't there. Good between the numbers, and not so much outside the numbers, or pretty much what you'd expect from just about any quarterback who makes an NFL roster. They cited his arm talent, but let's be honest about this. It's as much arm talent as it is timing, accuracy, and processing. It's early though, and he had the #3's? out there with him, so I'm not about to start formulating conclusions.

I'll just say this ahead of time. Anyone who expects Lock to not be under a microscope, or compared to Justin Fields down the road here, will be frustrated with media and fans going forward.

I could sit here and tell Drew Lock jokes, and trust me there is quality material at my disposal, but that wouldn't be right at this point. I'm going to let this play out into the season at the very least, because I think he will start, and will improve at making high percentage reads. I expect the team to run the ball well and play defense. These factors should be enough for us to compete.

Comment

• There is also this possibility :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-teammate-says

Comment

• Drew tossed 1 int . Tb also threw an int. We see this every single camp where our D gets the better hand early . Lock just needs to settle down .

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                              IF he plays in 2021 I think it will be less than half the season.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• In memory of Jim Fassel, I'm going to say that "I'm pushing my chips to the middle of the table, and I'm predicting Drew Lock will be the starter this season"

GO #3

Comment

Working...
                                X