Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the 1999 Broncos could have three peated if Elway came back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the 1999 Broncos could have three peated if Elway came back?

Just imagine John Elway saying I wanna play til age 41...he comes back in '99, does the Broncos three peat in Atlanta?

I think he even said they wouldn’t have been much better than they were if he had returned.

If I’m not mistaken, they tried to work it so that he could be able to return but the NFL said no. I think they wanted to use him in a “break glass in case of emergency” type role.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Definitely would have 3-peated if Elway's knees had allowed him to come back for 1 more season and we didn't suffer any major injuries.

We would've beaten "The Greatest Show On Turf" (St. Louis Rams) in similar fashion as we did "The Dirty Birds" (Atlanta Falcons).

Our defense would have been just as good as the Titans D and our 'pick your poison' offense was way more potent then what the Titans had to offer.

Comment

nope didn't Davis get injuried in 1999. and i think Davis was more important to the sb teams then Elway
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

personally no , I think you've just got to respect that the titans jags bucs and rams were 4 very decent collective units who all would have gave the broncos trouble , ot but what a defensive effort by the bucs at the rams , still one of the best I can think of .

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            nope didn't Davis get injuried in 1999. and i think Davis was more important to the sb teams then Elway
            That's why I said "if we didn't suffer any major injuries".

TD's career basically ended when he tried to make a tackle of a Brian Griese interception...that play most likely would have never happened, nor would we had started the season at 0-4, if Elway were still our QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

That's why I said "if we didn't suffer any major injuries".

TD's career basically ended when he tried to make a tackle of a Brian Griese interception...that play most likely would have never happened, nor would we had started the season at 0-4, if Elway were still our QB.
              it's to many hypotheticals for me
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Interesting question. Sometimes things end for a good reason, especially when you end on a high note. Make that, the highest of notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  That was because Griese threw a pick and Matt Lepsis fell on Davis trying to defend it. Wouldn't happen if Elway was there instead.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Possible....sure....but highly improbable.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Yes, absolutely!!!

Griese was given the keys to a Rolls Royce offense and crashed it straight into a pole! The team was largely intact after SB 33, we added Al Wilson, and Elway would have certainly gotten it done. He just didn't want to tempt Father Time.

Heck, if Shanahan hadn't created a QB controversy that divided the locker room and had just started Brister as promised, the team probably has a winning record and gets back to the playoffs. Bubby was stellar in the four games he played in '98.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I think Elway said something along the lines of losing to the Jags before the two SB wins was their chance to set up a three-peat and it didn't happen. So they tried and couldn't do it.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I think we would have a really good shot at it. Defenses wouldn’t have played us the same way with Elway under center as they did with Griese under center. So in that aspect, Davis would’ve likely not only stayed healthy, but would’ve been knocking on the door for 2k rushing yards again.

But, if he doesn’t retire then we probably don’t get to watch arguably one of the greatest Super Bowls ever.

Comment

Team blew the 3 peat losing to Jacksonville in 96. IMO that team was the best that never won.

Comment

Assuming we made the SB in 96, that Packers team demolished us (albeit without Elway) 41-3 in 96 regular season and I'm not sure we would have beaten that Packers team. I don't think we would have won even if Elway returned in 1999.
                              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Working...
                              X