Div 2/3 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Possibly, depends on who you got to give.
    Swift? Patterson?

Comment

I will put Williams or Goodwin on the table for the right RB.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Swift? Patterson?
        Sent you an offer

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Sent you an offer
          👍Got it. Good to go!

Comment

Went to bed last night thinking I had lost and woke up to Andrews going off and being home the win. Sucks losing 2 players to injury and meeting a whooping .9 points but got a few big games from some others. But at this rate my bench is going to be IR central

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              Went to bed last night thinking I had lost and woke up to Andrews going off and being home the win. Sucks losing 2 players to injury and meeting a whooping .9 points but got a few big games from some others. But at this rate my bench is going to be IR central
              I owe you an apology, Birdman. I almost completely screwed us this week. Let me explain how this works. I did some thinking about Carson and his neck issue, and then I did some thinking about the ceiling Collins had going against the Rams Thursday. So I grabbed Collins (your handcuff to Carson), and played him. In doing so I benched...Jonathan Taylor. Needless to say, I butchered my lineup, but worse I almost caused you to lose in the process. It gets better. You and I were the only two people to pick the Ravens last night in Survivor. The reason I took the Ravens is because I let my wife make my pick this week. Almost cursed you a second time.

But good news. Lamar Jackson saved you. The poetic justice here is that I went against Lamar Jackson in this fantasy league last night. Deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I owe you an apology, Birdman. I almost completely screwed us this week. Let me explain how this works. I did some thinking about Carson and his neck issue, and then I did some thinking about the ceiling Collins had going against the Rams Thursday. So I grabbed Collins (your handcuff to Carson), and played him. In doing so I benched...Jonathan Taylor. Needless to say, I butchered my lineup, but worse I almost caused you to lose in the process. It gets better. You and I were the only two people to pick the Ravens last night in Survivor. The reason I took the Ravens is because I let my wife make my pick this week. Almost cursed you a second time.

But good news. Lamar Jackson saved you. The poetic justice here is that I went against Lamar Jackson in this fantasy league last night. Deservedly so.
                I've learned benching high picks are bad. Benched my first round pick weeks 1 and 2 and lost both of those decided to play him every week and since than and won all 3 weeks. Going to bench him again next week so fully expect to lose lol

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

I've learned benching high picks are bad. Benched my first round pick weeks 1 and 2 and lost both of those decided to play him every week and since than and won all 3 weeks. Going to bench him again next week so fully expect to lose lol
                  I've always been outside the box in FF though. You gotta think differently and take chances to win. GL rest of the way man.

Comment

I've always been outside the box in FF though. You gotta think differently and take chances to win. GL rest of the way man.
                    Good luck to you too... well except week 9 you can just bench all your players that week

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Any one interested in Kittle for when he comes back?

Comment

Jv, I was just thinking. We gotta work on a vote for an IR slot next season. Just one, I think should do it. I'm looking at some of your rosters, and it's brutal right now.

Comment

Jv, I was just thinking. We gotta work on a vote for an IR slot next season. Just one, I think should do it. I'm looking at some of your rosters, and it's brutal right now.
                          What my 2 IR players and 2 IA bench wasn't good looking lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

While an IR spot would benefit half the teams for 1-3 players what about the other half of the teams that do not need it?

With this large of a bench not sure if I would vote for a IR spot.

I do use IR spot on my league but we have a smaller bench.

Ultimately I do not like the concept of stashing players on the bench and I can tell you year after year the benches in this league get full of stashed players.

It does stink for the teams with multiple injuries during the bye weeks but we been getting through this for years not sure if I want a change now.
                            Last edited by Hadez; 10-20-2021, 06:49 AM.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

While an IR spot would benefit half the teams for 1-3 players what about the other half of the teams that do not need it?

Ultimately I do not like the concept of stashing players on the bench and I can tell you year after year the benches in this league get full of stashed players.

It does stink for the teams with multiple injuries during the bye weeks but we been getting through this for years not sure if I want a change now.
                              If you don't need an IR spot then your team is doing good lol

I'm a big fan of it I use it in my live draft leagues that I run as well my vote is yes for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I honestly don't have a problem with people stashing IR or PUP players in a reserve slot or stashing available players from the free agent pool in a bench slot for future matchups or performance. If you're willing to sacrifice the roster space for an investment, go for it. I really don't have a problem with someone replacing an IR player for a month or two, or replacing a COVID player for a game either. Especially if it prevents you from having to drop a good player that someone else can just pick up and stash because they didn't have to use their waiver priority. To each their own though. Some people feel like whoever wins the draft should win the league. I've never felt that way. I respect all strategies. That includes matchups, in-season prospects, trades, etc. It's all fair to me. I don't even have a problem with people blocking players before the playoffs. I rarely do it, and only when I'm playing the player I pick up. During the playoffs? Oh, hell yes. I would be disappointed if my opponent didn't try to block me. lol. I get what you're saying about bench size though. Some think 6 is too much, and some don't. Personal preference.

I've heard that in some formats, an "O" or "IA" designation allows managers to put players in reserve, and that I don't agree with. It should be for IR, EXE, PUP, or COVID designations IMO.
                                Last edited by Spice 1; 10-20-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X