Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

He ain't gonna reply to this lmao
    I know right? It’s crazy to see people nit pick Watson as a quarterback while our offense can barely manage a first down in an entire half of a game.

Comment

• Update:

Bridgewater and Darnold still stink. Bridgewater is slightly better at the moment but you need a magnifying glass to see the slim gap.

Winston is out for the year.

Fields still looking like a rookie on a bad team.

Lock....keeping the bench warm.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Update:

Bridgewater and Darnold still stink. Bridgewater is slightly better at the moment but you need a magnifying glass to see the slim gap.

Winston is out for the year.

Fields still looking like a rookie on a bad team.

Lock....keeping the bench warm.
        …and Cooper Rush

Comment

• Fields is on the 2nd worst team in the league with arguably the worst line in the league. Look at this throw. There are very few QBs that can make this play.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/justin-fi...to-jesse-james

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
            Fields is on the 2nd worst team in the league with arguably the worst line in the league. Look at this throw. There are very few QBs that can make this play.

I know right? How amazing would it be to have a bright young player like this as a cornerstone that you are building a team around.

Meanwhile we are building around…..Chubb? Surtain? How’s that working out? Bolles? Please.

Bears and Broncos are both bad, but one is a punchline in a bad joke wallowing in league misery. Hint: it’s not the Bears and there’s a reason why these teams are in very different situations right now. It’s called hope.

“Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best thing.”

- Shawshank Redemption
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Fields is on the 2nd worst team in the league with arguably the worst line in the league. Look at this throw. There are very few QBs that can make this play.

Saw that play yesterday - exceptional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I know right? How amazing would it be to have a bright young player like this as a cornerstone that you are building a team around.

Meanwhile we are building around…..Chubb? Surtain? How’s that working out? Bolles? Please.

Bears and Broncos are both bad, but one is a punchline in a bad joke wallowing in league misery. Hint: it’s not the Bears and there’s a reason why these teams are in very different situations right now. It’s called hope.

“Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best thing.”

- Shawshank Redemption
                Trading Von today was the most encouraged I’ve been about the Broncos in several years. Elway was stuck in the past thinking the roster was a player away like signing Gordon. No disrespect to Von it was simply time to turn the page. Still didn’t agree with drafting Surtain - maybe some day my mind will be changed.

I’m still skeptical Paton will have the true final say on the big decisions especially coaches.

Comment

• Justin Fields won PFF Rookie of the Week. This is with the lowest-rated line in the NFL, a rookie backup RB, and mediocre receivers. Every day I want to *****slap Paton.

Comment

• I have some names for you...JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, PAXTON LYNCH...just cause Fields made rookie of the week means zero long term...the forementioned group all made incredible wow throws and won some games...by year 3...we'll know. Playing QB in the NFL takes more than just flashly talent...and..btw...he appeared to be pouting in the loss to Tampa....not rallying the troops...attitude is everything..we'll see.Hope he does well...Chicago is due...and of course that the football gods bless Denver again soon..there's talent out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suntom View Post
                      I have some names for you...JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, PAXTON LYNCH...just cause Fields made rookie of the week means zero long term...the forementioned group all made incredible wow throws and won some games...by year 3...we'll know. Playing QB in the NFL takes more than just flashly talent...and..btw...he appeared to be pouting in the loss to Tampa....not rallying the troops...attitude is everything..we'll see. Hope he does well...Chicago is due...and of course that the football gods bless Denver again soon..there's talent out there.
                      You're comparing apples to oranges.

Russell was a fatass and was dumb AF.
                      "WOW, you can really see a difference in physique between Fields and Lance. Fields looks like he could play linebacker!" - Greg Papa
                      Justin Fields scored the highest score ever on the new NFL aptitude test. Not just better than other NFL players, every athlete that's taken it.

Ryan Leaf was also dumb (see above) and was slow AF
                      Fields ran a sub 4.4 40-yard dash last Spring.

Akili Smith? Why is his name in here? Because he's BLACK? Are you one of those people who thinks Justin Fields is a run-first QB? He broke passing records in the BIG10 and at OSU. He dropped 6 TDs on Clemson in the Playoffs last year.

Paxton Lynch? When was he ever **** until dip****s in the front office drafted him? He was a reach.

I don't know what "FLASHY" play means, maybe code for black mobile QB, who knows. The kid is a DYNAMIC playmaker, that likes to throw from the pocket, but obviously can extend the play with his remarkable athleticism. He wasn't pouting he was crying due to frustration. He plays behind the worst line in the NFL. Their PFF Team Rating was 28th going into Sunday's game.

