No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater Named Starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than that, though, Bridgewater is showing that he has the mental skills to be a competent NFL QB. He's making Shurmur's Offense work. And although our O-Line is better than it has been in years it's not a great O-Line and it isn't dominating to the point of making Bridgewater's job easy. Teddy is doing this with average-ish pass pro and a running game that has been somewhat stymied. It's a long season and anything can happen. But I'm excited to watch our Offense take the field. I'm enjoying watching them play.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Don’t know if I agree with everything in the article, especially how it would work out to have him be the QB of the Broncos after this year, but a good read nonetheless pertinent to our discussion.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/d...ce-with-denver
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I don't think it's that some don't like Teddy. He's a likeable guy and I know we all want him to be successful. I think it's that some are getting carried away and kind of over rating him based on two solid performances against bad Giants and Jaguars teams. His career has been average at best so far. So, forgive those who aren't buying the hype just yet.

The fact that he's probably the best QB we've had since Manning isn't saying a lot, considering what who we've had.

The point is we've been down the road of stop gap quarterbacks for years, because we've been just as poor at drafting and developing quarterbacks, and it hasn't worked. So, until he plays well against better teams and we start winning games against the likes of the Chiefs (whom we've lost to 11 straight times, which is unacceptable), Ravens, Steelers, etc., you can't fault those who their reservations.

We all want him to be successful and to win those games. And in a few weeks, we'll get our answers.
        This is a great example of a straw man fallacy, creating an argument when none exists. No one here is getting carried away with Teddy or "hyping" him. Instead, they say something reasonable and based on facts and not projections, and you feel a constant need to "correct" someone else that you pretend said something.

And even if someone did get overly-excited over Teddy? Unless they are betting amounts of money they can't afford to lose because of it, so what?

Comment

• My biggest grip with Bridgewater is I have not seen one play he has audibled out of or changed the protection. That's my biggest gripe. Other than that so far so good. I want to see what he does against elite defenses and if he can keep it up. He was passed on by teams for a reason.
          Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post
            My biggest grip with Bridgewater is I have not seen one play he has audibled out of or changed the protection. That's my biggest gripe. Other than that so far so good. I want to see what he does against elite defenses and if he can keep it up. He was passed on by teams for a reason.
            The coaches have talked about there being offensive audibles in the games. Not sure if they were Teddy initiated (what I think you looking for) or game plan audibles but I do think we have seen more audibles then we would have with any other legit QB option we had this year.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I personally am excited about the challenge coming up. Teddy was never my pick for Qb but once named starter he is my qb!

I want to see what happens when we get down by 2 scores because it is probably going to happen sooner rather than later. Wish Teddy had all the weapons and our OL was healthy but that is the NFL.

Big question soon to be answered....when Broncos down by 2 scores what will Teddy do?

I hope we all celebrating a win when that happens!
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Cool lol story I just read. Not sure how true it is.
                Was posted by J.Simmons on social media.
                But apparently he enjoys praying at the 50 after games.

He was doing an interview after the game and thought he has missed it. He turned and looked towards the 50, and Teddy was there waiting for em saying " J, I know how much this means to ya, so were all waiting for ya " or something along those lines.

Teddy might be single handedly turned these guys into a team. God bless teddy
                :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

• Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                  Cool lol story I just read. Not sure how true it is.
                  Was posted by J.Simmons on social media.
                  But apparently he enjoys praying at the 50 after games.

He was doing an interview after the game and thought he has missed it. He turned and looked towards the 50, and Teddy was there waiting for em saying " J, I know how much this means to ya, so were all waiting for ya " or something along those lines.

Teddy might be single handedly turned these guys into a team. God bless teddy
                  https://twitter.com/Romi_Bean/status...56273917308942
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic
                  Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Thanks for posting it.
                    :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

• Good stuff here for the film heads.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/fi...ut-bridgewater
                      https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        Good stuff here for the film heads.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/fi...ut-bridgewater
                        WoW Great Read TY !!

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                          2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                            There is a test mid week that is important. It dictates what happens.

Really want Teddy back but honestly against the Steelers with this OC I hope he sits out another week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Really want Teddy back but honestly against the Steelers with this OC I hope he sits out another week.
                              for real. Damn the record, Steelers are another physical bully mentality team like the Ravens and I don't think we fare well against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I also don't believe that it's possible to fully recover match fitness from a concussion in just a week, whether Teddy passes all of the tests or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X