The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

12 out of 20 attempts for 111 yards? I think Tebow is still willing to play QB if that is the kind of QB you looking for.

Look to be real I said in the beginning of this thread we will not know who Justin Fields is until probably end of year 2 / start of year 3. Even if he does do well there is no guarantee he does well with this offensive coaching. Right now he has more ints than TDs and a Qb rating of 64.5. Maybe you feeling we missed out but I need to see something more.

You do realize that the Bears offense has very little talent?

They have a bottom 3 O-line, mediocre backfield, and one decent receiver. Their current PFF team grade is 28th, and that's with a defense that's allowing the 7th least amount of points.

Also, do you watch Fields play? He's been making throws that most QBs cannot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

They have a bottom 3 O-line, mediocre backfield, and one decent receiver. Their current PFF team grade is 28th, and that's with a defense that's allowing the 7th least amount of points.

I will say this what rookie qb is looking good. Lawrence??? "I told everyone he will be with good qb bit NOT some generational qb most think". Zack "come out the blue Wilson. Now I did say if he could speed up his qb clock and still be accurate he will be good.? Trey Lance "can be very good just need more time and starts"? Mac Jones "sorry your not Brady "?

What I do know that in less games started he has more win than ALL of the 3 qbs.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

On Sunday he had a really nice throw for a TD on a rollout. I haven’t been able to watch many plays but that play was nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I will say this what rookie qb is looking good. Lawrence??? "I told everyone he will be with good qb bit NOT some generational qb most think". Zack "come out the blue Wilson. Now I did say if he could speed up his qb clock and still be accurate he will be good.? Trey Lance "can be very good just need more time and starts"? Mac Jones "sorry your not Brady "?

What I do know that in less games started he has more win than ALL of the 3 qbs.
          Hey dude...not sure what you mean by some of this. Lots of question marks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hey dude...not sure what you mean by some of this. Lots of question marks.

You must not follow all his posts. Let me interpret. I may miss a few nuances, but basically:

“Lock sucks and I am the smartest in the room”

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

You must not follow all his posts. Let me interpret. I may miss a few nuances, but basically:

“Lock sucks and I am the smartest in the room”

Oh I see....so obvious I don't know how I missed it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

12 out of 20 attempts for 111 yards? I think Tebow is still willing to play QB if that is the kind of QB you looking for.

Look to be real I said in the beginning of this thread we will not know who Justin Fields is until probably end of year 2 / start of year 3. Even if he does do well there is no guarantee he does well with this offensive coaching. Right now he has more ints than TDs and a Qb rating of 64.5. Maybe you feeling we missed out but I need to see something more.
                Ok. I see what you are doing here. But, first, a Tebow stat line would be like 1/7 for 39 yards and 2 interceptions with a 56 yard scamper for a touchdown to win the game at the last second.

The point is this. Sure the rookie quarterbacks are going to have a learning curve. But would you rather be in the situation of potentially having drafted your franchise QB and facing a year of growing pains or in our situation of perpetually being in quarterback obscurity with no end to that in sight?

I’d take the Bears situation in a heartbeat over ours any day right now. Same of the Jags, Jet’s, 49ers, Pats. Teams where it may not work out, but at least they are throwing in and giving themselves a decent chance of finding a legit starting quarterback, the most important position in all of football, that will settle their teams for years to come. We had that chance and for some reason thought it was better to pass on that chance and go corner because “starting cornerbacks are hard to come by” (Paton). Really? And starting quarterbacks grow on trees? Or perhaps are easily obtained in the second round of the draft (not true statistically) or via a trade for a sixth round draft pick (absurd).

The problem I have with your point is that it’s analysis paralysis. Sure, we won’t know if Fields pans out for awhile. So what? Better to not try at all? And the same could be said of any rookie including Surtain. And I also know that even if Surtain has a HOF career, if we don’t find a legit starting quarterback it’s not going to matter.

I could keep going but it all boils down to this: there is no world, no perspective, no context, no situation in which it makes sense to manage the quarterback room like the Broncos have done. It's unacceptable performance. It’s a blunder. It’s not going to have any consequence because the Broncos lack accountability in coaching, in the front office and in ownership, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

This is what a failing organization looks like.
                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Drafting Paxton Lynch poisoned the well. The Broncos are avoiding risk of another 1st round bust. Lock was a safe option by using a 2nd round pick. If Lock developed into the long term guy, Elway looks like a genius. If not what’s the harm? But what happened with Lynch is embedded in the organization.

None of the draft picks are sure to pan out. However, when you don’t swing you are guaranteed to not hit the ball. When you don’t take the shot you can’t score.

The Broncos blundered another opportunity by passing on Fields and Jones.
                  Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-13-2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Darnold just took the Vikings to OT. (well Cousins has 40 secs to get the FG)

Think it is safe to put it on him as there have been a lot of dropped balls today including one on the start of the game tying drive when Darnold was throwing from the end zone.

He has looked pretty good even though he has been under serious pressure and his team mates dropping balls today.

edit - defense just let them down. Had a easy sack that would have left the Vikings in a long 3rd down situation deep in their part of the field. Guy missed the tackle and Cousins ran for 16 yards and 1st down. Couple plays later the vikings within career long distance of their kicker.
                    Last edited by Hadez; 10-17-2021, 01:32 PM.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                    X