No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried about our trenches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barkley had 10 carries for 26 yards. I say we did pretty good in the trenches.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
      Barkley had 10 carries for 26 yards. I say we did pretty good in the trenches.
      D looked good, offense was questionable although they faced a good defensive line. Stats were skewed from the one run

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        It was only preseason but the starting O-Line looks competent. The thing I would worry about with our D-line is going against a dual threat QB. Passing lanes will turn into running lanes in a hurry and our ILB's won't.catch a QB who has the guts to run through them in the middle of the field before heading to the sidelines.
        Garbage time QB TD scramble says 'yup.'
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

I feel pretty good about them overall, however the defensive line from what I saw didn't get a ton of push up the middle and Jones seemed to take advantage of that a few times. Run blocking didn't seem to be too strong but it's a solid Giants line.

How are the Jag's OLine / DLine ? Will we get a different story next weekend?

Comment

I wasn't surprised the offensive line had a few issues in the interior. There were questions if Risner, Cushenberry and Glasgow could play better than last year. And, the Giants have a good interior defensive line. One of my keys going into the game for the offense was Leonard Williams.... he's a guy who can create havoc.

The defensive line played well. I would have liked to seen a more consistent pass rush against a weak Giants offensive line. Running quarterbacks are going to be a issue for us if they get past our defensive line because the middle of our defense is our weak spot.

Look, it's week 1, and it'll take a couple weeks for us to get things together.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
              I feel pretty good about them overall, however the defensive line from what I saw didn't get a ton of push up the middle and Jones seemed to take advantage of that a few times. Run blocking didn't seem to be too strong but it's a solid Giants line.

How are the Jag's OLine / DLine ? Will we get a different story next weekend?
              He took advantage because we was in a man to man defense. That's when QB runs up the middle are more likely.
              Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post

He took advantage because we was in a man to man defense. That's when QB runs up the middle are more likely.
                Ya, for sure those few runs that was the case. I thought he had a pretty clean pocket a lot of the game though.

Comment

Dremont Jones might not have got a sack but he blew up the OGs quite a few times. He’s going to have a big year. As for the QB runs, that’s why you can’t spread out against a mobile QB. They didn’t the first time but caught the defense in a stunt and unfortunately it was one of those plays Von wasn’t going full speed otherwise he would’ve made the tackle for a minimal gain. Pass rush wasn’t there completely but Thomas looks improved in year 2 and Solder is solid despite the time off. Plus Chubb was out, getting him back will put a lot more pressure on offenses. Von looked great though, he still picks and chooses his spots but he can turn it on like few can.

The unfortunate thing is, this was an issue last year, if I’m not mistaken Teddy’s rushing TD against us was out of a 5 wide set. I think Darnold’s big TD run was too. One of the interior rushers is going to have to keep a controlled rush if we’re going to continue to play like that, that was one thing Demarcus Walker excelled at. Harris and Williams will likely need to take that role against these underrated athletic QBs because Jones is too good a pass rusher to serve as a spy. Lamar Jackson probably won’t get those same lanes, it won’t matter because he’s so dynamic anyway, but he’s not getting an open middle out of a 5 wide.

Comment

Working...
                  X