Ff div iv 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Well I couldn't make the draft as my wife was having a heart procedure 2 hours away so I was on the road. I see the auto draft gave me some crap QBs, maybe Jalen Hurts does OK - is he even starting? Fields might be OK later in the season. Cam Akers?? Isn't he hurt?
    Lots of work to do to defend my championship!
    Sorry to hear your wife had a heart procedure, Brian. Hope she feels better soon.

Oh, my. Yes, not the best QB line up. Not sure what to expect with Jalen Hurts. He is their starter as far as I know. They kept him over Wentz, so someone must have liked him. But then again, I'm not real sure with all the Eagles changes this year. Hopefully you can make a good trade! Or a good QB can be obtained off waivers. Good luck!
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Question to our Commish, or anyone who has experience with this situation:

In my other league, I have a player on Reserve. I want to add a player, BUT only if it does not affect my waiver status. Can I make that add without losing my waiver position??

That might be a good question for the commish of the other league. I'm not sure if the settings would be any different than ours.

To be honest though, I don't see how it would not impact your waiver position. You would have to move the player to reserve, in order to add a new one to the bench. You would still be adding a player to your roster. Sorry Dave, maybe I don't understand your question.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Sorry to hear your wife had a heart procedure, Brian. Hope she feels better soon.

Oh, my. Yes, not the best QB line up. Not sure what to expect with Jalen Hurts. He is their starter as far as I know. They kept him over Wentz, so someone must have liked him. But then again, I'm not real sure with all the Eagles changes this year. Hopefully you can make a good trade! Or a good QB can be obtained off waivers. Good luck!
        Thanks, things went as well as could be expected for my wife... for now.
        Hurts is the starter for now but they did trade for Minshew. I did well late in the season last year with Hurts, he is a double threat so potential for rushing yards... maybe make up some for the Akers baloney?
        It just makes it more challenging... right? Its a kind of long season working trades and waiver wire is what eventually makes a great team.
        sigpic

Comment

Hope your wife is doing well.

Thanks, appreciate the thought.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

some folks think hurts is going to go off this year.
            That could happen, I think it will be short lived. I think he will be good to start the season but as the season wears on he will be less effective... maybe not.

sigpic

Comment

That might be a good question for the commish of the other league. I'm not sure if the settings would be any different than ours.

To be honest though, I don't see how it would not impact your waiver position. You would have to move the player to reserve, in order to add a new one to the bench. You would still be adding a player to your roster. Sorry Dave, maybe I don't understand your question.
              Thanks J for giving it a thought. I'll rephrase the question just a little.

By putting a player on Reserve, which is what we are allowed to do given injury or suspension, it automatically states that you have a player to add. Last year as you recall, there were extra reserve positions for covid, which made for a number of reserve spots, and a number of added players...until of course the player(s) returned. Anyway, I have an opportunity to add a player, without giving up a player, and it does not appear to be waiver related. Just "add" and "confirm". So in that format, it does not look like I will lose my waiver spot, because I do not appear to be competing for a player. A straight add. Maybe if I go thru and add a player, and confirm the add, it might state that it is pending waivers, If so I will delete. But if it does not state that it is a waiver situation, I should be ok. I'm #2 in the waivers in that league, and I suspect I would retain that status, UNLESS it tells me otherwise.

My reason for concern is that I prefer not to use my waiver position on a nice to have player, given that after week one there are usually newfound gems in the waiver pool.

I have just been advised that I should be ok. I might as well see what happens, and if I don't like what I read, I'll delete before the waiver period is over.

Sorry for the lengthy and possibly odd ball situation I ask about.

Comment

Update: After listening to folks and doing some research, I went ahead with adding a player, for the player I had designated for Reserve, and it did not affect my waiver status. This may help you folks in future decision-making. Sometimes we learn more by asking dumb questions.

Makes sense now, given that you are typically advised about waivers when adding players, and in this case it was prompting to basically go ahead and add a player....with no waiver statement throughout.

