The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Love the support for our starting QB. What did the guy do to you?

He has been playing very well up until the Baltimore game. And let’s be honest, Bridgewater was probably the least of our problems last Sunday— in fact, him getting knocked out the game exposed our problems even worse. You probably have been feeling this way the whole time, but the moment he underwhelms— this is the sentiment that comes out. “No loyalty…” wow, man.

I counted two bad passes against the Ravens. The one he floated way out of bounds intended for Patrick and the pass that hit the defender in the back when it was supposed to be a back shoulder throw to Fant.

It really isn’t much, but in 3.5 games— Teddy has put together the best QB play we’ve had since 2015. The eye test and whatever analytics you want to cite can back it up. If a lifetime backup QB is doing that for our organization, while having most of his contract being paid for by another team— I’d say that ain’t too shabby.

Good news for you, though. Teddy is a free agent next year and we’ll be back in the everlasting search for a QB. Maybe you’ll be happy with a mid-late 1st round project QB or the very slim possibility of Paton trading our future away for maybe 3 seasons of Aaron Rodgers.

As a Broncos fan, I hope for wins. I hope Teddy plays well and contributes to wins. If he can continue to do that at a fairly high level, I hope Teddy comes back next year and for years after that. Or maybe a different professional football organization will give him another $20M+ contract and validate his value as a starting QB in this league.

If Teddy is really a lifetime backup, he would be one right now.
    Why are denver fans always obligated to support our starting qb. Always so many complaints if we don't like Orton or keenum or Sanchez or whoever. Nobody cares if people come down on fangio or shurmur. I don't see drones of people defending Albert O after his big drop. Yet nonstop excuses for whatever random qb we have.

are we supposed to be defined by our quarterback? Last I checked it's the denver broncos not the denver Bridgewaters. What has Teddy done to earn our loyalty and why should we be afraid of him leaving? He won 4 games last year starting for the Panthers. He's never been anything great in the league so I really struggle to understand why people are eager to worship the guy.

The best argument I have heard is the broncos have had horrible quarterback play for years so it should be exciting to upgrade to below average.

He's better than any other qb we have had but that doesn't mean I'm excited to have him. He is still a bottom 10 qb in the league. That doesn't excite me and I don't feel guilty for not being "loyal" to him. I don't have to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Why are denver fans always obligated to support our starting qb. Always so many complaints if we don't like Orton or keenum or Sanchez or whoever. Nobody cares if people come down on fangio or shurmur. I don't see drones of people defending Albert O after his big drop. Yet nonstop excuses for whatever random qb we have.

are we supposed to be defined by our quarterback? Last I checked it's the denver broncos not the denver Bridgewaters. What has Teddy done to earn our loyalty and why should we be afraid of him leaving? He won 4 games last year starting for the Panthers. He's never been anything great in the league so I really struggle to understand why people are eager to worship the guy.

The best argument I have heard is the broncos have had horrible quarterback play for years so it should be exciting to upgrade to below average.

He's better than any other qb we have had but that doesn't mean I'm excited to have him. He is still a bottom 10 qb in the league. That doesn't excite me and I don't feel guilty for not being "loyal" to him. I don't have to be.
      I don’t think anyone feels obligated to support Teddy, I think people feel obligated to correct things that are said. You say Teddy is a bottom 10 QB but that simply isn’t true. Ryan, Roethlisberger, Tua/Brissett, Dalton/Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, Mills/Taylor, Wentz, Hurts, Heinicke/Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Winston, Mayfield, Garroppolo/Lance, Burrow, Daniel and Mac Jones have all been worse. That’s over half the QBs in the league right there, some of those guys are only getting a pass for their reputation and not how they’ve actually performed. Burrow is the only one anyone would really make a case for, but it’s more based off hype. But I’ll concede that Darnold, Bridgewater, Daniel Jones, and Joe Burrow are all probably interchangeable with Heinicke not being that far behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I don’t think anyone feels obligated to support Teddy, I think people feel obligated to correct things that are said. You say Teddy is a bottom 10 QB but that simply isn’t true. Ryan, Roethlisberger, Tua/Brissett, Dalton/Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, Mills/Taylor, Wentz, Hurts, Heinicke/Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Winston, Mayfield, Garroppolo/Lance, Burrow, Daniel and Mac Jones have all been worse. That’s over half the QBs in the league right there, some of those guys are only getting a pass for their reputation and not how they’ve actually performed. Burrow is the only one anyone would really make a case for, but it’s more based off hype. But I’ll concede that Darnold, Bridgewater, Daniel Jones, and Joe Burrow are all probably interchangeable with Heinicke not being that far behind.
        Are you talking about just this year? There are some on your list who have clearly been better in the last few years and the rest of your list is mostly young guys who might be good which can be exciting. Can't judge his ranking just on 3 games against some of the worst teams in the nfl.

Teddy has never been great and it's unlikely he turns the corner as an 8 year vet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

You're not obligated to support anyone, but... doesn't it make sense to support your QB because, well, they are a part of the Denver Broncos? Keenum couldn't sustain drives for his life and Sanchez didn't even win the QB battle going into Week 1, yet if they were a starter I would still hope they would do well.

