• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Congratz Danzler! I think I tried to trade you for Chase way back, mind you, I tried trading for a lot of players and I probably offered you someone like Akers (j/k). And you did not win only because of him. Blondie was a powerhouse all year, and one never knows in the playoffs. Lets just say I dreaded playing her.

Of my 3 leagues, this was my best team. I am glad to get a medal in this league....though I am not sure how to get the online medal into my trophy case?? I came 3rd in another league, but not as competitive as this one. I love the league I manage, and same story...very competitive. That's the only way!!

I was ticked about the first playoff game because of covid/injuries, but Danzler won fair and square with a "big" score. We all faced the issues of this year, and it was very entertaining. It taught me yet again to track, track, track....right up to game time. And have a backup to the backup plan. I can't remember a year where I was grabbing players just before games, so often!

Thx commish, and thx to each of the managers. See you next time!

Leave a comment:

• Danzler88
    Bench Warmer

• Danzler88
    replied
    Thanks to everyone for another fun season. Thank you Sophia for running this thing, I know it can be a pain sometimes. Fantasy Football is about 20% knowledge and 80% luck, and I sure was lucky to have Ja'Marr Chase. Hope to see everyone back again next season.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    RIP #88

• Sophia23
    replied
    I thought sacks in the city had this season in the bag. Did not see Bodega Belichick pulling off the championship win, even though he had a strong hold on 2nd the entire season. Both of you had awesome teams.

Congrats to our champion, Danzler88! Congrats to Blondie79 on 2nd place!

It was a fun season, at least fantasy wise! Hope you all enjoy a nice offseason!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Congrats Blondie and Danzler on moving on to play for 1st place!
    Hey Commish....can you fix that covid thing by next season??!!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    RIP #88

• Sophia23
    replied
    Congrats Blondie and Danzler on moving on to play for 1st place!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Congratz to Blondie and Danzler for making it to the final. I wish that covid had not been such a factor, but the 2 best teams all year deserve to be in the championship!

Leave a comment:

• Shiz
    replied
    Playoffs!! Congrats to Sacks in the City, Bodega Belichick, True North, and 58ItsMillerTime for making the cut! All have been tough to beat this year!

The Dude's Hammer, Shutdown Corner, Lightning Bolt Brigade, and Mile High Salute can play on for consolation!

Better luck next year to all who missed the playoffs!
    Thanks for managing the league and for a fun year! I thought I built a heck of a team only to have teams put up their best against my squad and my players to be hurt all throughout the season…so goes fantasy football, ha! Cheers and good luck to those left standing!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    RIP #88

• Sophia23
    replied
    Playoffs!! Congrats to Sacks in the City, Bodega Belichick, True North, and 58ItsMillerTime for making the cut! All have been tough to beat this year!

The Dude's Hammer, Shutdown Corner, Lightning Bolt Brigade, and Mile High Salute can play on for consolation!

Better luck next year to all who missed the playoffs!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Hmmmm.....have to check my roster every hour now to see if another player goes on reserve. Many of us are running out of spaces!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    I am pretty happy with the way my 3 teams have performed of late. But are you like me, and notice players you either traded or let go during the season that are playing really good, right now?! In most cases I can live with it, because the trades and some waiver moves were right for the time. Especially if you make a gutsy trade that includes more than one really good player.

One example is a guy like Miles Sanders, who is looking much better now. But you can only hold some players for so long. Sometimes you can't hide them and patiently wait.

But there is a lesson in FF that often comes to fruition (in real life too), don't give up too early.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    RIP #88

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hey J....looks like you and I (and others) are fighting for a playoff spot. This is a tough league, as I feel like this is one team of mine this year that has been pretty solid most of the season.

Em's team is really tough...clearly has scored a ton of points!

Good luck (to all)!
    Yes, the league is always a good one! The league leaders are all good, as are many who have fallen on bad luck with losses even though they have a great team. Good luck to all! It's almost playoff time!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied

I don't know if above average on injuries, but there are certainly a lot. Seems like my #1 pick almost always spends most the season out. Yes on the waivers though. I tend to get a few good ones from there, but no luck this year.
    Hey J....looks like you and I (and others) are fighting for a playoff spot. This is a tough league, as I feel like this is one team of mine this year that has been pretty solid most of the season.

Em's team is really tough...clearly has scored a ton of points!

Good luck (to all)!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    RIP #88

• Sophia23
    replied

It is funny that Washington almost lost the game because they could not kick one. I mean, they were a hair away from a 2 score lead, but Seattle could have tied it with a 2 pointer, and then their kicker made a great onside attempt only to be called for a penalty that none of us saw,

Would you folks say that this is an above average injury year, which is more so true for my team in the my other league, along with some covid related downtime?

Conversely in my other league, I've had my share (too many!) of high waiver opportunities, but there do not seem to be as many home run type waiver picks as in some years. For me it's been a player who has 1 or 2 weeks to shine and either the player replaced returns, or the waiver pick ends up sharing some of the load in time. In past years I recall having waiver picks that considerably improved my team.
    I don't know if above average on injuries, but there are certainly a lot. Seems like my #1 pick almost always spends most the season out. Yes on the waivers though. I tend to get a few good ones from there, but no luck this year.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied

I feel like we should have gone with no deadline, since you are feeling so generous at this time.
    It is funny that Washington almost lost the game because they could not kick one. I mean, they were a hair away from a 2 score lead, but Seattle could have tied it with a 2 pointer, and then their kicker made a great onside attempt only to be called for a penalty that none of us saw,

Would you folks say that this is an above average injury year, which is more so true for my team in the my other league, along with some covid related downtime?

Conversely in my other league, I've had my share (too many!) of high waiver opportunities, but there do not seem to be as many home run type waiver picks as in some years. For me it's been a player who has 1 or 2 weeks to shine and either the player replaced returns, or the waiver pick ends up sharing some of the load in time. In past years I recall having waiver picks that considerably improved my team.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    RIP #88

• Sophia23
    replied
    Oh shoot, trade deadline passed. And I was all prepared to trade a few of my best RBs/WRs for some kickers. You can never have enough kickers!!!

(Ask Washington)
    I feel like we should have gone with no deadline, since you are feeling so generous at this time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X