Comment

By putting a player on Reserve, which is what we are allowed to do given injury or suspension, it automatically states that you have a player to add. Last year as you recall, there were extra reserve positions for covid, which made for a number of reserve spots, and a number of added players...until of course the player(s) returned. Anyway, I have an opportunity to add a player, without giving up a player, and it does not appear to be waiver related. Just "add" and "confirm". So in that format, it does not look like I will lose my waiver spot, because I do not appear to be competing for a player. A straight add. Maybe if I go thru and add a player, and confirm the add, it might state that it is pending waivers, If so I will delete. But if it does not state that it is a waiver situation, I should be ok. I'm #2 in the waivers in that league, and I suspect I would retain that status, UNLESS it tells me otherwise.

My reason for concern is that I prefer not to use my waiver position on a nice to have player, given that after week one there are usually newfound gems in the waiver pool.

I have just been advised that I should be ok. I might as well see what happens, and if I don't like what I read, I'll delete before the waiver period is over.

Sorry for the lengthy and possibly odd ball situation I ask about.
                  Update: After listening to folks and doing some research, I went ahead with adding a player, for the player I had designated for Reserve, and it did not affect my waiver status. This may help you folks in future decision-making. Sometimes we learn more by asking dumb questions.

Makes sense now, given that you are typically advised about waivers when adding players, and in this case it was prompting to basically go ahead and add a player....with no waiver statement throughout.
                  Do you have any idea how insulting you are. You ask me how it works in your other league. And you wanted me to find out, instead of you do the research.

I'm fully aware what "Reserve" is. I am aware what it means to "add' or "drop" a player. When you are adding a player to your roster off waivers I would expect it to impact your position, unless you adjusted the waivers settings. Congratulations on finding the answer on your own.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you have any idea how insulting you are. You ask me how it works in your other league. And you wanted me to find out, instead of you do the research.

I'm fully aware what "Reserve" is. I am aware what it means to "add' or "drop" a player. When you are adding a player to your roster off waivers I would expect it to impact your position, unless you adjusted the waivers settings. Congratulations on finding the answer on your own.
                    I think you are reading too much into this. I was in a bit of a hurry to find an answer, given players are often swept up by others, and have asked you and others who may know the answer. Not expecting you or anyone to know for sure, because it's an odd ball situation. When I stated I did my research, I meant I asked a few folks, including you, and I tried to look up whatever there is on the topic. And I also tried to state my situation a bit more clearly given you mentioned you might not understand my question. So I tried to clarify, even by stating things that might be obvious to you, because it is easy to be misinterpreted via posts.

I am a commish now, and "the other league" is the league I oversee. Clearly I don't know all the answers. So I do not expect you or any other commish to either. And this is certainly not a well known situation, because my pal, who typically knows his stuff, gave me one answer and then said he might be wrong.

Anyway...sorry you feel this way. But I asked you and others because I did not know, and you have been a go to person for me. But I did not want to wait too long, therefore I asked around and I looked up what I could....that was my research.

Further, I came back here because I wanted to tell you and others in this league what happened. Share. I can't pm you, so I am limited in my ways of communicating.

That's what happened.

BTW....I was only asking how you thought it works, not how it works in my other league. I certainly am unaware about a setting for how Reserve affects Waiver related activity. Therefore I was asking folks assuming it was more of a standard thing, no matter the league.

You know I come to you for information. And in this case, because it appeared to be kind of a unique situation, I kept asking/looking. I did not question your knowledge or understanding. Just as I didn't get back to my friend and give him action for not knowing for sure. I thanked him. As I did you.

Comment

I think you are reading too much into this. I was in a bit of a hurry to find an answer, given players are often swept up by others, and have asked you and others who may know the answer. Not expecting you or anyone to know for sure, because it's an odd ball situation. When I stated I did my research, I meant I asked a few folks, including you, and I tried to look up whatever there is on the topic. And I also tried to state my situation a bit more clearly given you mentioned you might not understand my question. So I tried to clarify, even by stating things that might be obvious to you, because it is easy to be misinterpreted via posts.

