Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lock or Bridgewater Start Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Whenever TB come out lock should play the rest of the game. As long as the starters come put we good.
    I am seriously itching to see all of our starters in all their glory. The third preseason game used to be the dress rehearsal and you'd get starters in for a while. But they do have bubble guys that they have to make a decision on. Mostly I just want to see my team play after a long, crappy off season.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied

Whenever TB, come lock should play the rest of the game. As long as the starters come put we good.
    Ideally, Lock would play the whole game today, but I don’t think that will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    3rd preseason game used to be the tune up game for your starters. Who knows how the coaches will treat it now. Last preseason game, so you don’t want anybody getting hurt plus you need to see what those guys on the bubble can do before having to cut the roster down to 53. My guess is we don’t see a lot of TB or Lock today. As long as we get out of today’s game healthy, I’m happy.
    Whenever TB come out lock should play the rest of the game. As long as the starters come put we good.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 08-28-2021, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    3rd preseason game used to be the tune up game for your starters. Who knows how the coaches will treat it now. Last preseason game, so you don’t want anybody getting hurt plus you need to see what those guys on the bubble can do before having to cut the roster down to 53. My guess is we don’t see a lot of TB or Lock today. As long as we get out of today’s game healthy, I’m happy.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 08-28-2021, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    I just added some fuel to the fire this morning for Fun. That's all. I would be stupid to hope for bad things for our Starter.....I hope Teddy brings us to the promised land this year.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Wouldn’t have been any different if Lock would have been named starter. Same rhetoric, either QB.
    That's 100% true. Which furthermore let's me know out franchise QB is not on this team.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied

You better get use to it bc people all year long is gonna be hoping TB does badly....so luck can start again....im not a fan over either....so I really dont care.
    Wouldn’t have been any different if Lock would have been named starter. Same rhetoric, either QB.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Does it even matter?

For better or worse, TB is considered the “best choice” by the coaches. Hopefully he continues to be efficient, the team rallies behind him, and the offense can put up some consistent points. The same hope I would have had for Lock.

Both have played well this off-season. IMO both have strengths and weaknesses to focus on, it is now up to Shurmur to emphasize the right ones.

Decision has been made, how either plays in another pre-season game should be irrelevant. The only game that matters now is against the Giants.
    You better get use to it bc people all year long is gonna be hoping TB does badly....so luck can start again....im not a fan over either....so I really dont care.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
    More like ...."Bridgewater can't get it done against Rams back-ups.......Does Fangio pull the plug early ?"
    There's absolutely zero % chance that we fail against the Rams back ups . I think we could have Rypien out there with our 1's and look good against backups

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Tonight, what's going to happen if Teddy falters...................and Drew lights it up.
    Lock is still gonna be locked on the bench....

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Tonight, what's going to happen if Teddy falters...................and Drew lights it up.
    Does it even matter?

For better or worse, TB is considered the “best choice” by the coaches. Hopefully he continues to be efficient, the team rallies behind him, and the offense can put up some consistent points. The same hope I would have had for Lock.

Both have played well this off-season. IMO both have strengths and weaknesses to focus on, it is now up to Shurmur to emphasize the right ones.

Decision has been made, how either plays in another pre-season game should be irrelevant. The only game that matters now is against the Giants.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    More like ...."Bridgewater can't get it done against Rams back-ups.......Does Fangio pull the plug early ?"

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Or maybe 'Lock destroys 2nd and 3rd string defenders, reminiscent of Sloter.'

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    The articles will read 'Lock doing better without pressure of being starter.'

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X