Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

    when he is in a weak conference, very good line, two very good t.e. and decent wrs.....I think any of the 4 other qbs would have the exact same record. If Mac was on Chicago people would be saying a lot worst.

    So I'm guessing that you feel Jones is a leader huh.
    I honestly think Jones would be better for Chicago than Fields, because I think Jones is better suited for the offense Nagy is forcing Fields to run. Jones is all about being decisive with the football. McDaniels, on the other hand, would get more out of Fields than Nagy, IMO. I've always thought highly of Josh as an OC, and I believe he's an ideal coordinator to develop quarterbacks. Don't read too much into what I said. I'm not indicating that I want us to hire McDaniels. I can think of worse options though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

      when he is in a weak conference, very good line, two very good t.e. and decent wrs.....I think any of the 4 other qbs would have the exact same record. If Mac was on Chicago people would be saying a lot worst.

      So I'm guessing that you feel Jones is a leader huh.
      I dont have strong feelings either way about him. Didn't see enough out of him in college to say so.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

        I honestly think Jones would be better for Chicago than Fields, because I think Jones is better suited for the offense Nagy is forcing Fields to run. Jones is all about being decisive with the football. McDaniels, on the other hand, would get more out of Fields than Nagy, IMO. I've always thought highly of Josh as an OC, and I believe he's an ideal coordinator to develop quarterbacks. Don't read too much into what I said. I'm not indicating that I want us to hire McDaniels. I can think of worse options though.
        Idk bc we are basing his decision making on him and that's true but he as time to make his decisions. In Chicago I don't think he would have that time. Chicago wr are long ball wrs. He bought that same offense from kc to Chicago they go deep lol.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Gsam View Post

          I dont have strong feelings either way about him. Didn't see enough out of him in college to say so.
          Fair enough.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

          Comment


          • Chicago has one of, if not the worst, offensive lines. They're down to their 3rd string running back and their receivers, aside from Robinson, aren't great. Throw in that Fields is a rookie, and it's no surprise that he's struggling.

            Next year will be a more definitive of what kind of quarterback he is. And I think he makes a substantial leap.

            As a general rule, I try not to judge rookie quarterbacks too harshly. But I expect a decent jump in their sophomore year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

              Idk bc we are basing his decision making on him and that's true but he as time to make his decisions. In Chicago I don't think he would have that time. Chicago wr are long ball wrs. He bought that same offense from kc to Chicago they go deep lol.
              I think you're right that Nagy WANTS to be vertical, but that offense just hasn't been able to do that since 2018. When you got a Foles or Dalton in there, the ball's going to come out earlier, and usually taking what's there. That's more of what you're going to get from Jones.

              Also, I think it's time to grab the brakes a little on Robinson right now. Go watch this dude play this year with Fields in there. He's out there mailing it in at times. You could give Fields some of the blame for that, but Fields isn't physically forcing him to bail on routes or contested balls either. I know Robinson has been pretty good, historically speaking, but Broncos fans would be killing him worse than they used to kill Thomas right now.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                I was waiting on a post like this. Honest how of the game did you "actually watch"???

                Probably gonna lie anyway....but for us that actually watch and break down film and not just look at highlights. 2 out of the 3 ints was not his fault. Both fumbles is on him he has to hold on to the ball. He has not wrs out side of Robinson and trash online and down to 3rd string rb....Im loving all the people tall crap "after" every bad game he has. I'm gonna love even more when I right like I was soooo many qbs on here.
                I was waiting on a post like this...You think you watching "film" makes you an authority? Plus, your "argument" is that NFL personal people don't. I'll try to explain to you why your 'reasoning" is so bad. Gsam didn't claim to be an expert. Gsam said NFL experts may have seen something.

                So you make up that you have some sort of "expertise' that the rest of us don't. Your "plea to authority" fallacies are hilarious.

                The FACTS are, Lock as a rookie FAR OUTPLAYED what Fields is doing as a rookie. It's not even close. You can make excuses for Fields, but the reality is when Lock replaced Flacco, the Broncos improved. When Fields replaced Dalton, the Bears have gotten worse. You'd think with all of your "expert film watching" you would have noticed this. Excuses. Excuses. You can watch all the film you want, but with your well-documented confirmation bias shown over and over, I'll pass on your "expert" opinion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                  The FACTS are, Lock as a rookie FAR OUTPLAYED what Fields is doing as a rookie. It's not even close. You can make excuses for Fields, but the reality is when Lock replaced Flacco, the Broncos improved. When Fields replaced Dalton, the Bears have gotten worse. You'd think with all of your "expert film watching" you would have noticed this. Excuses. Excuses. You can watch all the film you want, but with your well-documented confirmation bias shown over and over, I'll pass on your "expert" opinion.
                  Lock definitely had more success right away. I really thought Scangarello did a great job of keeping things simple for Lock with half field reads, lots of PA, max protect, and had a decent OL with a Pro Bowl Courtland Sutton to boot. Lock showed a lot of promise and the tools that had a lot of us optimistic going into 2020.

                  Sorry, I must have missed when any of this Fields discussion today had anything to do with Lock though. It’s two different situations that occurred in two different offensive units, with different systems and different personnel. It’s not as black-and-white as one team “improved” and the other team got “worse”, so the QB on the “improved” side must be so much better!

