• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TB:
    2-5

Lock:
    8-2

10-7

While that is what I predict, I hope it's more like 13-4 and TB starts the whole season and dominates. I just don't see it though.
    sigpic
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by sra84

We play in a good division and all 3 of our rivals have a better QB and the rest of our roster is not significantly better than theirs.

The AFC is loaded with good teams. Chiefs, Bills, Titans, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Browns are all playoff teams from last year.

The Dolphins, Chargers and Raiders are definitely in the mix for the wild card spots and we went 2-3 against them combined last year.
      ​​​​
      Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Bengals, Lions are probably the only games we have a better team without question. Washington and Philadelphia are toss ups. Maybe Dallas too depending on how Dak fares.

I don't think those of us who don't see a winning record, given the track record of this team recently, are the ones who are out of our minds.
      Alright, I get what you're saying. Do you think that we would have a better record with Drew as a starter? And if so, why?

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I’m going to go with 9-8. Finally a winning season for the first time since 2016 but not good enough to make the playoffs and Fangio is shown the door.
        This is kinda what I was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by NDbroncos701 View Post

Alright, I get what you're saying. Do you think that we would have a better record with Drew as a starter? And if so, why?
          No, I don't. I don't think this team will have a winning record with either Lock or Bridgewater. Both offer nothing but average at best quarterback play.

I was never a fan of Lock, even when he was coming out of college. It was a huge relief when we didn't draft him in the first round in 2019. I never saw him as a potential franchise QB. And Bridgewater, even at his best, was nothing more than a decent game manager. He may not lose you games but he'll never win you games.

To me, despite how good this team looks on paper, the QB's we have will continue to hold us back.

Additionally, Fangio hasn't exactly been a good head coach. He's cost us games with his poor time management. And don't get me started on Shurmur. That and mediocre QB play doesn't spell success in the NFL.

Comment

We also have serious questions at right tackle and inside linebacker. Von and Sutton are coming off injuries. Can Cushenberry progress at center? Will Meinerz take over at some point?

Look, I think we have a solid roster. But I think there are some serious concerns that some may be overlooking.

Comment

If I'm wrong and this team wins more and gets to the playoffs, I'll admit I was wrong. And I want to be wrong this time.... I miss winning football and playoff games which includes the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

No, I don't. I don't think this team will have a winning record with either Lock or Bridgewater. Both offer nothing but average at best quarterback play.

I was never a fan of Lock, even when he was coming out of college. It was a huge relief when we didn't draft him in the first round in 2019. I never saw him as a potential franchise QB. And Bridgewater, even at his best, was nothing more than a decent game manager. He may not lose you games but he'll never win you games.

To me, despite how good this team looks on paper, the QB's we have will continue to hold us back.

Additionally, Fangio hasn't exactly been a good head coach. He's cost us games with his poor time management. And don't get me started on Shurmur. That and mediocre QB play doesn't spell success in the NFL.
                I appreciate your response! I agree with you, I was not high on Lock at all, at any point of his career. And I also wont get started on Shurmur lol. I'm very optimistic with TB. I do think he will win us some games and I feel like our defense will win us some. Do I think that Teddy is our QB of the future? No, but I do think he can come in and make it hard for the organization to let him go. We have all of the pieces on offense to make it easy for a QB that can read a defense and weather the pressure storm. And on paper our Defense should be able to keep us in all of the games.

Comment

(WIN) Week 1 @New York Giants
                  (WIN) Week 2 @Jacksonville
                  (WIN) Week 3 vs New York Jets
                  (LOSS) Week 4 vs Baltimore
                  (LOSS) Week 5 @Pittsburgh
                  (WIN) Week 6 vs Las Vegas
                  (WIN) Week 7 @Cleveland
                  (WIN) Week 8 vs Washington
                  (WIN) Week 9 @Dallas
                  (WIN) Week 10 vs Philadelphia
                  Week 11 BYE WEEK
                  (WIN) Week 12 vs Los Angeles
                  (LOSS) Week 13 Kansas City
                  (WIN) Week 14 vs Detroit
                  (WIN) Week 15 vs Cincinnati
                  (LOSS) Week 16 @Las Vegas
                  (LOSS) Week 17 @Los Angeles
                  (LOSS) Week 18 vs Kansas City

11-6 and a wild card, while backing into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by NDbroncos701 View Post

I appreciate your response! I agree with you, I was not high on Lock at all, at any point of his career. And I also wont get started on Shurmur lol. I'm very optimistic with TB. I do think he will win us some games and I feel like our defense will win us some. Do I think that Teddy is our QB of the future? No, but I do think he can come in and make it hard for the organization to let him go. We have all of the pieces on offense to make it easy for a QB that can read a defense and weather the pressure storm. And on paper our Defense should be able to keep us in all of the games.
                    Believe me, I want Teddy to succeed.... I just need to see it happen.

Here's to hoping it does.

​​​​​​

Comment

8-9 ....last place in the division if Teddy starts every game.

Playoffs?!?! LOL I don't think so. Not in the AFC West.

Not sure what 2022 will bring after another failure of a season and mediocre QB play, but I can imagine Teddy getting a huge contract to stay with the Broncos, and the reasoning being they almost won half their games, which showed improvement. Lock will be traded for a 7th round pick and a bag of Doritos.
                      Last edited by Narco; 08-26-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

If I'm wrong and this team wins more and gets to the playoffs, I'll admit I was wrong. And I want to be wrong this time.... I miss winning football and playoff games which includes the Broncos.
                        Yeah buddy!!! Love the attitude!! You hotta be true to what you believe but hope your wrong for the betterment of your team

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Yeah buddy!!! Love the attitude!! You hotta be true to what you believe but hope your wrong for the betterment of your team
                          I'll toast to that....

I've always believed you stick to your convictions until you're either proven right or wrong... and if you're wrong, own it.

No shame in it.... everyone is going to be wrong sometimes.

Comment

I'll toast to that....

I've always believed you stick to your convictions until you're either proven right or wrong... and if you're wrong, own it.

No shame in it.... everyone is going to be wrong sometimes.
                            Love it! I enjoy hearing others that think like me, but I get more from those that don't because they make me question my thinking and I either am more confident or I change my view.

At the end of the day we all love this team!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                              8-9 ....last place in the division if Teddy starts every game.

Playoffs?!?! LOL I don't think so. Not in the AFC West.

Not sure what 2022 will bring after another failure of a season and mediocre QB play, but I can imagine Teddy getting a huge contract to stay with the Broncos, and the reasoning being they almost won half their games, which showed improvement. Lock will be traded for a 7th round pick and a bag of Doritos.
                              What flavor Doritos though?
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

9-8

No

10 char
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X