The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Yo, what kind of contract Teddy getting after today? How's that ball control offense?

He didn’t do much to move that conversation forward, but if you actually read my posts you would know that I’m not giving him $25M/year until he has sustained success. I’ve reiterated that every time, I’m not crowning him just yet.

Yeah, there wasn’t any ball control offense at all in the first half. Pretty unacceptable. Delay of game on the first play, futile early down runs, and Sutton not catching an easy ball over the middle will do that for ya. Batted passes aren’t Teddy’s fault unless you want him floating ducks. Blocking miscommunication between Massie and Williams resulted in a bad sack. Beast described that holding play on Bolles, which really was a result of a bad playcall from Shurmur.

Bad throws that I charted included the one that sailed over Moore’s head over the middle, the underthrow to Sutton that was almost picked, and the INT to close the game— which was a bit too inside after Sutton slipped when cutting outside on a cornerback that was already there playing outside leverage.

Out of everything that happened today, I really don’t think there is much to blame Teddy on, overall. He brought us back into the game. He didn’t make bad decisions. Sutton was the only real option on that 4th down play, unless you want to make him throw a low percentage, quick out from the opposite hash to Hinton.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
      He didn’t do much to move that conversation forward, but if you actually read my posts you would know that I’m not giving him $25M/year until he has sustained success. I’ve reiterated that every time, I’m not crowning him just yet.

Yeah, there wasn’t any ball control offense at all in the first half. Pretty unacceptable. Delay of game on the first play, futile early down runs, and Sutton not catching an easy ball over the middle will do that for ya. Batted passes aren’t Teddy’s fault unless you want him floating ducks. Blocking miscommunication between Massie and Williams resulted in a bad sack. Beast described that holding play on Bolles, which really was a result of a bad playcall from Shurmur.

Bad throws that I charted included the one that sailed over Moore’s head over the middle, the underthrow to Sutton that was almost picked, and the INT to close the game— which was a bit too inside after Sutton slipped when cutting outside on a cornerback that was already there playing outside leverage.

Out of everything that happened today, I really don’t think there is much to blame Teddy on, overall. He brought us back into the game. He didn’t make bad decisions. Sutton was the only real option on that 4th down play, unless you want to make him throw a low percentage, quick out from the opposite hash to Hinton.
      That's certainly a lot of excuses for playing like he's played for 8 seasons 🤣

And don't get me started on third down. If it's 7+ you might as well punt because he ain't picking it up

I love the 6 yard passes on 3rd and 12. Great QB.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

As if taking a sack which was entirely avoidable after the penalty on Williams for delay of game wasn’t a bad decision. Not throwing the ball away was a bad decision.

Comment

• The excuse making for Bridgewater must be a way to cope with losing.

Comment

• Imagine being in position to draft Josh Allen and not drafting him.

Oh wait…Broncos drafted Chubb at #5 and Allen went #7.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

That's certainly a lot of excuses for playing like he's played for 8 seasons 🤣

And don't get me started on third down. If it's 7+ you might as well punt because he ain't picking it up

I love the 6 yard passes on 3rd and 12. Great QB.
              Again, I ask anyone to show me who actually got separation on those 3rd down plays. I’ll eat crow if there was someone open downfield or realistically in position to make a catch beyond the sticks.

That’s a lot of goalpost moving on my post which broke down today’s game specifically and never mentioned anything about an 8-year career in which he’s only been healthy or in position to start for 3.5 of them.

What excuses am I making? I clearly stated where I saw Teddy was at fault. Virtually everything you commented in the Game Thread today was about Teddy Bridgewater. No mention about the porous defense that couldn’t get a stop. No mention about our OL that couldn’t open up running lanes. No mention about playcalling that barely left decent options downfield. Checkdowns exist in case there is nothing downfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                Imagine being in position to draft Josh Allen and not drafting him.

Oh wait…Broncos drafted Chubb at #5 and Allen went #7.
                To be fair, Allen did what so few quarterbacks, if any, have done and that’s significantly improved accuracy from college. It also took until year three for Allen to prove the Bills made a good decision.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Again, I ask anyone to show me who actually got separation on those 3rd down plays. I’ll eat crow if there was someone open downfield or realistically in position to make a catch beyond the sticks.

That’s a lot of goalpost moving on my post which broke down today’s game specifically and never mentioned anything about an 8-year career in which he’s only been healthy or in position to start for 3.5 of them.

What excuses am I making? I clearly stated where I saw Teddy was at fault. Virtually everything you commented in the Game Thread today was about Teddy Bridgewater. No mention about the porous defense that couldn’t get a stop. No mention about our OL that couldn’t open up running lanes. No mention about playcalling that barely left decent options downfield. Checkdowns exist in case there is nothing downfield.
                  Uh, the defense stripped Ben of the ball with great field position and the offense did nothing. They also forced the Steelers to punt twice. Not to mention being on the field constantly with the Broncos failing to convert 3rd downs nearly the entire game. But yeah blame the defense.

Comment

• Broncos offense 2-12 on 3rd down. Sure the defense lost the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

To be fair, Allen did what so few quarterbacks, if any, have done and that’s significantly improved accuracy from college. It also took until year three for Allen to prove the Bills made a good decision.
                      Another way of saying the Broncos failed to draft a great QB.

Comment

Another way of saying the Broncos failed to draft a great QB.
                        Except they had zero objective evidence to think Allen was going to be a great quarterback. He had bust written all over him, based on the objective evidence.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Broncos offense 2-12 on 3rd down. Sure the defense lost the game.
                          Agreed!!!
                          I know the defense wasn't great but did people watch the first half? The offense was a complete joke. All the comeback crap is a tease. If you wanna win the game come out strong on offense and play from ahead. Any decent offense would have put up at least 14 in the first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post

Agreed!!!
                            I know the defense wasn't great but did people watch the first half? The offense was a complete joke. All the comeback crap is a tease. If you wanna win the game come out strong on offense and play from ahead. Any decent offense would have put up at least 14 in the first half.
                            The Broncos lost the game in all three phases today, Special Teams because of Jones' penalty. But no one can defend this offense, and QB right now. They're 18 for 63 (28.5%) on third down won the season, but that includes 7 conversions in week 1, from week 2 to 5 they're 11 of 48 (23%) on first down. That falls all too often on the QB throwing for 5 yard completions on 3rd and 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Except they had zero objective evidence to think Allen was going to be a great quarterback. He had bust written all over him, based on the objective evidence.
                              Lol. Allen had 5000+ yards, 44 TD and 137.7 rating in just over 2 seasons at Wyoming. He did the work to go from junior college to Wyoming. He also had pro days and evaluation at the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post

Agreed!!!
                                Agree. Not to say the defense doesn’t have room to improve, but they are far from the biggest issue for losing the last two games.

Comment

Working...
                                X