Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Div 2/3 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

    Not sure why people quit in fantasy. Remember one season I started out 2-6 and then ran the table through to the championship.

    This has been a hard league for my team so far. Seems every week my opponent goes off for the weekly high. Amazed im still in the race with the highest PA.
    Twice I have seen a team barely make the playoffs in the last week or two of the regular season than win it all.

    See people give up more in 4 team playoff format which is why I like 6 team playoff format.
    Lets Ride!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

      Some years you get murderer's row, and other years it seems like everybody has byes or injuries when they play you.
      I like the years where I score a lot of points (currently 2nd) and so does my opponents (current 3rd highest PA tho difference between 4th most and 2nd most is 2 pts atm).

      Yea it is more comfortable to 3rd highest scoring team and least PA but where is the fun in that besides probably a playoff bye
      Lets Ride!

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Hadez View Post

        I like the years where I score a lot of points (currently 2nd) and so does my opponents (current 3rd highest PA tho difference between 4th most and 2nd most is 2 pts atm).

        Yea it is more comfortable to 3rd highest scoring team and least PA but where is the fun in that besides probably a playoff bye
        My teams pretty much do the same thing. Suck early and gradually improve as the season progresses. Has to do with how I build the rosters. I'm falling off in this league right now mostly because of receiver volatility. Some people are good at it, I guess. I'm good in a vacuum, but I never sustain it. That's why I build my teams around RBs. When I get to where I'm relying on receivers, it usually means I'm screwed.

        Went outside of my philosophy and drafted a quarterback before the 7th round this year...stupid. We'll see how it plays out with Prescott. A lot of off the wall stuff has hurt his production so far. Where I'm stupid though, is I knew the Dallas defense was going to get it this year (even if more turnover based), and that hurts Prescott's production to a degree. So, I banked on his high touchdown production and the 6 point QB TD scoring in this league. Expecting a lot of things to line up there, and a little more optimistic than I should have been when you can always pick a guy up on waivers.

        But yeah. I don't regret not drafting a receiver until the 7th round. You can't foresee that Gus Edwards is going to get hurt in practice like a day before the season starts. So even though a good floor receiver would've been more productive than Edwards, a one off doesn't disprove the philosophy. Was able to eventually replace him with Carter, but again with the injury. In a perfect world, most RBs would be viably handcuffed, but the reality is that's only going to be like a third of the league at most.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

          Sent you an offer
          Looks like our seasons basically comes down to this trade.

          Good luck this week!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

            Looks like our seasons basically comes down to this trade.

            Good luck this week!
            Dido

            Comment


            • #81
              Wow Hadez.....talk about some bad luck, I almost feel bad for you....almost

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

                My teams pretty much do the same thing. Suck early and gradually improve as the season progresses. Has to do with how I build the rosters. I'm falling off in this league right now mostly because of receiver volatility. Some people are good at it, I guess. I'm good in a vacuum, but I never sustain it. That's why I build my teams around RBs. When I get to where I'm relying on receivers, it usually means I'm screwed.

                Went outside of my philosophy and drafted a quarterback before the 7th round this year...stupid. We'll see how it plays out with Prescott. A lot of off the wall stuff has hurt his production so far. Where I'm stupid though, is I knew the Dallas defense was going to get it this year (even if more turnover based), and that hurts Prescott's production to a degree. So, I banked on his high touchdown production and the 6 point QB TD scoring in this league. Expecting a lot of things to line up there, and a little more optimistic than I should have been when you can always pick a guy up on waivers.

                But yeah. I don't regret not drafting a receiver until the 7th round. You can't foresee that Gus Edwards is going to get hurt in practice like a day before the season starts. So even though a good floor receiver would've been more productive than Edwards, a one off doesn't disprove the philosophy. Was able to eventually replace him with Carter, but again with the injury. In a perfect world, most RBs would be viably handcuffed, but the reality is that's only going to be like a third of the league at most.
                Yep...

                (10 characters)

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  Wow Hadez.....talk about some bad luck, I almost feel bad for you....almost
                  I got good players just had a bad week. Still have a chance just need a lot of luck going my way.

                  Lets Ride!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    GG Ryan. Tough break with Lockett. He might've done it tonight with Ramsay following Metcalf around.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      GG Hadez

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        GG Ryan. Tough break with Lockett. He might've done it tonight with Ramsay following Metcalf around.

                        Patterson getting that TD reversed, Cardinals loss to the Lions and Lockett out with COVID was just too much diversity for one week. My season was over the minute Van Jefferson had to play. Great call going with that Cowboys defense. GL next week!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          GG Hadez
                          GG and Good Luck in the playoffs
                          Lets Ride!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Noah more Mediocrity...aka...theoldseadog, cmon man!! I enjoy a free win but this deep in we should be setting a line-up.....if you're not into it we'll find someone who is

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I dunno. He put a claim in on waivers. He was wheelin and dealin just a couple weeks ago and was in 1st place.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                I dunno. He put a claim in on waivers. He was wheelin and dealin just a couple weeks ago and was in 1st place.
                                I see recently added players, I know he's been active and I see Derek Henry in his lineup? Very questionable

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X