Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humberg
    replied
    3-0 to start the season. Everything goes nuts. And 7-10 to finish. Our main off season move is to sign Tom McMahon to an extension as our special teams coach (although there are some reports of us making informal inquiries about Brock Olivo). We draft another corner with our first round pick and trade mid round draft picks to get Trinity Benson back. Our whole draft strategy revolves around eventually getting Aaron Rodgers which never materializes and Andy Dalton is our starting quarterback in 2022 (one year, $9 million contract). In training camp Von Miller claims Dalton is the best quarterback he’s ever played with and predicts he’ll be in the hall of fame someday. Paton brings in Josh McDaniels to be head coach alongside Fangio and declares that having “an open head coaching competition” makes sense because we are always looking to “improve at every position”.

Oh, am I getting carried away?
    Last edited by Humberg; 08-31-2021, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    I'll go 8-9 Start off strong, we get to Ravens and Pitt, We start bumbling, fumbling and stumbling. Don't have the right head coach or QB on the team to pull us out of the spiral, but the D will fight hard every week and salvage some wins for us. Hope the team proves me wrong and the injury bug mostly leaves us alone.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I’m not sure if you mean media or fans. From a fan perspective I wouldn’t say I’m sleeping on them when I project 9-8. I’m hopeful you guys confident enough to project 11-12 wins are right. And I even see the flash and talent to suggest it’s very doable. But my projection is more based on not trusting Fangio and worried it’s same old same old. I think the talent has been there to finish much better than we have 3 seasons in a row yet they all finish in disappointment.

So my projection is more based on Teddy and Fangio needing to earn the respect by proving it rather than just giving it.
    Very Good point!
    Fangio needs to prove to all of us he should be our coach.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    12-5... Too many people sleeping on this team
    defense is going to be lights out and if the offense just has half the turnovers (which was mostly lock)of a year ago...look out
    I’m not sure if you mean media or fans. From a fan perspective I wouldn’t say I’m sleeping on them when I project 9-8. I’m hopeful you guys confident enough to project 11-12 wins are right. And I even see the flash and talent to suggest it’s very doable. But my projection is more based on not trusting Fangio and worried it’s same old same old. I think the talent has been there to finish much better than we have 3 seasons in a row yet they all finish in disappointment.

So my projection is more based on Teddy and Fangio needing to earn the respect by proving it rather than just giving it.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    defense is going to be lights out and if the offense just has half the turnovers (which was mostly lock)of a year ago...look out
    Am thinking along similar lines. Looking at the schedule and barring significant unforeseen circumstances, think the floor is eight wins and the ceiling is fourteen. So, split the difference and it's eleven.

Denver led the league in turnovers lost last year. Major improvement in that area, a balanced offense, top five defense and quality depth at most positions in a longer season makes me think eleven or twelve wins is likely, maybe more if the funny shaped ball bounces Denver's way.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    9-8 taking into account the Broncos have an extra home game this year.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    13-4 revised.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    I’ll go with 9 wins 7 losses
    So what about game 17?

Leave a comment:

• $Broncos$
    replied
    I’ll go with 9 wins 7 losses

Leave a comment:

• $Broncos$
    replied
    If we don’t win the first 3 games I’m saying it’s a losing season

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

In 2020 Denver ranked 32nd in the league in turnovers lost. That includes 18 fumbles lost which ranked 18th. The total number of fumbles was 23 and Lock had eight of them; Gordon had 4, Hamler, Spencer and Jeudy had 2 each and Rypien, Martin and Hamilton fumbled once.

Denver ranked 32nd in interceptions thrown with 23 of which 15 were thrown by Drew, who had 13 starts.

In contrast, Carolina ranked 17th in the league in turnovers lost. That includes 5 fumbles lost which ranked 2nd. The total number of fumbles was 13 and Bridgewater had six of them; seven other players had one each.

Carolina ranked 26th in interceptions thrown with 16 of which 11 were thrown by Teddy, who had 15 starts.

Denver was 5-11 and was outscored 446 to 323. They lost six games by a TD or less. In those games Denver committed eight turnovers of which six were on Drew (5 INT, 1 FL) Four of Denver's five victories were won by a TD or less. In those games Denver committed six turnovers of which five were on Drew (4 INT, 1 FL)

At Carolina Drew fumbled twice and lost one, but threw four TD passes. That could be used as an example of risk/reward. In that game Carolina committed no turnovers and had three rushing TDs (one of which was Teddy) and kicked two FGs. Denver also had a PR for TD by Spencer; McManus missed two XPAs and a 2 XPA was an incomplete pass.

Carolina was 5-11 and was outscored 402 to 350. They lost six games by a TD or less. In those games Carolina committed four turnovers of which three were on Teddy (3 INT) Three of Carolina's five victories were won by a TD or less. In those games Carolina committed two turnovers all on Teddy (1 INT, 1 FL)

Another area besides errors is missed opportunities. One way to account for that is completion % and ypa. In 2020 Drew was 57.3% completion and 6.6 ypa. Teddy was 69.1 completion and 7.6 ypa. 2020 Teddy may have been worse than 2019 Teddy, but it was better than 2020 Drew.

