No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater Named Starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have picked Lock but I understand going with Teddy.

Well, he's an incredibly likable dude and I don't think it will be hard to cheer for him. I just hope the checkdown doesn't become the theme of our season.

Comment

I've been wanting to get Teddy Bridgewater on this team for years. Super excited for this. I know that makes me a minority and a homer, but I am.

I am also super sad for Lock, who I felt did everything he should have and more and truly worked his butt off and improved in every feasible way, only to fall short by (hopefully) a resurgent Bridgewater who will silence all the doubters about his ceiling.

I had high hopes for Lock long term, I really did... and I'm going to continue to hang onto hope that either in trash time relief or injury relief, Lock gets a chance to come out and also prove some of his naysayers wrong as well. I really think both have upped their game, and with our supporting cast, should shine given their opportunities!
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

A lot of what fans are going to say is we should’ve drafted Fields if we had high chance of landing here. And maybe we should.

But one thing we have to consider is back in April there was 0 trade value for Lock. People think we should’ve taken fields and dumped Lock but what team in their right mind would give anything higher than 1 4th round pick for Lock? I was pulling for Lock but he’s not shown one reason for a team to throw anything high for him.

With that said congrats to Teddy for winning the job.
        sigpic

Comment

Glad my NFL Sunday Ticket is free this season or I would be cancelling after hearing this 'nothing to be excited about' news.

Average Teddy doing average things...whoop-dee-DO-DO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
            I would have picked Lock but I understand going with Teddy.

Well, he's an incredibly likable dude and I don't think it will be hard to cheer for him. I just hope the checkdown doesn't become the theme of our season.
            Hey not trying to start anything I promise but what is the whole checkdown thing? Brady drinks and dunks a lot and he wins so I think having the big arm is overrated. Now yes it's good to stretch the defense but you can win with that style of play. Manning couldn't stretch the field in his last year but he could read the d and got the ball out. I'm not saying Teddy is Brady or Manning but if he's safe with the football and can manufactor td drives who cares how we score?

Lock led the league in to's last year some of which costs us games he also win a few so let's say Teddy can cut that down by say half or fewer. We will be in games late. With the d we have going and run game to lean on we're a tough out. Now when it comes to shootout games that'll be tough but really only KC worries me when it comes to the division.
            Last edited by Broncoyearound; 08-25-2021, 11:28 AM.
            :go:

Comment

Not surprising, the writing was on the wall when they traded for Teddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Hey not trying to start anything I promise but what is the whole checkdown thing? Brady drinks and dunks a lot and he wins so I think having the big arm is overrated. Now yes it's good to stretch the defense but you can win with that style of play. Manning couldn't stretch the field in his last year but he could read the d and got the ball out. I'm not saying Teddy is Brady or Manning but if he's safe with the football and can manufactor td drives who cares how we score?

Lock led the league in to's last year some of which costs us games he also win a few so let's say Teddy can cut that down by say half or fewer. We will be in games late. With With d we going and run game to lean on we're a tough out. Now when it comes to shootout games that'll be tough but really only KC worries me when it comes to the division.
                No worries. I agree there's nothing wrong with checking down if it's the right decision. I live in Charlotte and was kind of force-fed the Panthers last year so I watched all of their games. It was a lot of checking down without a lot of winning. But that being said, the Panthers had a bad OL, no CMC, no TE.. so my hope is his checkdown habits last year were more out of necessity and not an unwillingness to take shots.

Comment

I think this is the worst case scenario. Best case with Teddy is we sneak in as a wildcard which would be a welcome change from all the losing but he’s not the guy to get you over the hump. Worst case with Teddy is he stumbles around the mid point of the season and gets benched for Lock and we end up falling just short of the playoffs. Even if Lock comes out and looks amazing, how will the FO know if it’s just fools gold or not?

Either way we’re probably stuck in good but not good enough/bad but not bad enough territory for the next few seasons.

Hopefully Teddy can come out and prove me wrong. He definitely has the talent around him to make some noise. He did have nearly 3 1K yard WRs last season so he knows how to get guys involved. Gordon/Williams and the defense are much better than what he had in Carolina.

Comment

No worries. I agree there's nothing wrong with checking down if it's the right decision. I live in Charlotte and was kind of force-fed the Panthers last year so I watched all of their games. It was a lot of checking down without a lot of winning. But that being said, the Panthers had a bad OL, no CMC, no TE.. so my hope is his checkdown habits last year were more out of necessity and not an unwillingness to take shots.
                    As a Teddy fan from College... I've been saying that Carolina was a horrible fit from the moment he went there, and I'm really hoping to see Teddy finally get rid of this stigma about him this year!

If I'm wrong and he ends up being a liability, I think Drew will keep up the hard work and will be prepared to come in and show that he's grown as well!
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

His starts with the Saints were no different. But they had the talent to win like that and they did, hopefully it’ll be the same for us.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          I think this is the worst case scenario. Best case with Teddy is we sneak in as a wildcard which would be a welcome change from all the losing but he’s not the guy to get you over the hump. Worst case with Teddy is he stumbles around the mid point of the season and gets benched for Lock and we end up falling just short of the playoffs. Even if Lock comes out and looks amazing, how will the FO know if it’s just fools gold or not?

Either way we’re probably stuck in good but not good enough/bad but not bad enough territory for the next few seasons.

Hopefully Teddy can come out and prove me wrong. He definitely has the talent around him to make some noise. He did have nearly 3 1K yard WRs last season so he knows how to get guys involved. Gordon/Williams and the defense are much better than what he had in Carolina.
                          That was essentially my point. If Teddy does ok but flounders and Lock doesn’t replace him until week 9-10 like with Flacco two years ago what do we actually learn about him ahead of the draft?

Some will say they’ve seen enough but have we really? I just think it made more sense to see what Lock could do at the beginning.

Maybe Teddy stuns us and goes 9-0 with a stellar D and we laugh about this in 3 months. But my guess is more along the 4-5, 5,4 line and they aren’t ready to pull the plug yet on Teddy and then we learn nothing on Lock in year 3.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think with the talent we have Bridge will be efficient. I don't mean to harp to the saints but he did well in Drew's absence so much so that it got him a chance in Carolina. I feel we have the talent like NO that Bridgewater can win with. This is interesting but I wonder how short the leash is.
                            Last edited by Broncoyearound; 08-25-2021, 11:34 AM.
                            :go:

Comment

Not my preference, but I’ll support TB 1000%. I hope he succeeds and gets us into the playoffs (which I think this team can do).
                              sigpic
                              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

His starts with the Saints were no different. But they had the talent to win like that and they did, hopefully it’ll be the same for us.
                                Yeah.. I'd be a lot more confident the Panthers year was a fluke if not for the Saints data points. To be fair though like you said they won, and I'd argue our team is super talented, if not maybe a little too young.

Comment

Working...
                                X