My 53- Man Roster Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 53- Man Roster Projection

So it is that time again - below is my 53- Man roster predictions.

Offense: 24

OL (8): Bolles, Risner, Cushenberry, Glasgow, Massie, Anderson, Minerz, Muti
    WR (6): Sutton, Hamler, Patrick, Benson, Williams, Jeudy
    RB (4): Williams, Gordon, Freeman, Boone
    QB (3): Lock, Bridgewater, Rypien
    TE (3): Saubert, Alert O, Fant

Defense: 26

DL (DE & NT) - (6): Harris, Jones, Purcell, Agim, William, Stephen
    OLB (5): Miller, Chubb, Reed, Cooper
    ILB (4): Johnson, Jewel, Strnad, Browning, Mintze
    CB: Fuller, Darby, Callhan, Surtain II, Vincent Jr. Ojemudia
    S: Simmons, Jackson, Sterns, J.Johnson, Locke

ST: 3

LS: Bobenmoyer
    K: McManus
    P: S.Martin (although if the P from LAR gets cut I expect he will be signed instead)

PUP: Bassey, Dawson

Now the very back-end of this roster can go all over the place. For example I could see Bailey or Hillmermann making the 53 and OL depth. I opted to target a key area of depth which is aiming to shore up a position which we've seen injuries at as well as have multiple contracts due at the end of this season - OLB.

After the final 53 cutdown I see us designating Ojemudia & Boone as IR with a Designation to Return. With corresponding moves I see us brining back one of Prentice or Beck. I then see us brining back Motley.

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    So it is that time again - below is my 53- Man roster predictions.

Offense: 24

OL (8): Bolles, Risner, Cushenberry, Glasgow, Massie, Anderson, Minerz, Muti
    WR (6): Sutton, Hamler, Patrick, Benson, Williams, Jeudy
    RB (4): Williams, Gordon, Freeman, Boone
    QB (3): Lock, Bridgewater, Rypien
    TE (3): Saubert, Alert O, Fant

Defense: 26

DL (DE & NT) - (6): Harris, Jones, Purcell, Agim, William, Stephen
    OLB (5): Miller, Chubb, Reed, Cooper
    ILB (4): Johnson, Jewel, Strnad, Browning, Mintze
    CB: Fuller, Darby, Callhan, Surtain II, Vincent Jr. Ojemudia
    S: Simmons, Jackson, Sterns, J.Johnson, Locke

ST: 3

LS: Bobenmoyer
    K: McManus
    P: S.Martin (although if the P from LAR gets cut I expect he will be signed instead)

PUP: Bassey, Dawson

Now the very back-end of this roster can go all over the place. For example I could see Bailey or Hillmermann making the 53 and OL depth. I opted to target a key area of depth which is aiming to shore up a position which we've seen injuries at as well as have multiple contracts due at the end of this season - OLB.

After the final 53 cutdown I see us designating Ojemudia & Boone as IR with a Designation to Return. With corresponding moves I see us brining back one of Prentice or Beck. I then see us brining back Motley.
    Looks pretty good! I would think we only carry Bridgewater and Lock at Qb and allow Rypien to clear waivers.

Probably go Beck as a 4th TE/FB

Also I think we go 9 Olinemen with Fleming instead of 5 OLB's, meaning no Mintze.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Looks pretty good! I would think we only carry Bridgewater and Lock at Qb and allow Rypien to clear waivers.

Probably go Beck as a 4th TE/FB

Also I think we go 9 Olinemen with Fleming instead of 5 OLB's, meaning no Mintze.
      !00% respect your comments there. I ask that you read further down. I have us going back and picking up Beck or Prentice due to IR rules. I am also praying, hoping to those football gods that we DON'T keep Fleming. He looked pretty bad this pre-season. For me I'd like to see Hillmermann or Bailey land that other OL spot if we opt to go there. Brett is an interesting guy. I do not think he clears waivers though. So that was my rationale for my choice there.

Honest question with Cubb & Von both getting hurt these past few years AND both coming due on contracts what would you propose we do and why not keep Mintze who's looks good in PS and develop guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

!00% respect your comments there. I ask that you read further down. I have us going back and picking up Beck or Prentice due to IR rules. I am also praying, hoping to those football gods that we DON'T keep Fleming. He looked pretty bad this pre-season. For me I'd like to see Hillmermann or Bailey land that other OL spot if we opt to go there. Brett is an interesting guy. I do not think he clears waivers though. So that was my rationale for my choice there.

Honest question with Cubb & Von both getting hurt these past few years AND both coming due on contracts what would you propose we do and why not keep Mintze who's looks good in PS and develop guys?
        Got it!
        Fleming I think has a $1 million guarantee so I could see him sit each week as a break glass in case of an emergency.

As far as OLB Mintze probably clears waivers, and we can develop him on the PS. Browning can play OLB if injuries become an issue.

Overall I think you got roster pegged. See what Fangio ends up doing.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X