No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater Named Starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy seems very comfortable here in Denver. I don't know how he felt elsewhere, but just based on what I see through the telecast is a guy who looks like he's been here for multiple seasons. His team mates are behind him, and he looks happy to be here. I don't know about you guys but there is a calmness that his presence give ME.

I don't know the details of why Lock didn't beat out Teddy but it seems to me with Teddy in there, the Broncos can be a much more sophisticated offense tactically. We're not just dependent on raw talent but ..... the coaches can take advantage of x's and o's. Hopefully for Lock he can learn from this all and be that learned QB who has the arm talent and balls to go with it. Like I say tho, I don't know if that was Lock's deficiency...... what else could it be tho?

Anyhow, Vic going for it on 4th and 7 in the 1st Q ..... granted in that FG gray area...... still ....... anything but conservative. Teddy stood in there and converted and I was impressed. That wasn't the only 4th down converted either. And I think they were just over 50% on 3rd downs. I'm watching the gamepass replay right now.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      Teddy seems very comfortable here in Denver. I don't know how he felt elsewhere, but just based on what I see through the telecast is a guy who looks like he's been here for multiple seasons. His team mates are behind him, and he looks happy to be here. I don't know about you guys but there is a calmness that his presence give ME.

I don't know the details of why Lock didn't beat out Teddy but it seems to me with Teddy in there, the Broncos can be a much more sophisticated offense tactically. We're not just dependent on raw talent but ..... the coaches can take advantage of x's and o's. Hopefully for Lock he can learn from this all and be that learned QB who has the arm talent and balls to go with it. Like I say tho, I don't know if that was Lock's deficiency...... what else could it be tho?

Anyhow, Vic going for it on 4th and 7 in the 1st Q ..... granted in that FG gray area...... still ....... anything but conservative. Teddy stood in there and converted and I was impressed. That wasn't the only 4th down converted either. And I think they were just over 50% on 3rd downs. I'm watching the gamepass replay right now.
      You're not wrong. Look up Teddy Bridgewater and Jon Gruden. The tape was before Teddy was drafted and Jon looks like he's in heaven.

Comment

• 3-3 4th down
        7-15 Third down

One of the most impressive stats

35:08 time of possession
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Is it Craig Morton all over again?
          Marlin Briscoe?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I thought it was interesting on a couple of the first failed 3rd down conversion attempts, the choice was to throw DEEP. I wonder how that effected the defense later in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              Teddy seems very comfortable here in Denver. I don't know how he felt elsewhere, but just based on what I see through the telecast is a guy who looks like he's been here for multiple seasons. His team mates are behind him, and he looks happy to be here. I don't know about you guys but there is a calmness that his presence give ME.

Said it during preseason that the team seems more fit to have Teddy at the helm. It's like when Tebow was around, no he wasn't a good QB, but everybody played better, he inspired players and the team had a swag...confidence. Rn with TB they seem to have swag, confidence. They want to play with TB as their QB, and I honestly think the coaches noticed it. Maybe in practice they saw the team's chemistry was better with TB.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• According to Andrew Mason, “Teddy Bridgewater’s completion percentage of 77.8 percent today was the 2nd-highest for a Broncos starting QB in the regular-season opener and the best in Week 1 since John Elway went 36-of-46 (78.3 percent) against the Chargers to open the 1994 season.”

Teddy faced a solid, top ten scori defense from last year, in their house, in their home opener, against a healthy and well-prepared defense.

if DEN gets something close to 2015 Teddy… this could be a Wild Card kind of ride

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  According to Andrew Mason, “Teddy Bridgewater’s completion percentage of 77.8 percent today was the 2nd-highest for a Broncos starting QB in the regular-season opener and the best in Week 1 since John Elway went 36-of-46 (78.3 percent) against the Chargers to open the 1994 season.”

