Denver Broncos Secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos Secondary

I think between this season and last season we went from 2 nfl caliber cbs to 4 nfl caliber CBS. While keeping 2 really good safeties. Added 2 more safeties in the draft that should be able to compete as gunners for special teams as rookies. I think we went from one of the weaker looking secondaries to one of the stronger looking secondaries. Any questions?
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I think between this season and last season we went from 2 nfl caliber cbs to 4 nfl caliber CBS. While keeping 2 really good safeties. Added 2 more safeties in the draft that should be able to compete as gunners for special teams as rookies. I think we went from one of the weaker looking secondaries to one of the stronger looking secondaries. Any questions?
    I guess we'll find out.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      No doubt the secondary is looking to be perhaps the most formidable one.

As good as Surtain is, and in all probability will be, it's kinda nice to have Fuller and Darby so Patrick doesn't have to step in as our #1 CB, although I'm sure he could have. I think not having the pressure to be our #1 CB right away will only benefit him.

I'm really interested to see how Ojemudia does this year.
      ​​​​
      Re-signing Simmons was huge. And I loved the picks of Sterns and Johnson at safety. I thought both of those guys would be drafted in the third or fourth round.

Because he opted out last year, I think Kary Vincent kinda fell through the cracks and slid down draft boards. He could be a steal.

The special teams contributions from some of those guys are where they're mostly likely going to make their mark, especially early on, but, we need it.

Overall, the secondary is looking good.

​​​​​​

Comment

I like the talent level. Need to see it play out on the field.

Also need to see the pass rush do their job or we will be blaming the secondary for not being able to do the very hard tasks.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

No doubt the secondary is looking to be perhaps the most formidable one.

As good as Surtain is, and in all probability will be, it's kinda nice to have Fuller and Darby so Patrick doesn't have to step in as our #1 CB, although I'm sure he could have. I think not having the pressure to be our #1 CB right away will only benefit him.

I'm really interested to see how Ojemudia does this year.
          ​​​​
          Re-signing Simmons was huge. And I loved the picks of Sterns and Johnson at safety. I thought both of those guys would be drafted in the third or fourth round.

Because he opted out last year, I think Kary Vincent kinda fell through the cracks and slid down draft boards. He could be a steal.

The special teams contributions from some of those guys are where they're mostly likely going to make their mark, especially early on, but, we need it.

Overall, the secondary is looking good.

​​​​​​
          Wow....nice post.

Comment

Working...
          X