What "excuses" are we coming up for Teddy? I already acknowledged some of the things he did wrong against Baltimore.

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          I counted two bad passes against the Ravens. The one he floated way out of bounds intended for Patrick and the pass that hit the defender in the back when it was supposed to be a back shoulder throw to Fant.
          Teddy also didn't have much trust in the OL and that showed when he saw a late-blitzing DB coming down and quickly dumped off to Gordon on 3rd and 12, when Meinerz actually ended up picking up the blitzer. Other than that, Baltimore got a ton of pressure on Teddy and there was not much he could do about it, especially with Shurmur's propensity for long-developing plays (which also hurt Lock last year).

No one is worshipping Teddy, I think the sentiment is hopeful in the sense that he has been better than QBs we've had in years' past. Which, again, isn't saying much. The thought with this team has ALWAYS been that an average QB could take this roster into serious playoff contention. Try winning more than 4 games in Carolina with a rookie HC and OC, without McCaffery, and a terrible OL. Not a recipe for success (but one that almost beat KC anyways).

I'm not here to tell you how to feel, you're entitled to your own feelings and opinions. Would you be excited with a top 10 QB? Well, acquiring one is very, very hard and is evident in the fact that we haven't had one in 7 years. It's hard to separate your preconceived thoughts from what's going on this season, but that's on you.

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          Love Teddy Bridgewater as a person and he is a marginal improvement over the current level of QB play— but I’m not paying $18M for merely average QB performance. I’d rather roll the dice with Lock for another year.
          Even I didn't think too much of Teddy when we traded for him. But he's playing like a top 10 QB right now.

Let's see how he does today against a pretty good PIT defense.

Comment

• Ironic that you say Keenum couldn't keep the offense on the field to save it's life in defense of Bridgewater.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Is Teddy Two Gloves gonna pull a rabbit out of a hat? Is he gonna all of a sudden click and get it?

I think he gets the win today with pedestrian stats, and the conversation continues Monday 😆
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Ironic that you say Keenum couldn't keep the offense on the field to save it's life in defense of Bridgewater.
                We have utterly dominated in time of possession this season with Teddy at the helm. Long, boring offensive drives have been the bread and butter of our success so far. Baltimore being a glaring exception when Shurmur inexplicably didn't lean on the run in the 2nd quarter even when it was doing well and dialed up low-percentage go balls on 3rd and short.

Comment

We have utterly dominated in time of possession this season with Teddy at the helm. Long, boring offensive drives have been the bread and butter of our success so far. Baltimore being a glaring exception when Shurmur inexplicably didn't lean on the run in the 2nd quarter even when it was doing well and dialed up low-percentage go balls on 3rd and short.
                  27th in the league in first downs also tell that story. That's also not completely teddy's fault. Or Drew's.

Checks gonna come due. Compounded with an OC that doesn't know how to call plays and is given complete autonomy by a HC that doesn't know how to be a HC.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

27th in the league in first downs also tell that story. That's also not completely teddy's fault. Or Drew's.

Checks gonna come due. Compounded with an OC that doesn't know how to call plays and is given complete autonomy by a HC that doesn't know how to be a HC.
                    Instead of number of first downs I would be more interested in the quality of each drive.

If we slow the game down there will be less drives and less first downs.

Do not get me wrong...we still have an offense that is not going to add to this . My point is we can win games if we play the right way. Ultimately from what I have seen so far we have a playoff team just not a team that is going to beat a playoff team 3-4 weeks in a row. Not the place we want to be but much better than what we have seen since 2017 imo
                    Lets Ride!

Comment

• Back to the point of this thread.

Shurmur is a horrible OC and should be considered in what was our best QB to have.

IMO we need a vet QB to overcome the weaknesses of the OC.

With Shurmur a team should avoid young QBs at all costs imo
                      Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Instead of number of first downs I would be more interested in the quality of each drive.

If we slow the game down there will be less drives and less first downs.

Do not get me wrong...we still have an offense that is not going to add to this . My point is we can win games if we play the right way. Ultimately from what I have seen so far we have a playoff team just not a team that is going to beat a playoff team 3-4 weeks in a row. Not the place we want to be but much better than what we have seen since 2017 imo
                        The dude sucks guy.

​​​​if QB tiers went from F to S, Bridgewater is a C.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The dude sucks guy.

​​​​if QB tiers went from F to S, Bridgewater is a C.
                          There is no doubt we need a better QB.

With that said Teddy may be the best Qb Denver has had since PM left. My only point here is that it can get worse and it HAS been worse often in Orange and Blue.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

• At least Bridgewater is still among league leaders in completion percentage.

Him repeatedly choosing to throw five yard passes on 3rd and 10+ has to have a silver lining, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              At least Bridgewater is still among league leaders in completion percentage.

Him repeatedly choosing to throw five yard passes on 3rd and 10+ has to have a silver lining, right?
                              As opposed to throwing to someone else who isn't open?

Comment

As opposed to throwing to someone else who isn't open?
                                Yo, what kind of contract Teddy getting after today? How's that ball control offense?

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X