Teddy faced a solid, top ten scori defense from last year, in their house, in their home opener, against a healthy and well-prepared defense.

if DEN gets something close to 2015 Teddy… this could be a Wild Card kind of ride
                  2015 teddy sucked, I hope he's a lot better than that. 14 tds 9 int over a season? That pretty pedestrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

2015 teddy sucked, I hope he's a lot better than that. 14 tds 9 int over a season? That pretty pedestrian
                    September 12th 2021 Teddy played his heart out for us and got us a win even though the opponent shut down our run game. And that's pretty awesome. Enjoy the win. I will.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      According to Andrew Mason, “Teddy Bridgewater’s completion percentage of 77.8 percent today was the 2nd-highest for a Broncos starting QB in the regular-season opener and the best in Week 1 since John Elway went 36-of-46 (78.3 percent) against the Chargers to open the 1994 season.”

I wonder if we'll ever see another 7TD performance in a season opener like Peyton Manning did

Comment

• People should be ecstatic. This is the first September win in 3 years. The Giants defense was no slouch, and of the starting 3 games, I thought this one would be the hardest.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          People should be ecstatic. This is the first September win in 3 years. The Giants defense was no slouch, and of the starting 3 games, I thought this one would be the hardest.
                          Yeah I heard that. We also have had a lot of trouble winning on the east coast in recent seasons no matter what time of year so, not bad

Comment

• A win is a win, I’ll take it!

Bridgewater did some nice things. Solid game management and made critical plays when needed.

But he is exactly what I expected and what he has always been. His ability to not make strong throws to the sidelines and deep gives defensive players time to recover and defenses to play him accordingly. Two examples of this are throw to a wide open Fant that was 5 yards under thrown and the flutter ball he threw to Hamler. That ball needs to be caught but it was a horrible under throw that wobbled and drifted. As a former WR, I can attest to just how tough a catch that is to make.

Despite his limitations, he had a solid game and a win. As someone mentioned the players seem to rally around him. That is enough for me at this point. Hopefully next game they can get a bit more consistent rushing game going and some more creative play calling.

On to the Jags and another win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

It mostly sounds like excuses. There were a lot of people excited for Orton when we went 6-0 and had a few good games. A lot of people made excuses for Orton too.

People were excited for Trevor Siemian too after his 3 or 4 td game against the cowboys. All these qbs are journeyman qbs. Maybe we will try out nick foles or cam Newton next year.

So fed up with denver qbs
                              Excuses and reasons are the same thing, it just depends on the person who sees them.

The only excuse though would be for why things didn’t work in Carolina. Everything else is accurate. Bridgewater was the ROY his first season and 6-6, then he led Minnesota to the playoffs, in New York he outplayed Sam Darnold (you aren’t getting a 3rd round pick for a QB who suffered a catastrophic knee injury and then bombs a few preseason games otherwise), and then he was 5-1 in New Orleans.

Teddy has been a winner everywhere except Carolina. From Louisville to New Orleans. So I find myself trying to figure out why he failed in Carolina. I don’t blame the injuries or a poor defense, he went 6-6 as a rookie without Adrian Peterson and nothing else on the offense, he’s shown that he can win without much talent around him. It’s easy to say so and so isn’t any good, it’s a lot harder to pinpoint exactly why they aren’t good.

To go off on a tangent and bring up another QB who I think is somewhat similar, why hasn’t Derek Carr’s career really taken off? At one point he was in the MVP race, but his career has stalled out and gone a bit in reverse and for the most part it’s been a run on coaches trying to make him something that he isn’t. Carr seemed to be a lot closer last year than he has been in a long time and part of that to me was Gruden coming to terms with the fact that Carr just isn’t going to stretch the field as often as he’d like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                A win is a win, I’ll take it!

Bridgewater did some nice things. Solid game management and made critical plays when needed.

But he is exactly what I expected and what he has always been. His ability to not make strong throws to the sidelines and deep gives defensive players time to recover and defenses to play him accordingly. Two examples of this are throw to a wide open Fant that was 5 yards under thrown and the flutter ball he threw to Hamler. That ball needs to be caught but it was a horrible under throw that wobbled and drifted. As a former WR, I can attest to just how tough a catch that is to make.

Despite his limitations, he had a solid game and a win. As someone mentioned the players seem to rally around him. That is enough for me at this point. Hopefully next game they can get a bit more consistent rushing game going and some more creative play calling.

On to the Jags and another win!
                                Whether it was an under throw or not, when you’re that open in the end zone, the QB isn’t going to lead you much further if at all. But KJ will adjust and start to make those catches, he had some real nice 3rd down conversions today.

Comment

Working...
                                X