Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Are Now Showing This Game On NFL Network....Hint: We Win!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Are Now Showing This Game On NFL Network....Hint: We Win!!

Easily one of my all time fav games!!!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-12-2021, 12:42 PM.

My goodness, this game was filled with memorable plays. Elway rotating in the air, McCaffrey making the block for the ages, The Pack allowing TD to score to preserve time on the clock, Atwater, Hilliard and Brooks' collision before the game deciding 4th down stop, TD temporarily losing his vision with a migraine, etc.!! What a memorable game!! And yes, it was our first SB victory.

As far as stats go, Elway really did not fare too well. He was 12 of 22 for just 123 yards, including 1 pic and 0 TDs...for a rate of 51.9. BUT TD had 157 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      My goodness, this game was filled with memorable plays. Elway rotating in the air, McCaffrey making the block for the ages, The Pack allowing TD to score to preserve time on the clock, Atwater, Hilliard and Brooks' collision before the game deciding 4th down stop, TD temporarily losing his vision with a migraine, etc.!! What a memorable game!! And yes, it was our first SB victory.

As far as stats go, Elway really did not fare too well. He was 12 of 22 for just 123 yards, including 1 pic and 0 TDs...for a rate of 51.9. BUT TD had 157 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns!
      I know but I still get pumped whenever I watch that game. I can't help it. I watch that game as if I don't know what's going to happen when I do. Just makes me giddy every time I see it. I just wish I could listen to the Dave Logan version.... "Oh, baby, we're gonna win this thing.

So many freaking great storylines for our team. Yup, TD and his migraines. "Just go in TD and no one will care." I always thought Mike Shanahan almost sounded cold to TD's migraines, but so brilliant, Steve Atwater almost taking out the entire backfield....Jesus, he wouldn't have been allowed to play in the current NFL, McCaffrey not only with that great block, but that finger pointing...., not today dude...

I know that I am biased.... but after that game shown on NFLN, they showed the Pats and the RAMs, sorry, there were no real story lines like our team that were rooted in such history. Probably I'm living in nostalgia but damn, our team has so many storylines.
      Last edited by broncoslover115; 07-12-2021, 06:19 PM.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

And to see Pat Bowlen alive saying, "This one's for John," breaks my heart. I told my neighbor that we have so many stories that people should know about our team. How things have come full circle.... Elway becoming the GM, hiring Kubiak as our HC, " This one's for Pat....." It's just too hard to explain to people who don't understand. I'm getting all verklempt.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

It was the Greatest game ever! I honestly thought we were going to blow it after Elway threw that pick late in the game. I drank all the beer in the refrigerator that night, and then I went for the old Coors Lights that were stashed in the back of the fridge after Elway threw that pick. I remember celebrating for many days.
          (Actually more like 2 or 3 years)
          It's by far my greatest Broncos memory.
          It made all the Super Bowl losses go away for me, even the one from when I was a little kid, watching Craig Morton getting pounded by the "Doomsday Defense".

https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

Yes indeed.....I am not sure I remember a game, certainly even nearly that long ago, with so many standout moments!!! Just when I was getting over one thing, it seemed another was happening. Even a play like that 3rd down collision with Atwater portraying an NFL bowling ball, I was momentarily excited, then realized it was 4th down and we have a couple of Dbacks out of action!!! Which led to that single second when I realized that Mobley got his hand on the pass, and the game was ours!!!

And for sure, it was our 1st....so how do you ever forget that??!!!! Had I known we were going back to back, I might still be hammered!!

Last edited by CanDB; 07-12-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I was floating on air for a long.....long....time.

Comment

Maybe a homer opinion, but, I believe this was the best Super Bowl, thus far. There were so many aspects and storylines in this Super Bowl.
                ​​​​
                2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks, as well as, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Gary Zimmerman, and Reggie White...all Hall of Farmers.

The Broncos were 11 point underdogs. Packers were the defending champions.

Elway trying to win a championship after going 0-3 in his first three trips.

Terrell Davis overcoming migraines and rushing for 3 TD's to take the MVP honors.

It was a close, back and forth game, came down right to the last minute. It was entertaining, both offensively and defensively.

One of the most iconic plays...the Elway dive.

The AFC breaking a 13 year run of the NFC winning the Super Bowl.

One of the most iconic celebratory comments...."This one's for John!"

This game pretty much had everything you could want in a Super Bowl.
                Last edited by sra84; 07-16-2021, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                  Maybe a homer opinion, but, I believe this was the best Super Bowl, thus far. There were so many aspects and storylines in this Super Bowl.
                  ​​​​
                  2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks, as well as, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Gary Zimmerman, and Reggie White...all Hall of Farmers.

The Broncos were 11 point underdogs. Packers were the defending champions.

Elway trying to win a championship after going 0-3 in his first three trips.

Terrell Davis overcoming migraines and rushing for 3 TD's to take the MVP honors.

It was a close, back and forth game, came down right to the last minute. It was entertaining, both offensively and defensively.

One of the most iconic plays...the Elway dive.

The AFC breaking a 13 year run of the NFC winning the Super Bowl.

One of the most iconic celebratory comments...."This one's for John!"

This game pretty much had everything you could want in a Super Bowl.
                  All well stated. The line was up to 13.5 pt underdogs.

The whole game can be watched here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUe968JR8UM

I'd post the video but certain videos are unplayable on message boards, like all those released by the NFL for some reason.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                  2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

Do not have the NFL Network for a couple of years. Miss it then a lot but now not so much.
                    Ready for October Falls

Comment

You know, as much as I loved the game, what stood out for me was before the game, a week before. Shanahan had told the team to say nothing, don't give them any bulletin board material, just lay low and take it out on them during the game. After a week of how impenetrable the Packers D-line was, how solid (and huge) Gilbert was in the middle, how the Broncos had failed miserably in their previous SB appearances, how Brett Favre was too good a QB for the Broncos to beat, I watched the Mouth From The South, Shannon Sharp, sit down with the media and tell them that "we didn't come all this way to lose." He then all but guaranteed a Broncos win. I was grinning from ear to ear because I was fed up with hearing how unbeatable the Packers were and how wonderful Favre was. We had a HoF 1st ballot QB and the best rushing game in the league.

Yep, during the game I was tense, waiting to see if the Broncos fell apart during the game, but after Elway helicoptered to get a first down, I saw how it affected the entire team. We were going to win this game.
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X