Ff div iv 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Probably. I've seen plenty of times where you have the most points and you have the most points against you, holding you back. lol
    Yeah, fantasy is super fun, and I really like it, but a few things are definitely out of our control....injuries of course; when players do not meet analyst expectation (high or low); and then there's the dreaded points against. It's not always fair but it is part of the game. Of course we've all experienced it. It's that year you think you are doing pretty good, but lose more games than seem warranted. And then you realize that you keep getting bad draws against opponents.

Conversely, we all win games that we had no business winning. Somehow those are easier to take.

OMG....I got a break from my worst team. First overall in points against. So last week I got Henderson and I only need about 5 points...tho standard league. The Rams suck, and then I leave the room and see Henderson is now a "Q" for the rest of the game. I check the points and I am 0.08 points behind, and it's the last game of the weekend. Q during games usually means not returning. But he did, and to only barely get me the win. My second of the year. Yuck, but luck.

Comment

• Still morning but you folks know why the waiver activity is so late?

No biggee, especially in one league I'm in where winning is, shall we say, becoming areal problem.

Comment

• OK....back to normal.

Comment

• BTW....once again, this league is very good! I think I have a good team, and was 5 and 1, only to lose 4 straight. I felt like a playoff certainty to someone in a real fight for my playoff life. We all have had injuries and others issues, but you folks are not giving me much confidence.

Comment

• Geez Dave, are you done finally? I thought I had a good team. Looks like all your guys showed up and mine didn’t.I guess your losing streak is over. Lol.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Oh shoot, trade deadline passed. And I was all prepared to trade a few of my best RBs/WRs for some kickers. You can never have enough kickers!!!

(Ask Washington)

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Oh shoot, trade deadline passed. And I was all prepared to trade a few of my best RBs/WRs for some kickers. You can never have enough kickers!!!

(Ask Washington)
                I feel like we should have gone with no deadline, since you are feeling so generous at this time.
                sigpic

Comment

I feel like we should have gone with no deadline, since you are feeling so generous at this time.
                  It is funny that Washington almost lost the game because they could not kick one. I mean, they were a hair away from a 2 score lead, but Seattle could have tied it with a 2 pointer, and then their kicker made a great onside attempt only to be called for a penalty that none of us saw,

Would you folks say that this is an above average injury year, which is more so true for my team in the my other league, along with some covid related downtime?

Conversely in my other league, I've had my share (too many!) of high waiver opportunities, but there do not seem to be as many home run type waiver picks as in some years. For me it's been a player who has 1 or 2 weeks to shine and either the player replaced returns, or the waiver pick ends up sharing some of the load in time. In past years I recall having waiver picks that considerably improved my team.

Comment

It is funny that Washington almost lost the game because they could not kick one. I mean, they were a hair away from a 2 score lead, but Seattle could have tied it with a 2 pointer, and then their kicker made a great onside attempt only to be called for a penalty that none of us saw,

Would you folks say that this is an above average injury year, which is more so true for my team in the my other league, along with some covid related downtime?

Conversely in my other league, I've had my share (too many!) of high waiver opportunities, but there do not seem to be as many home run type waiver picks as in some years. For me it's been a player who has 1 or 2 weeks to shine and either the player replaced returns, or the waiver pick ends up sharing some of the load in time. In past years I recall having waiver picks that considerably improved my team.
                    I don't know if above average on injuries, but there are certainly a lot. Seems like my #1 pick almost always spends most the season out. Yes on the waivers though. I tend to get a few good ones from there, but no luck this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if above average on injuries, but there are certainly a lot. Seems like my #1 pick almost always spends most the season out. Yes on the waivers though. I tend to get a few good ones from there, but no luck this year.
                      Hey J....looks like you and I (and others) are fighting for a playoff spot. This is a tough league, as I feel like this is one team of mine this year that has been pretty solid most of the season.

Em's team is really tough...clearly has scored a ton of points!

Good luck (to all)!

Comment

Hey J....looks like you and I (and others) are fighting for a playoff spot. This is a tough league, as I feel like this is one team of mine this year that has been pretty solid most of the season.

Em's team is really tough...clearly has scored a ton of points!

Good luck (to all)!
                        Yes, the league is always a good one! The league leaders are all good, as are many who have fallen on bad luck with losses even though they have a great team. Good luck to all! It's almost playoff time!
                        sigpic

Comment

• I am pretty happy with the way my 3 teams have performed of late. But are you like me, and notice players you either traded or let go during the season that are playing really good, right now?! In most cases I can live with it, because the trades and some waiver moves were right for the time. Especially if you make a gutsy trade that includes more than one really good player.

One example is a guy like Miles Sanders, who is looking much better now. But you can only hold some players for so long. Sometimes you can't hide them and patiently wait.

But there is a lesson in FF that often comes to fruition (in real life too), don't give up too early.

Comment

• Hmmmm.....have to check my roster every hour now to see if another player goes on reserve. Many of us are running out of spaces!!

Comment

• Playoffs!! Congrats to Sacks in the City, Bodega Belichick, True North, and 58ItsMillerTime for making the cut! All have been tough to beat this year!

The Dude's Hammer, Shutdown Corner, Lightning Bolt Brigade, and Mile High Salute can play on for consolation!

Better luck next year to all who missed the playoffs!
                              sigpic

Comment

Playoffs!! Congrats to Sacks in the City, Bodega Belichick, True North, and 58ItsMillerTime for making the cut! All have been tough to beat this year!

The Dude's Hammer, Shutdown Corner, Lightning Bolt Brigade, and Mile High Salute can play on for consolation!

Better luck next year to all who missed the playoffs!
                                Thanks for managing the league and for a fun year! I thought I built a heck of a team only to have teams put up their best against my squad and my players to be hurt all throughout the season…so goes fantasy football, ha! Cheers and good luck to those left standing!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X