Denver's offensive coaching staff has returned intact from 2020. They know Drew well and they spent last season trying to coach him out of what they consider bad habits as well as film study in which they are trying to get him to see the field and the defense better which should lead to better decision making. They have all said that Drew has improved. The turnover issue from 2020 is a major concern and has a direct effect on wins and losses. Have no reason to believe that the preseason reps/snaps by Drew and Teddy were other than equal and fair. I believe the coaching staff when they say it was a close comparison and a difficult decision.

Sounds like Denver wants to be plus in the turnovers. They expect that their defense will produce more and their offense won't commit nearly as many as last year for a net positive in turnover differential. Seems as if they plan to run a balanced offense with a commitment to the rushing attack which should help them win TOP. If they get enough of a lead that an opponent must pass to catch up, it will play into what should be a Denver strength in pass defense.

They had to choose one or the other QB and Teddy gets the start. It's a longer season now and much can happen. Have no doubt Drew will be ready, if needed. Just about time to play some ball!
    Ok. Don’t disagree with any of that. I’m not an anti-Teddy guy by any means. I was just making an observation on the two different points of view. I fully expect and hope to see efficient ball control and good defense.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

I suppose I understand what you’re saying. I think the coaching staff believes TB will win more games because he is the safer bet. Fans who disagree believe Lock’s upside and potential would win more games. That’s why it’s called a bet. You make your decision based on perceived risk/reward. Many fans would rather take the high risk with potentially higher reward. The coaching staff would rather take the lower risk bet.

I really don’t think there’s a conflict in logic. Just a conflict on what they believe would pay off.
    In 2020 Denver ranked 32nd in the league in turnovers lost. That includes 18 fumbles lost which ranked 18th. The total number of fumbles was 23 and Lock had eight of them; Gordon had 4, Hamler, Spencer and Jeudy had 2 each and Rypien, Martin and Hamilton fumbled once.

Denver ranked 32nd in interceptions thrown with 23 of which 15 were thrown by Drew, who had 13 starts.

In contrast, Carolina ranked 17th in the league in turnovers lost. That includes 5 fumbles lost which ranked 2nd. The total number of fumbles was 13 and Bridgewater had six of them; seven other players had one each.

Carolina ranked 26th in interceptions thrown with 16 of which 11 were thrown by Teddy, who had 15 starts.

Denver was 5-11 and was outscored 446 to 323. They lost six games by a TD or less. In those games Denver committed eight turnovers of which six were on Drew (5 INT, 1 FL) Four of Denver's five victories were won by a TD or less. In those games Denver committed six turnovers of which five were on Drew (4 INT, 1 FL)

At Carolina Drew fumbled twice and lost one, but threw four TD passes. That could be used as an example of risk/reward. In that game Carolina committed no turnovers and had three rushing TDs (one of which was Teddy) and kicked two FGs. Denver also had a PR for TD by Spencer; McManus missed two XPAs and a 2 XPA was an incomplete pass.

Carolina was 5-11 and was outscored 402 to 350. They lost six games by a TD or less. In those games Carolina committed four turnovers of which three were on Teddy (3 INT) Three of Carolina's five victories were won by a TD or less. In those games Carolina committed two turnovers all on Teddy (1 INT, 1 FL)

Another area besides errors is missed opportunities. One way to account for that is completion % and ypa. In 2020 Drew was 57.3% completion and 6.6 ypa. Teddy was 69.1 completion and 7.6 ypa. 2020 Teddy may have been worse than 2019 Teddy, but it was better than 2020 Drew.

Denver's offensive coaching staff has returned intact from 2020. They know Drew well and they spent last season trying to coach him out of what they consider bad habits as well as film study in which they are trying to get him to see the field and the defense better which should lead to better decision making. They have all said that Drew has improved. The turnover issue from 2020 is a major concern and has a direct effect on wins and losses. Have no reason to believe that the preseason reps/snaps by Drew and Teddy were other than equal and fair. I believe the coaching staff when they say it was a close comparison and a difficult decision.

Sounds like Denver wants to be plus in the turnovers. They expect that their defense will produce more and their offense won't commit nearly as many as last year for a net positive in turnover differential. Seems as if they plan to run a balanced offense with a commitment to the rushing attack which should help them win TOP. If they get enough of a lead that an opponent must pass to catch up, it will play into what should be a Denver strength in pass defense.

They had to choose one or the other QB and Teddy gets the start. It's a longer season now and much can happen. Have no doubt Drew will be ready, if needed. Just about time to play some ball!

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

As I reread my last response I want to clarify....I hope the decision-makers win this bet otherwise that means we have probably had a rough start to the season with no guarantees. I'd rather have 2 decent QBs than just 1, and in this case, maybe none.
    I understood what you were saying. I agree. I’m just playing devil’s advocate.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Think McManus is pretty good. Stout defense, rushing attack and good placekicker travel well.
    I was trying to understand if you meant that we have a strong D, good rushing attack and a "great" kicker. I think McManus is good, but not great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X