Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut
    replied
    Thread cleaned. 70 posts deleted. So if you're missing some, that's what happened.

Thread is about TB, not DW.

Insults, no matter how "subtle" or "generalized", are getting old.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede

There are 4 reasons our offense sucks.

1) OL is a seive. No QB can be consistent when they are pressured on 3/4 of their passes.

2) Shurmer sucks.

3) Our QB's suck for different reasons. Lock is considerably more gifted than Teddy is, has the swagger, and ability (at times, rarely though) to elevate his play and come up with something big. Teddy is none of that, but he will complete a lot more passes because he isnt anywhere near as wildly inconsistent with his accuracy that Drew is. In the end, neither QB is all that good.

4 Shurmer sucks
    Yes, the OL stinks in pass pro. This goes back to offensive game planning and play calling. Run the freaking ball! Mix it up, don't be so predictable, we should be protecting our weakness along the offensive line - like when we had 2 rookies starting. Run the freaking ball to protect their weakness!

Don't get me wrong, Bridgewater isn't a pro bowl caliber QB, I just don't think he's terrible. He's serviceable, like a used Toyota, the elite teams have Jaguars and BMWs. At a certain level, if you don't have the guy at QB it doesn't matter if he's playing fine or not, he just isn't the guy, and I don't believe Bridgewater is the guy.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I'm glad you're optimistic, I wish I could get there. If we had to play those 3 games again I think we go 0-3. Those coaches have lost the locker room and now the injuries are piling up.
    This. One can see it if they just open their eyes. The second the other team gets a lead, the team throws in the towel. As Elway once famously put it.....there is no fight in this team. I personally, blame the coaches. I wondered last thursday if the guys mailed it in on the field, maybe they want the coaches gone as bad as the fans do. You will never hear any of them say that though.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK

Well Bradley Roby was not to flattering about DW when interviewed by Talib.
    The reason the league has not punished him YET is that his many cases are in discovery and DW is not playing.
    As for Ray Lewis I assume that it is the accusation of being involved in a murder case - in which he was acquitted. In that case I don't see the point.
    As for Big Ben it is pretty hard to accuse someone of rape when the supposed victim first said that she had not been raped, said that she did not know if they had sex, later accused BB of rape, had a rape kit administered that found no evidence of her havins sex with BB.
    The rest I have no knowledge of what they are alleged to have done.
    Dude, if we're really trying to rationalize trading for Watson by pointing out previous murderers and rapists (allegedly) that played in the NFL then that's pretty sad.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied

I'm glad you're optimistic, I wish I could get there. If we had to play those 3 games again I think we go 0-3. Those coaches have lost the locker room and now the injuries are piling up. I don't see any improvement coming.
    ​​​​​​
    I can't find 3 more wins on the schedule.
    This looks like a 6-11 team to me, just based on the fact that we've seen this type of thing with Vic before. In 2019 and last year, there were weeks where it looked like we couldn't beat any team in the NFL, but then out of the blue we would put together a win here and there. I don't think we could have beat Houston the last 2 weeks.

I think we'll probably win a game or two unexpectedly and go 6-11. That's about the extent of my "optimism". If that's optimism around here, that's pretty sad...lol

If we go 6-11 Bridgewater is probably gone (he's on a one year deal costing us next to nothing anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

I'm glad you're optimistic, I wish I could get there. If we had to play those 3 games again I think we go 0-3. Those coaches have lost the locker room and now the injuries are piling up. I don't see any improvement coming.
    ​​​​​​
    I believe some fans are too optimistic about beating Washington and Detroit. Those teams have poor records however they play harder.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

It seems like those first 3 games were a mirage, however at the time those coaches didn't deserve criticism when they were 3-0. After a 4 game losing streak, looking as bad as we have, criticism is absolutely warranted.

I've just seen enough of Shurmur to know I just don't like him as a playcaller. I also think Vic doesn't have the vision of what he wants on offense, and so he just defers to Shurmur. We'll see if it improves, and I think it will since these are veteran coaches. Just feels like we're at a low point as a team right now.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied

And furthermore, where was all this criticism of the coaching when we were beating the directional schools at the first of our schedule. You had pat Shurmur on the podium nearly crying about how the players get all the accolade for making the coaches look good?

Two things can be true at once.
    It seems like those first 3 games were a mirage, however at the time those coaches didn't deserve criticism when they were 3-0. After a 4 game losing streak, looking as bad as we have, criticism is absolutely warranted.

I've just seen enough of Shurmur to know I just don't like him as a playcaller. I also think Vic doesn't have the vision of what he wants on offense, and so he just defers to Shurmur. We'll see if it improves, and I think it will since these are veteran coaches. Just feels like we're at a low point as a team right now.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

Exponentially? I don't know about that. Marginally better - I would agree with that. Don't get me wrong, Tannehill is probably at least 1 or 2 tiers above Bridgewater, however, I'm not so sure how much better the Broncos would be if we had Tannehill and TEN had Bridgewater. I really don't think you'd see a difference in the records of both teams with that scenario than we see now.

Unfortunately, I think if Tannehill was here, he would be struggling right now. Maybe I'm just too down on our coaching staff right now, but I dont have confidence in them.
    And furthermore, where was all this criticism of the coaching when we were beating the directional schools at the first of our schedule. You had pat Shurmur on the podium nearly crying about how the players get all the accolade for making the coaches look good?

Two things can be true at once.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

Exponentially? I don't know about that. Marginally better - I would agree with that. Don't get me wrong, Tannehill is probably at least 1 or 2 tiers above Bridgewater, however, I'm not so sure how much better the Broncos would be if we had Tannehill and TEN had Bridgewater. I really don't think you'd see a difference in the records of both teams with that scenario than we see now.

Unfortunately, I think if Tannehill was here, he would be struggling right now. Maybe I'm just too down on our coaching staff right now, but I dont have confidence in them.
    Tannehill is exponentially better.

Hes exponentially a better scorer, exponentially a better scrambler, passer, leader...

There are 3 tiers of starting QBs. T1 mahomes, Brady, Jackson. Tannehill is probably top of T2.
    Bridgewater isn't in a tier. He's a high level backup

Bad coaching isn't gonna stop him from throwing off his backfoot, underthrowing or out right missing open receivers, being allergic to the first down marker....

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied

Tannehill is exponentially better than Bridgewater.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    I actually like Bridgewater and don't think he's to blame for our offensive struggles. Our play calling is terrible - that's the reason we stink.

I was watching the TEN-KC game yesterday and was watching TEN's playcalling in awe. Not completely predictable based on down and distance, with a good run/pass mix and play action at the right times. Shurmur just plain stinks as a play caller.
    Tannehill is exponentially better than Bridgewater.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    I actually like Bridgewater and don't think he's to blame for our offensive struggles. Our play calling is terrible - that's the reason we stink.

I was watching the TEN-KC game yesterday and was watching TEN's playcalling in awe. Not completely predictable based on down and distance, with a good run/pass mix and play action at the right times. Shurmur just plain stinks as a play caller.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by PA_Broncos_Fan View Post

Wentz is better than any QB we’ve had since Manning.
    True, and it’s not even close.

Leave a comment:

• PA_Broncos_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Wentz LoL 😂.
    Wentz is better than any QB we’ve had since Manning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X