Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    Lock apparently threw two pick 6s in team drills:

Fake drama.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I think Lock will start.

Having Bridgewater start from day one signals a surrender and an admission that the Broncos are a long way from contending for championships.

They will definitely be in the business of looking for a quarterback next year, if Bridgewater is the starter.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Is it all possible Bridgewater is the better QB. He might not have the fancy racing stripes and cool rims, but he wins the race because he's the better QB? There has not been any news that suggests that Drew is growing. I'm not a Drew hater, but ultimately we need a QB to score 2+ TDs a game without 2+ picks a game in the process. I think we should be excited that we have a "back-up" (Bridgewater) whose floor is much higher than Drew's floor. I'm not negating Drew's ceiling be potentially much higher, but potential doesn't translate to wins.
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
          Is it all possible Bridgewater is the better QB. He might not have the fancy racing stripes and cool rims, but he wins the race because he's the better QB? There has not been any news that suggests that Drew is growing. I'm not a Drew hater, but ultimately we need a QB to score 2+ TDs a game without 2+ picks a game in the process. I think we should be excited that we have a "back-up" (Bridgewater) whose floor is much higher than Drew's floor. I'm not negating Drew's ceiling be potentially much higher, but potential doesn't translate to wins.
          Bridgewater may very well be the better quarterback and that would be very telling about just how far the Broncos are from being contenders.

Bridgewater has already proven what he is and it’s far less than what the Broncos need to uphold the standard promised by John Elway when he took over the team.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Is it all possible Bridgewater is the better QB. He might not have the fancy racing stripes and cool rims, but he wins the race because he's the better QB? There has not been any news that suggests that Drew is growing. I'm not a Drew hater, but ultimately we need a QB to score 2+ TDs a game without 2+ picks a game in the process. I think we should be excited that we have a "back-up" (Bridgewater) whose floor is much higher than Drew's floor. I'm not negating Drew's ceiling be potentially much higher, but potential doesn't translate to wins.
            In all sports, this is the "timeless question" and always up for debate by everyone...."who's the better player at any given position?"

Possibilities, good or bad are endless. And what criteria does a person use to substantiate their opinion?
            Is it proven strengths, weaknesses and the statistics within the players amount of time, in this case "on the playing field / career?"

Assessing the Denver Broncos QB situation at this point in time with all that has happened with the history of these two quarterbacks and what exactly will happen starting 12 Sept 2021 can only mean one thing. Nobody truly knows what in the early 2021 Bronco season will happen and play out and how the existing dynamics will effect it. Way too many known and unknown factors.

Anticipation and then the "in your face" reality can be fantastic or devastating. We are all going to find out together while hoping for the best.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Based on what I saw Monday, Drew hasn’t changed one iota. If he starts, Denver is employing the wish strategy to the season. We have done that for 5 straight seasons. If Teddy starts, they will win a couple more games, not be flashy, and still be middle of the pack at best. They absolutely need to acquire one of the upper tier guys who might want to play here.

Comment

• If bridgewater is going to win QB competition then Lock will probably be traded while he has a trade value or else this goes down as a more busted wasted picks that have zero return.

there was talks of teams interested in lock. If he is going to ride pine trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                  If bridgewater is going to win QB competition then Lock will probably be traded while he has a trade value or else this goes down as a more busted wasted picks that have zero return.

there was talks of teams interested in lock. If he is going to ride pine trade him.
                  Would anyone really want a quarterback that lost out to Teddy Bridgewater? What coach, in need of a quarterback, thinks he’s the guy that can coach up Lock?

I think they have to keep Lock just because they otherwise wouldn’t have a competent back up to the back up quality starter that Teddy would be.
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Maybe this has been said (sorry) but it may depend on what team they play for.....

Comment

• None of this will matter come Fall, because we'll have Aaron Roders

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Based on what I saw Monday, Drew hasn’t changed one iota. If he starts, Denver is employing the wish strategy to the season. We have done that for 5 straight seasons. If Teddy starts, they will win a couple more games, not be flashy, and still be middle of the pack at best. They absolutely need to acquire one of the upper tier guys who might want to play here.
                        Appears you believe you have all the required knowledge regarding the future of the Denver Broncos. Your opinion contains a lot of Bronco management hate. You should apply for Paton's job next year when all of your crystal ball knowledge becomes reality and then you can take over and get the Broncos to the SB in Feb. 2023.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                          None of this will matter come Fall, because we'll have Aaron Roders
                          "Roders?" At least you got his first name right.

And then you woke up and thought to yourself...."my real dream seemed so real."
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Appears you believe you have all the required knowledge regarding the future of the Denver Broncos. Your opinion contains a lot of Bronco management hate. You should apply for Paton's job next year when all of your crystal ball knowledge becomes reality and then you can take over and get the Broncos to the SB in Feb. 2023.
                            Well, I do have the last 5 seasons of QB play to inform me. But so does every other Bronco fan here. Doesn’t take a genius to know we have the worst QB room in the division and Teddy isn’t the upgrade some of us were hoping for. But I guess not everybody can be a genius like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Well, I do have the last 5 seasons of QB play to inform me. But so does every other Bronco fan here. Doesn’t take a genius to know we have the worst QB room in the division and Teddy isn’t the upgrade some of us were hoping for. But I guess not everybody can be a genius like me.
                              Fair reply. I get what you're implying and my positive thinking about the Broncos right now may be in vain but I'm still thinking we have a good chance at a decent season.

However, as the season begins I will definitely be looking down often (during the game) at the rug I'm standing on to see if it's about to be yanked out from under my feet by the Broncos still being a crappy team.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Fair reply. I get what you're implying and my positive thinking about the Broncos right now may be in vain but I'm still thinking we have a good chance at a decent season.

However, as the season begins I will definitely be looking down often (during the game) at the rug I'm standing on to see if it's about to be yanked out from under my feet by the Broncos still being a crappy team.
                                I want your optimism to come to fruition. I really do. I hate that we are once again in the position of waiting to see who comes out ahead, and have to wait until August. I am on the Rodgers train because I don’t want to have to think about that position for a few seasons at least. It would be nice to have that security.

Comment

Working...
                                X