Predicting Our Record!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    Not so long now till we find out. Giants game will be a wake up call. Let's see whose ready to answer the bell. I'd be happy with any kind of W, even 6-3 and take it from there. No need to peak too early... lol.
    I think our defense should be able to handle the Giants offense, especially, since Saquon may not play, or if he does, he'll likely not be 100% and may play limited snaps. And their offensive line is still suspect.

The Giants defense can be sneaky good so I'm interested to see Bridgewater go against a real defense. Leonard Williams is a beast so our interior offensive line needs to be sharp. And Giants have some good defensive backs. Their linebackers may not be household names but last year they played fairly well.

And special teams needs to clean up their coverages.

2 weeks to go!

Comment

7-10 Our QB play is nowhere near good enough. Unfortunately, it probably won't be bad enough for it to get much better any time soon. Fields was our shot, and Paton blew it.
      Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I’m very confused by your post.

1. If Lock takes over in week 6 how is TB getting to 4-4 to start the season.
        2. If Lock is taking over in week 6 how do you only have him going 8-2? That would have the season ending in week 15 and there are now 18 weeks.
        3. You have our final record at 12-6 but they only play 17 games.
        Makes me wonder.....the person with the most likes so far (I could be wrong but accuracy does not seem to matter) has us playing 18 regular season games, and seems to miscalculate how many games each QB plays in....????

Hmmm....then I guess I see us going 19 wins during the season, and Lock takes over in week 3 and wins 20 of those games!!

That should be popular around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Both QBs had QB ratings in the 130s this preseason and the D didn’t allow a TD. Not saying that will continue into the regular season, but if we can get that in half our games this year, we’ll be competitive.
          Teddy’s career numbers suggest he will be able to put up 17-20 pts per game on average.

If KC, Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore and the Chargers are all putting up 30+, I just don’t see the wins.

The defense will only be to hang in there for so long. Teddy started off 1 of 5 and a 3 and out. It’s going to be another long, painful season again.

Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post

Teddy’s career numbers suggest he will be able to put up 17-20 pts per game on average.

If KC, Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore and the Chargers are all putting up 30+, I just don’t see the wins.

The defense will only be to hang in there for so long. Teddy started off 1 of 5 and a 3 and out. It’s going to be another long, painful season again.
            We should be competitive. I’m not saying we can beat everyone, but we should beat the bad teams and should put up a good fight against teams we match we’ll against. Don’t necessarily have the QB to beat the best, but the D did hold their own against KC last year. No reason to believe they can’t this year.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

So if folks who have posted so far think Lock would win more games than Bridgewater, which seems to be what I have read, why do folks also keep saying that Fangio is going the safe route and trying to keep his job??

Small sample size so far, so maybe this thread is not representative of what I have been reading of late.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                So if folks who have posted so far think Lock would win more games than Bridgewater, which seems to be what I have read, why do folks also keep saying that Fangio is going the safe route and trying to keep his job??

Small sample size so far, so maybe this thread is not representative of what I have been reading of late.
                I can only speak for myself - and I don’t really fall in the “Lock would win more games” camp.

In my opinion, this team has an over/under of 8 wins, regardless of the starting QB. Both QBs wee pretty much even throughout the offseason.

it comes down to what the coaching staff is willing to bet on to get over 8 wins. Lock represents the higher risk/higher reward bet. Teddy is lower risk, but perhaps only slightly less reward. I think the coaching staff would rather go with lower risk, betting on the defense to keep them in games.

The coaching staff is on the hot seat. Everyone knows it. I’m guessing they don’t want Lock out there improvising and causing a bad turnover.

My preference would have been for Lock to outright win the competition. Alas, he did not. He improved, for sure. Just not enough to convince the coaching staff.

I believe Lock still has better upside, but he just didn’t do enough to beat out Teddy.

I think as fans, some of us want to see the young, drafted, hot shot, strong armed QB out there. The key to developing young talent is commitment. It’s been a perfect storm between the organization hesitating to commit and Lock not doing quite enough to make it a no brainer.
                sigpic

Comment

I like our chances for 8-8-1, a non-losing season.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                  Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

I can only speak for myself - and I don’t really fall in the “Lock would win more games” camp.

