Are We Divided Once Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Divided Once Again?

We've been through the QB wars, many times. I don't have to name them, because they are well documented here, and elsewhere. I have been involved myself at times, so I am not a picture of perfect harmony. I think the internal conflict that was most annoying, for me, was the 2015 season when we went on to win our 3rd SB. I felt like many were unhappy that he returned during the playoffs and we won the SB with him as the starter. That was strange to me, because the ultimate goal each year is winning the championship, so yeah, bickering til the bitter end seemed foolish in terms of the final result.

And I am fine with preferring Lock over Bridgewater. That's your prerogative. But I wish folks wouldn't make a big effort to comment every time Bridgewater makes a mistake, unless they are also willing to give him a pat on the back when he is successful. Again, your prerogative. But I for one will judge his play for what it is, and will balance my take on the pros and cons of the situation. If he does not provide adequate (at minimum) production, I too will be ok with a change. But the negativity about his play is very predictable, and in some cases, kind of whiny.

My primary goals for The Broncos this season:

1. Make the playoffs
    2. Win each postseason game....one at a time of course.
    3. Determine who will be our starting QB in 2022, or be prepared for a very, very serious offseason search!
    4. Build on everything going forward, and sustain a long term playoff team.

I'll stop at 4, but I could easily add more, and I could expand on some of them, though 1 and 2 are pretty self explanatory from a team perspective.

As a fan you can want what you want, say almost anything that comes to mind, cheer for one player over another, like or dislike coaches and management. Businesses need customers, and that's who we are.

Having said that, I hope this does not have a similar vibe to the SB season, when folks seemed more concerned about who started than the fact we won the whole dang thing!

Maybe this guy ^ will have something to say about it again this year!!!

I like it. Unfortunately, it is the nature of this message board to choose a side. So yes, the game day thread will still be the Thunderdome. There will be at least one “Fire Fangio” and one “Bench Teddy” thread after the first game.
    sigpic

Comment

It is a message board on the internet, it's the nature of the beast. This place fortunately is well moderated, and those who demonstrate that they cannot act or discuss topics in a mature way, or respond to people they don't agree with by name-calling, they will end up on probation.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
        I like it. Unfortunately, it is the nature of this message board to choose a side. So yes, the game day thread will still be the Thunderdome. There will be at least one “Fire Fangio” and one “Bench Teddy” thread after the first game.
        If we do not start off well, the Fire Fangio's will basically be "on fire". And unless Teddy has 100+ passer rates, there will be "I told you so's". To be more specific, might happen on every inaccurate pass! And if Lock replaces Bridgewater and does not do well, it will be fire Paton, and find Elway a dealership to run full time.

Comment

Yes DBC is divided by one Common Position and that is The Quarterback Position and it will only become United when Denver gets the right Quarterback and Teddy is Not IT.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
            Yes DBC is divided by one Common Position and that is The Quarterback Position and it will only become United when Denver gets the right Quarterback and Teddy is Not IT.
            ok....nothing too surprising about your response. I am good with it. It's an honest view and one shared by many others I am sure.

But can I ask, do we hope for TB to fail? You don't have to answer, but I am curious. I love honesty. I'll take honest any day.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

If we do not start off well, the Fire Fangio's will basically be "on fire". And unless Teddy has 100+ passer rates, there will be "I told you so's". To be more specific, might happen on every inaccurate pass! And if Lock replaces Bridgewater and does not do well, it will be fire Paton, and find Elway a dealership to run full time.
              Haha. Pretty much. The great equalizer is winning, though. If the team is winning and showing promise, more people will be on board with the QB and coaching staff.

Like you said, though, the tolerance will be low. If they come out of the gates stumbling and lose to the Giants in an uncompetitive fashion, then the pitchforks and torches will come out immediately.

Good news is I was encouraged by the preseason. If Shurmur continues to call a run heavy WC offense and the defense looks as good as it did in the preseason, then we have a chance at watching some half way decent football for a change.

sigpic

Comment

ok....nothing too surprising about your response. I am good with it. It's an honest view and one shared by many others I am sure.

But can I ask, do we hope for TB to fail? You don't have to answer, but I am curious. I love honesty. I'll take honest any day.

No I do not wish for any Denver Bronco Player or for Denver Broncos Team to Fail or Lose Ever. I want them to Win and Bring Denver another Super Bowl Trophy every year. What bothers us Fans is we do know more than the GM and HC and we all know what is wrong and what needs to be fixed and yet Year after Year now it just seems they have no clue how to get the right QB. However you look at the LA Charges with their QB and You say WoW they have the Missing Piece that Denver does not have. If you saw Teddy play last night you have to be holding your breath because last nights performance was Just Terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  If you saw Teddy play last night you have to be holding your breath because last nights performance was Just Terrifying.

Those first two drives? Yeah. He was horrible. I was actually shocked by how bad he came out. No vision, no timing, no touch. I don't know what was going wrong with him at first, but on that third drive he came out and became Steady Teddy again. I did notice that the whole team came out kind of flat except for Von Miller though. So maybe it was nerves, whatever. If we get Steady Teddy we're going to be fine.

Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

We will always be divided about something. I've been on this board since 2006 if I remember right and it's been that way since. I wonder what this board would have been like earlier in Elways career lol.
                    Last edited by KernCoBroncofan; 08-29-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
                      We will always be divided about something. I've been on this board since 2006 if I remember right and it's been that way since. I wonder what this board would have been like earlier in Elways career lol.
                      That's an excellent point. I will say however that QBs back then were not expected to be great from the get go, and the game has changed to benefit QBs, as in, penalties, whether it be roughing the passer, pass interference, and even extra hard legit style hits that are now moving the chains for Os. I did a study a few years back, not that mine was better than the experts, but rushing was more of a factor than passing for most teams, as I recall. Nowadays the pass game flourishes, assisted by the penalty changes over the years.

Comment

Maybe I should have used a different topic, as in, try to enjoy any wins we get, no matter the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

Haha. Pretty much. The great equalizer is winning, though. If the team is winning and showing promise, more people will be on board with the QB and coaching staff.

Like you said, though, the tolerance will be low. If they come out of the gates stumbling and lose to the Giants in an uncompetitive fashion, then the pitchforks and torches will come out immediately.

Good news is I was encouraged by the preseason. If Shurmur continues to call a run heavy WC offense and the defense looks as good as it did in the preseason, then we have a chance at watching some half way decent football for a change.
                          You are absolutely right....winning cures all. I guess my disappointment was that some seemed unhappy when we won The SB with Manning in charge. But winning will save coaching and management jobs, no matter what we think of them. And winning would keep Teddy as QB unless he looked lost out there in the process. Losing on the other hand creates actions, and usually there are (employment) casualties.

Comment

Maybe I should have used a different topic, as in, try to enjoy any wins we get, no matter the QB.

All good . That should come without saying. I've been a Bronco fan since I was 8 yrs old . It was 1983 , way before TB or Drew Lock era. I'm a Bronco fan first. I don't care who our QB , RB , WR , OL , DL ect.. I don't wish for anyone wearing our jersey to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post

All good . That should come without saying. I've been a Bronco fan since I was 8 yrs old . It was 1983 , way before TB or Drew Lock era. I'm a Bronco fan first. I don't care who our QB , RB , WR , OL , DL ect.. I don't wish for anyone wearing our jersey to fail.
                              I get ya. I think, I could be wrong, that fans back then were not big on criticizing QBs like they have been in the last decade or two. There must have been different opinions about them, but the QB love is very defined depending on the source these days. We love our QBs, that is, the ones we love.

Comment

Working...
                              X