Week One Starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week One Starting QB

I think it is clear that the week 1 starter will be Teddy. It is unfortunate for the Broncos, but Teddy is the better QB at this point in time. The best thing for the Broncos would have been for Drew to run away with the job. Just isn't happening. I will say Drew wasn't given much shot at succeeding tonight, terrible play calling and mediocre at best supporting cast; however if he is the guy none of that would matter, he failed and it is unfortunate for us.

With that said the Broncos are in good hands going forward for this year with Teddy, it won't be spectacular it wont be awe inspiring but he will win us games and give us a shot at the playoffs. Still disappointing to see Lock not take the job.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Depends. Will we be using the 1st string O-Line in the regular season?
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      Depends. Will we be using the 1st string O-Line in the regular season?
      I know what ya mean, but unfortunately with this defense you have to go with the Veteran Field General who isn't going to put you in bad plays. Drew has way more upside but still has not put it together. We can't risk it and it's disappointing.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post

I know what ya mean, but unfortunately with this defense you have to go with the Veteran Field General who isn't going to put you in bad plays. Drew has way more upside but still has not put it together. We can't risk it and it's disappointing.
        I'm not ready to put Lock at #2 based on the Seattle game. He was insta-sacked behind back ups as soon as he went in. And he had no running game going on for the most part. It looked to me like once they adjusted and started calling small ball plays he did do better. He wasn't great, his throws were off the mark here and there, but he did make some good decisions and he did drive the team down the field on just his arm. I do like what Bridgewater did with a lot more starters on the field for us. I think if it does turn out to be Bridgewater for us then the Offense will function.

Comment

I just stole this from a different Broncos message board:

https://youtu.be/phoogdewjxU

Comment

Comment

I'm not ready to put Lock at #2 based on the Seattle game. He was insta-sacked behind back ups as soon as he went in. And he had no running game going on for the most part. It looked to me like once they adjusted and started calling small ball plays he did do better. He wasn't great, his throws were off the mark here and there, but he did make some good decisions and he did drive the team down the field on just his arm. I do like what Bridgewater did with a lot more starters on the field for us. I think if it does turn out to be Bridgewater for us then the Offense will function.
              I agree, clearly Bridgewater is the guy, for so many reasons. The Broncos know exactly who Drew is. Unless Fangio is forced to start Drew, I can't imagine seeing Lock in another Broncos game.

Comment

Wait wait when Teddy went in last week...he was playing with backups too. Not a starting line. Only thing is that Teddy got to play with the ones this week......where are all the people from last week after one preseason game that was ready to name Drew as the starter....my my my how things change in one week. Now when someone uses that same logic for Teddy here come the excuses for drew. SMALL BALL?? 80% of the people last week was saying how Drew can throw the deep ball....now you say when the called the small ball game Teddy did better???? Wow you can't make this stuff up.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I just stole this from a different Broncos message board:

https://youtu.be/phoogdewjxU

That dude is a Drew Lock homer....he has been trying to get Drew to come work with him and has videos out there saying "if he comes work with us I'll make Drew a pro bowler" blah blah blah.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Wait wait when Teddy went in last week...he was playing with backups too. Not a starting line. Only thing is that Teddy got to play with the ones this week......where are all the people from last week after one preseason game that was ready to name Drew as the starter....my my my how things change in one week. Now when someone uses that same logic for Teddy here come the excuses for drew. SMALL BALL?? 80% of the people last week was saying how Drew can throw the deep ball....now you say when the called the small ball game Teddy did better???? Wow you can't make this stuff up.

If you want to have a conversation with me, then respond to what I've stated. I'm not interested in your straw man 'people say' stuff. Other than that all of our O-Lineman across the depth chart had a better game against the Vikings than they did against the Seahawks.

Comment

If you want to have a conversation with me, then respond to what I've stated. I'm not interested in your straw man 'people say' stuff. Other than that all of our O-Lineman across the depth chart had a better game against the Vikings than they did against the Seahawks.
                      I stand corrected I miss read/ didn't read your entire post. My bad....see I admit when I'm wrong....I still feel my post has good points but misread it.

Comment

I stand corrected I miss read/ didn't read your entire post. My bad....see I admit when I'm wrong....I still feel my post has good points but misread it.
                        No biggie. I think the coaching staff is doing a disservice to both QB's by rolling back ups onto the field at the O-Line positions. We finally look like we have enough decent guys to put a starting unit out there but our depth is questionable at best. I think it's kind of crappy that whichever guy gets stuck behind the bad line is probably going to look worse. We don't have a QB that can make up for a weak O-Line and we aren't going to be getting one any time soon. I like what both guys were able to do behind the starters though. But I think Seattle played a lot better against our line than Minni and it showed.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. It's like some are suggesting some sort of "conspiracy" against Lock, while others are more than willing to relegate Bridgewater to the back of the bus after 2 good performances. I thought Lock looked, ...... half decent. EXACTLY like he looked last year. He's exactly the same guy. Bridgewater is a veteran who improves the Broncos chances. What more could you want?

Comment

If you think you have two, you probably have .....Teddy doesn't excite me, he won't be a long-term option here, and all this quarterback competition non-sense is a waste of time. Both guys will probably play this year, and we will be sub .500 again, with no hope for the future because no extended commitment or look was given to either guy. Quarterback competitions don't work, and we will see that is the case again come seasons end. Not impressed with the direction this coaching staff have taken with quarterback development, or preparation. I am excited for a few elements of this team, but the mishandling of this will prove to be Fangio's downfall in my opinion.

Comment

Interesting perspective but hardly unbiased.
                              Praising Lock for a missed pass where the coverage gets tighter and failing Teddy for hitting an open TE with a blocker in front.
                              My problem with Lock is that he does not seem to learn fast enough from his mistakes.
                              A main issue I have with both QBs are their abilities to win close games. Teddy with 49 starts has fewer GWDs than Tebow did in 14, and unlike Manning that did not have that many (percentage wise) GWDs because we were ahead, Teddy and Drew just looses those games. Teddy and Drew were the worst two QBs in the league on that front last year and it spells trouble.
                              Teddy does look like the best bet at this point, but it is not based on a situation as when Alex Smith lost out to Kaepernick or Mahomes.

Comment

Working...
                              X