No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater Named Starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, anyone who thinks Covid protocols didn't impact the season last year is a moron. Or just dishonest.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• This is a Teddy thread, so let me start there. I don't think anyone is claiming that Bridgewater will be great, maybe just solid dependable player. He won't win may games where we are outplayed, and conversely, won't lose many that we will mostly dominate. Is that enough for now? Probably yes.

Lock, as much as I like the potential, is not ready. Every club passed him up in the first round, so let's not pretend he has Franchise potential... he's another project who has the tools but hasn't put it together yet. Chances are he never will.
      I'm all in favour of giving time for players to develop but Locks ceiling is not so high. Top 15 maybe.

We roll with Teddy and see what kind of a squad we really have.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
        This is a Teddy thread, so let me start there. I don't think anyone is claiming that Bridgewater will be great, maybe just solid dependable player. He won't win may games where we are outplayed, and conversely, won't lose many that we will mostly dominate. Is that enough for now? Probably yes.

Lock, as much as I like the potential, is not ready. Every club passed him up in the first round, so let's not pretend he has Franchise potential... he's another project who has the tools but hasn't put it together yet. Chances are he never will.
        I'm all in favour of giving time for players to develop but Locks ceiling is not so high. Top 15 maybe.

I think Teddy is going to be OK. Ignoring those two God awful first drives, he's Steady Teddy and that will work for our Offense. I think Lock's ceiling is Cutler but with a pulse and, maybe later, a brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          Yeah, anyone who thinks Covid protocols didn't impact the season last year is a moron. Or just dishonest.
          I'll be that...I 10000 am that person....just another person making an excuse for look...how did borrow and Justin do?
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Yeah, anyone who thinks Covid protocols didn't impact the season last year is a moron. Or just dishonest.
            It's using covid as an excuse for Lock's poor play that people aren't buying.

Covid wasn't responsible for Drew's poor progression reads, his poor pocket awareness, his footwork, his decision making and his tendency for turnovers. They've been issues for him going back to college. And he hasn't shown much, if any, improvement.

Yes, covid impacted the season.... for everyone.

Yet a guy like Justin Herbert came in as a rookie, during covid, and threw for over 4000 yards, 31 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions. It's that there's a difference between a good QB and a guy who is probably nothing more than a low end starter or backup QB....and covid has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Drew is benched!
              (We can now move forward)

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

It's using covid as an excuse for Lock's poor play that people aren't buying.

Covid wasn't responsible for Drew's poor progression reads, his poor pocket awareness, his footwork, his decision making and his tendency for turnovers. They've been issues for him going back to college. And he hasn't shown much, if any, improvement.

Yes, covid impacted the season.... for everyone.

Yet a guy like Justin Herbert came in as a rookie, during covid, and threw for over 4000 yards, 31 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions. It's that there's a difference between a good QB and a guy who is probably nothing more than a low end starter or backup QB....and covid has nothing to do with it.
                My dude please preach it. I hear covid soooo much.....sounds like a broken record.

Hell TB, DL along with 30 other teams, some with rookie qbs dealt with covid too. Leg it go bruh.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Bridgewater is the starter because his pocket awareness is better and he's less likely to put the ball in harm's way.

It's Drew's fault he's not the starter.... he's been given a good supporting cast on offense and every opportunity to improve and keep the job. He didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    Drew is benched!
                    (We can now move forward)

Yes I agree 10000%....but unfortunately this will go on ALL year long. Every bad throw, incomplete, sack, loss. The lock should be starter is gonna happen.

Comment

Not really...

Elway only started 12 games in 1998 due to fatigue and injury. Threw for a total of 2800 yards.

If you want to talk about dink and dunk broncos Super Bowl Winners in modern day football

Super Bowl Stats

John Elway 1997 10-22 123yds 0/1int

Peyton Manning 2015 13-23 141yds 0/1int

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Mahomes threw for 5000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his 2nd season after sitting on the bench his 1st season. Those are Manning/Brady numbers. Mahomes is already a great QB who the Broncos will be facing twice a year, for a long, long time.

And frankly, lock couldn't carry Mahomes jock in a million years.
                        Good to see not all Bronco fans are delusional.

Casual fans seem to insist Drew Lock is capable of throwing a football like Mahomes. No. not even close.

This is coming from a guy, me, who wanted Drew Lock to win the starting qb role.

I wanted Lock to win the job because he's aggressive when he throws, and Teddy is more passive.

I'd rather watch the Broncos fail miserably with Drew Lock then watch another mediocre season with another journey-man qb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                          This is a Teddy thread, so let me start there. I don't think anyone is claiming that Bridgewater will be great, maybe just solid dependable player. He won't win may games where we are outplayed, and conversely, won't lose many that we will mostly dominate. Is that enough for now? Probably yes.

Everybody passed on Brady for five entire rounds.

Lock may not be a great quarterback, but he has apparently improved on many of his weaknesses. It’s a shame we won’t get to see what that means for the Broncos. Instead we are hoping that an 8 year veteran is going to all of a sudden be something he’s never been. I suppose it could happen.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Elway only started 12 games in 1998 due to fatigue and injury. Threw for a total of 2800 yards.

If you want to talk about dink and dunk broncos Super Bowl Winners in modern day football

Super Bowl Stats

John Elway 1997 10-22 123yds 0/1int

Peyton Manning 2015 13-23 141yds 0/1int

Right. Not his (Elway's) last game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I'll be that...I 10000 am that person....just another person making an excuse for look...how did borrow and Justin do?
                              I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Hey, the Broncos played a game last night. Did you ever get around to watching it?

Comment

• I wish people would stop acting as though everyone is affected the same way by the same common circumstance.

Just because some teams/players were able to thrive despite COVID, it doesn’t mean all should have been able to do so. Team/player specific circumstances may have made that difficult.

Lock was learning a new offense along with the other players around him.

Herbert was learning a new offense with players that already knew the offense and could help him.

I think Drew may have lost the job because Shurmur doesn’t want to adjust his scheme to the players. Lock is clearly the more physically talented player. Teddy might just fit the scheme better. If that’s the case, they should trade Drew sooner rather than later.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X