In my opinion, this team has an over/under of 8 wins, regardless of the starting QB. Both QBs wee pretty much even throughout the offseason.

it comes down to what the coaching staff is willing to bet on to get over 8 wins. Lock represents the higher risk/higher reward bet. Teddy is lower risk, but perhaps only slightly less reward. I think the coaching staff would rather go with lower risk, betting on the defense to keep them in games.

The coaching staff is on the hot seat. Everyone knows it. I’m guessing they don’t want Lock out there improvising and causing a bad turnover.

My preference would have been for Lock to outright win the competition. Alas, he did not. He improved, for sure. Just not enough to convince the coaching staff.

I believe Lock still has better upside, but he just didn’t do enough to beat out Teddy.

I think as fans, some of us want to see the young, drafted, hot shot, strong armed QB out there. The key to developing young talent is commitment. It’s been a perfect storm between the organization hesitating to commit and Lock not doing quite enough to make it a no brainer.
                    All good logic on your part, which is not surprising to me (I'd "like" if I could). I understand your take very well. But many others are aligning Bridgewater with "Fangio safe". and "Fangio trying to keep job", which is illogical to me if they also believe that we will win more games with Lock this year. If that were the case, Fangio would go with the more risky, young dude. Unless they are also saying the coaches and whoever else is involved, have no sense of who will likely win more games. Because if I'm Paton (haven't heard his name much lately), the coaches, even Elway, I would much rather go with the young, potentially high upside guy, if I believe he can win at least as many games in '21.

Comment

All good logic on your part, which is not surprising to me (I'd "like" if I could). I understand your take very well. But many others are aligning Bridgewater with "Fangio safe". and "Fangio trying to keep job", which is illogical to me if they also believe that we will win more games with Lock this year. If that were the case, Fangio would go with the more risky, young dude. Unless they are also saying the coaches and whoever else is involved, have no sense of who will likely win more games. Because if I'm Paton (haven't heard his name much lately), the coaches, even Elway, I would much rather go with the young, potentially high upside guy, if I believe he can win at least as many games in '21.
                      Further to....the only explanation I can offer is that the coaches, GM and maybe Elway want Lock to watch Bridgewater play some games, while tuning his own game, sothat he will be one step further in the process of long term improvement. Then again, many younger QBs are given the ball well before they are at their long term playing potential.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

Well, a great defense (especially in the red zone), a balanced offense that can run the clock and a great placekicker could be an effective formula especially when opponents fall behind and face Denver's pass rush and Secondary to try and catch up. Now if we could get Corey Bojorquez as our Punter ...
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Well, a great defense (especially in the red zone), a balanced offense that can run the clock and a great placekicker could be an effective formula especially when opponents fall behind and face Denver's pass rush and Secondary to try and catch up. Now if we could get Corey Bojorquez as our Punter ...
                          Are you suggesting we have a great placekicker or is that one of the components necessary to support either QB in terms of win success?

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Now that we have a starting Quarterback finally named.
                            What will be our record?
                            Playoff team yes or no?

No need to explain, lets just put down our prediction and if we will make the postseason.

Let me start it off:
                            10-7 and yes we sneak into the playoffs.
                            Hmm I have us at 9-8 just missing out. If you go in to a season saying you have two qbs then that means we have none and somehow I think the qb issue is going to rear its head at some point this season. I hope not though. A switch will happen at some point and when it does the season will be lost.
                            :go:

Comment

Are you suggesting we have a great placekicker or is that one of the components necessary to support either QB in terms of win success?
                              Think McManus is pretty good. Stout defense, rushing attack and good placekicker travel well.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I suppose I understand what you’re saying. I think the coaching staff believes TB will win more games because he is the safer bet. Fans who disagree believe Lock’s upside and potential would win more games. That’s why it’s called a bet. You make your decision based on perceived risk/reward. Many fans would rather take the high risk with potentially higher reward. The coaching staff would rather take the lower risk bet.

I really don’t think there’s a conflict in logic. Just a conflict on what they believe would pay off.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X