                  When you watch film, you start to see nuances in the game and you see where assignments are executed and failed. From the QB’s eyes and mechanics, to the blocking of the OL and RB, to the route running of the receivers— a lot of things have to happen in order for success to happen on the play. And that’s not even mentioning how we have to look at the kind of coverages the defense is playing and what kind of pressure they’re bringing. So to me, there are REASONS why Fields is not doing well. Not excuses. Yes, Fields is responsible for some of the struggles offensively and he definitely should not be free of blame— BUT that Chicago OL is terrible, especially since they cut both of their OT starters from last year and their 2nd round rookie is injured. Is he holding onto the ball a bit too long at times, trying to let routes develop or make a play? Yes. Are some of the decisions he’s making with the football questionable? Yes. Is Matt Nagy an inept play-caller viewed by Bears fans as their version of Shurmur? Yes. Is Tampa Bay a pretty darn good defense that just won the Super Bowl and also absolutely embarrassed us last year too? Yes.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                    I’m all for taking yac away from qbs.

                    They will always get stuck with ints. That doesn’t mean we can’t fairly analyze them and identify who is actually responsible.
                    It's funny people only want to have this talk when it's their guy
                    sigpic

                    Hooray, beer!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                      It's funny people only want to have this talk when it's their guy
                      Fields isn’t my guy. I wanted Parsons.

                      At this point, I am happy for Fields that the Broncos didn’t draft him. He might actually have a chance to succeed.

                      Maybe Mac Jones would have been a good choice, if they were going to draft a quarterback.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                        Fields isn’t my guy. I wanted Parsons.

                        At this point, I am happy for Fields that the Broncos didn’t draft him. He might actually have a chance to succeed.

                        Maybe Mac Jones would have been a good choice, if they were going to draft a quarterback.
                        Parsons, suspended in HS for inciting a riot. He didn’t learn from that issue, so he was suspended again in college for assaulting a teammate and setting up a ring of teammates to continue harassing the player he assaulted.

                        Weird how your purity test for Watson didn’t apply to Parsons.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                          It's funny people only want to have this talk when it's their guy
                          Well, it’s Lock’s fault when he stares down an out-route to a TE that goes for a pick six against KC at home and it isn’t Lock’s fault when his throw bounces off of Hamilton’s hands in the second game against LAC that resulted in a pick.

                          Not every INT was Lock’s fault because there were instances where the receiver couldn’t reel it in or there was miscommunication on the route. But watch this and tell me how many of the 15 INTs were on Lock?

                          I don’t have anything against the guy, but there were just some boneheaded decisions there. He tried doing too much and it costed us the game early on at times.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                            I was waiting on a post like this...You think you watching "film" makes you an authority? Plus, your "argument" is that NFL personal people don't. I'll try to explain to you why your 'reasoning" is so bad. Gsam didn't claim to be an expert. Gsam said NFL experts may have seen something.

                            So you make up that you have some sort of "expertise' that the rest of us don't. Your "plea to authority" fallacies are hilarious.

                            The FACTS are, Lock as a rookie FAR OUTPLAYED what Fields is doing as a rookie. It's not even close. You can make excuses for Fields, but the reality is when Lock replaced Flacco, the Broncos improved. When Fields replaced Dalton, the Bears have gotten worse. You'd think with all of your "expert film watching" you would have noticed this. Excuses. Excuses. You can watch all the film you want, but with your well-documented confirmation bias shown over and over, I'll pass on your "expert" opinion.
                            Bruh ....this guy.....smart one....not making excuse bc I clearly said the fumbles is on him.

                            You can compare lock to Fields all you smart guy, just further lets me know that you know nothing..

                            Ryan leaf came out the gate waaaaay better than Manning and how did that turn out. where is lock now and how did he turn out lmao. I'm your words SO FAR I WAS RIGHT ABOUT LOCK TOO JUST ANOTHER ONE TO ADD.

                            I don't speak about no other positions bc I dont care so when it comes to qb I will call truth bc I KNOW what I'm talking about.

                            But hey you're the "smart guy" lmao...ok Bruh whatever.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              Lock definitely had more success right away. I really thought Scangarello did a great job of keeping things simple for Lock with half field reads, lots of PA, max protect, and had a decent OL with a Pro Bowl Courtland Sutton to boot. Lock showed a lot of promise and the tools that had a lot of us optimistic going into 2020.

                              Sorry, I must have missed when any of this Fields discussion today had anything to do with Lock though. It’s two different situations that occurred in two different offensive units, with different systems and different personnel. It’s not as black-and-white as one team “improved” and the other team got “worse”, so the QB on the “improved” side must be so much better!

                              When you watch film, you start to see nuances in the game and you see where assignments are executed and failed. From the QB’s eyes and mechanics, to the blocking of the OL and RB, to the route running of the receivers— a lot of things have to happen in order for success to happen on the play. And that’s not even mentioning how we have to look at the kind of coverages the defense is playing and what kind of pressure they’re bringing. So to me, there are REASONS why Fields is not doing well. Not excuses. Yes, Fields is responsible for some of the struggles offensively and he definitely should not be free of blame— BUT that Chicago OL is terrible, especially since they cut both of their OT starters from last year and their 2nd round rookie is injured. Is he holding onto the ball a bit too long at times, trying to let routes develop or make a play? Yes. Are some of the decisions he’s making with the football questionable? Yes. Is Matt Nagy an inept play-caller viewed by Bears fans as their version of Shurmur? Yes. Is Tampa Bay a pretty darn good defense that just won the Super Bowl and also absolutely embarrassed us last year too? Yes.
                              Thanks....but he is an espn highlight watcher so I take what he says with a grain of salt. It's a very select few on here I can talk qb bc I know they have a good understanding and view on the position. I may not always agree but I can respect their logic. He is NoT one of them. Sooooo it is what it is.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                                Parsons, suspended in HS for inciting a riot. He didn’t learn from that issue, so he was suspended again in college for assaulting a teammate and setting up a ring of teammates to continue harassing the player he assaulted.

                                Weird how your purity test for Watson didn’t apply to Parsons.
                                He ain't gonna reply to this lmao
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X