I am a commish now, and "the other league" is the league I oversee. Clearly I don't know all the answers. So I do not expect you or any other commish to either. And this is certainly not a well known situation, because my pal, who typically knows his stuff, gave me one answer and then said he might be wrong.

Anyway...sorry you feel this way. But I asked you and others because I did not know, and you have been a go to person for me. But I did not want to wait too long, therefore I asked around and I looked up what I could....that was my research.

Further, I came back here because I wanted to tell you and others in this league what happened. Share. I can't pm you, so I am limited in my ways of communicating.

That's what happened.

BTW....I was only asking how you thought it works, not how it works in my other league. I certainly am unaware about a setting for how Reserve affects Waiver related activity. Therefore I was asking folks assuming it was more of a standard thing, no matter the league.

You know I come to you for information. And in this case, because it appeared to be kind of a unique situation, I kept asking/looking. I did not question your knowledge or understanding. Just as I didn't get back to my friend and give him action for not knowing for sure. I thanked him. As I did you.

Bad day, bad week, bad month. I saw the explanation of what reserve was and thought you were really dumbing it down for me. May of taken it wrong. Thanks for keeping it civil, since I certainly didn't.
                      sigpic

Comment

Bad day, bad week, bad month. I saw the explanation of what reserve was and thought you were really dumbing it down for me. May of taken it wrong. Thanks for keeping it civil, since I certainly didn't.
                        I'll keep this short. Given I thought we were pals, and given I did not do anything that seemed wrong (unless misinterpreted), I was quite surprised by the first sentence alone...

"Do you have any idea how insulting you are?"

Maybe clarification would have been the wiser route.

Comment

By putting a player on Reserve, which is what we are allowed to do given injury or suspension, it automatically states that you have a player to add. Last year as you recall, there were extra reserve positions for covid, which made for a number of reserve spots, and a number of added players...until of course the player(s) returned.
                          I answered your question the first time as to what my take was. I meant if that's not what you were asking, I may be missing something. Instead you said you would rephrase and explained to me what "reserve" was. It got on my last nerve. You have had other backhanded comments in the past, I tend to ignore them. For the most part we get along fine.

I'll keep this short. Given I thought we were pals, and given I did not do anything that seemed wrong (unless misinterpreted), I was quite surprised by the first sentence alone...

"Do you have any idea how insulting you are?"

Maybe clarification would have been the wiser route.

I have already acknowledged I may have read it different than it was intended. I don't think this needs anymore attention. If you have anything further on this we can discuss in a PM. I won't reply any further here on this.
                          sigpic

Comment

Iceman is going to take the crown once and for all!! Say sorry to each other, both great people and let’s focus on Sophias awesome league that I am going to win!
                            sigpic

Comment

I answered your question the first time as to what my take was. I meant if that's not what you were asking, I may be missing something. Instead you said you would rephrase and explained to me what "reserve" was. It got on my last nerve. You have had other backhanded comments in the past, I tend to ignore them. For the most part we get along fine.

I have already acknowledged I may have read it different than it was intended. I don't think this needs anymore attention. If you have anything further on this we can discuss in a PM. I won't reply any further here on this.
                              Unnecessary comment....I was trying to explain in detail how the reserve process was showing up in regard to the waiver, which you did not quite visualize the first time, which was totally acceptable. So I detailed it, not once thinking you were not able to understand Reserve etc. I believe that when you explain such things to others, you are best to go step by step, because it makes it easier to execute.

I was going to move on, but by mentioning something about my so called backhanded past is deflecting what took place. Consider how you would feel if you tried to help me, and I made the comment about how insulting you are?

I will not pm you on this matter. When you try to help others you should not feel this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                                Iceman is going to take the crown once and for all!! Say sorry to each other, both great people and let’s focus on Sophias awesome league that I am going to win!
                                Awe man, I hate apologies. If Iceman says so though, sorry CanDB. Sorry as well to anyone who had to read me flip out over nothing.

Iceman, have you seen my team? You are coming in 2nd and not just this week. Good luck!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X