Look at this throw. How many QBs in the NFL can make this throw? Not many.

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/j...e-james-for-td

The guy is smart, athletic, wants to win, and a class act.

Comment

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Russell was a fatass and was dumb AF.
                        "WOW, you can really see a difference in physique between Fields and Lance. Fields looks like he could play linebacker!" - Greg Papa
                        Justin Fields scored the highest score ever on the new NFL aptitude test. Not just better than other NFL players, every athlete that's taken it.

Ryan Leaf was also dumb (see above) and was slow AF
                        Fields ran a sub 4.4 40-yard dash last Spring.

Akili Smith? Why is his name in here? Because he's BLACK? Are you one of those people who thinks Justin Fields is a run-first QB? He broke passing records in the BIG10 and at OSU. He dropped 6 TDs on Clemson in the Playoffs last year.

Paxton Lynch? When was he ever **** until dip****s in the front office drafted him? He was a reach.

I don't know what "FLASHY" play means, maybe code for black mobile QB, who knows. The kid is a DYNAMIC playmaker, that likes to throw from the pocket, but obviously can extend the play with his remarkable athleticism. He wasn't pouting he was crying due to frustration. He plays behind the worst line in the NFL. Their PFF Team Rating was 28th going into Sunday's game.

Look at this throw. How many QBs in the NFL can make this throw? Not many.

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/j...e-james-for-td

The guy is smart, athletic, wants to win, and a class act.
                        Before this turns into a race baiting thing, here are two Broncos QBs that a lot love to hate that makes equally impressive passes.
                        The first one is a carbon copy https://youtu.be/T3kzPC86GbQ?t=336 by the left handed QB that many say could not throw
                        The other an athletic touchdown by our current starting QB who supposedly is also worthless - https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...on-fourth-down

It is really sad that fans do not appreciate the good that our different QBs bring, like Teddy that really places the ball well and is pretty good at extending plays.
                        It is a joy to see how the Broncos did this week and crow should be on the menu for many.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Before this turns into a race baiting thing, here are two Broncos QBs that a lot love to hate that makes equally impressive passes.
                          The first one is a carbon copy https://youtu.be/T3kzPC86GbQ?t=336 by the left handed QB that many say could not throw
                          The other an athletic touchdown by our current starting QB who supposedly is also worthless - https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...on-fourth-down

It is really sad that fans do not appreciate the good that our different QBs bring, like Teddy that really places the ball well and is pretty good at extending plays.
                          It is a joy to see how the Broncos did this week and crow should be on the menu for many.
                          Did you watch MNF last night? He made more AMAZING THROWS. Not just the one Tebow had his whole career. Comparing the two QBs is laughable. Drafting Tebow was a huge mistake like passing on Fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eG9Zq0nKeA

Sure I'm happy they beat Dallas, who wouldn't be. We'll see how well Teddy can extend plays next week with a patch 0-line.

As far as Fields, he was the highest-graded QB of the week from PFF!

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...-in-the-world/

Surtain's rating isn't even in the top 4 for rookie CBs this year and Fields is putting up numbers while behind the lowest-rated offensive line in the NFL.

Keep polishing that turd.

Comment

Didn't Justin Herbert walk into the worst line in football last year and throw 3-1 TD-INT with like 30 some TDs? Winning OROY? with a lame duck head coach?

Fields is way way way behind Herbert. I would of been find drafting Fields at the time but now I'm content we did not. He could take a big jump forward with a good HC but who coudln't?

Comment

• Going back to the original point of the thread:

So far, it looks like I'm going to come out in the wrong in regards to Darnold being a better option than Bridgewater. Still have several weeks to go but Darnold has been trending downward while Teddy was able to have a little bit of a rebound this week.

Won't know about Teddy vs Winston since Jameis' season is over.

Lock has become irrelevant. Just never thought he was a franchise quarterback.

Fields has shown improvement. If the Bears can build around him, I think he'll take major strides next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                                Fields has shown improvement. If the Bears can build around him, I think he'll take major strides next year.
                                One could argue that Fields would have been a better option than Teddy just based off of upside.

That being said, if the Broncos were going to draft a quarterback, Mac Jones would have been the way to go. Shurmur would have zero clue as to how to work with Fields. Jones might not have the higher ceiling, but I think he would have provided more hope for the future than Bridgewater.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X