Greg Knapp In Critical Condtion --- 22 July. Update: RIP Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

While it is a tragedy that never should have happened, it was an accident.

This is a civil matter, and should not be a criminal matter.
    Don’t agree. It was negligence. If driver was “inattentive” ( who knows what that means? texting, changing the radio, taking a bite from a sandwich, etc) How is that not criminal?

Driver veers into the bike lane and hits a runner or a couple of moms with their joggers, not an uncommon sight, still a civil, not a criminal matter? What if same inattentive driver rear ends a stopped car and kills another driver? Not criminal? Not even a slap on the wrist and a ticket?

The man was simply riding his bike in a bike lane and some ran him over. Now they won’t even make his name public.
    Last edited by Peanut; 09-27-2021, 01:12 AM. Reason: Deleted word.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Don’t agree. It was negligence. If driver was “inattentive” ( who knows what that means? texting, changing the radio, taking a bite from a sandwich, etc) How is that not criminal?

Driver veers into the bike lane and hits a runner or a couple of moms with their joggers, not an uncommon sight, still a civil, not a criminal matter? What if same inattentive driver rear ends a stopped car and kills another driver? Not criminal? Not even a slap on the wrist and a ticket?

The man was simply riding his bike in a bike lane and some ran him over. Now they won’t even make his name public.
      Does that mean we should throw people in jail for inattentive driving, even when they don’t cause an accident? That’s what we do with drunk drivers. Talk about prison over population. There wouldn’t be anyone left to run the country.

It’s sad that a man lost his life when he shouldn’t have.

The person who caused that tragedy has to live with that mistake for the rest of his/her life. That might be all the punishment that person needs to be better in the future.
      Last edited by Peanut; 09-27-2021, 01:13 AM. Reason: Deleted word in quoted post.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl
      Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Does that mean we should throw people in jail for inattentive driving, even when they don’t cause an accident? That’s what we do with drunk drivers. Talk about prison over population. There wouldn’t be anyone left to run the country.

It’s sad that a man lost his life when he shouldn’t have.

The person who caused that tragedy has to live with that mistake for the rest of his/her life. That might be all the punishment that person needs to be better in the future.
        I don’t know, maybe someone inattentive enough to veer into another lane and run over a 200lb person on a bike (likely in garish cycling gear to attract the attention of inattentive drivers) should be held accountable for their actions of killing someone. Crazy I know.

Pretty sure that is why manslaughter or criminal negligence are on the books.

But if the driver feels bad and is is sorry I guess all is forgiven. I’m sure the Knapp family feels justice has been served for their loss.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I don’t know, maybe someone inattentive enough to veer into another lane and run over a 200lb person on a bike (likely in garish cycling gear to attract the attention of inattentive drivers) should be held accountable for their actions of killing someone. Crazy I know.

Pretty sure that is why manslaughter or criminal negligence are on the books.

But if the driver feels bad and is is sorry I guess all is forgiven. I’m sure the Knapp family feels justice has been served for their loss.
          In all likelihood, the law is written in a way that made it impractical to press charges. The law probably views what happened as something for the ambulance chasers to deal with rather than the criminal court system. If that’s the case, I don’t have a problem with that.
          Last edited by broncolee; 09-27-2021, 08:48 AM.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl
          Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Working...
          X