No announcement yet.

The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bad considering the line he's been playing behind and the decimated receiving corps.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      Going back to the original point of the thread:

So far, it looks like I'm going to come out in the wrong in regards to Darnold being a better option than Bridgewater. Still have several weeks to go but Darnold has been trending downward while Teddy was able to have a little bit of a rebound this week.

Won't know about Teddy vs Winston since Jameis' season is over.

Lock has become irrelevant. Just never thought he was a franchise quarterback.

Fields has shown improvement. If the Bears can build around him, I think he'll take major strides next year.
      Well now Darnold is out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury. So at this points for 2021 it’s a done deal that Teddy was the better option. For the future who knows.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

Did you watch MNF last night? He made more AMAZING THROWS. Not just the one Tebow had his whole career. Comparing the two QBs is laughable. Drafting Tebow was a huge mistake like passing on Fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eG9Zq0nKeA

Sure I'm happy they beat Dallas, who wouldn't be. We'll see how well Teddy can extend plays next week with a patch 0-line.

As far as Fields, he was the highest-graded QB of the week from PFF!

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...-in-the-world/

Surtain's rating isn't even in the top 4 for rookie CBs this year and Fields is putting up numbers while behind the lowest-rated offensive line in the NFL.

Keep polishing that turd.
        It is always interesting to hear how great a QB that has 4TD, 7INT, has taken 27 sacks in 7 games and has gone 2-5 is. Your ability to evaluate talent must be amazing since you KNOW that it is detrimental to the Broncos to instead have a QB that has gone 5-4, has scored 14TD, 5INT and has us in playoff contention in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

It is comical to hear that a QB with a win percentage worse than Orton in his worst year is the future QB we should have taken, and now we are destined to fail. It is comical that the only QB we have ever drafted who har won in the playoffs for us was a huge mistake. Lets get a QB that can win 30% of games and is amont the least efficient QBs in the NFL - that is the future!

Comment

• Imagine comparing a 7 year veteran to a rookie quarterback, when the veteran was outplayed by Case Keenum, another veteran the Broncos thought would help contend in the AFC West.

Comment

• So far teddy has exceded my expectations. However I wasnt expecting very much out of him. I thought he would grade out as about a D+ qb and I would say he has been a C-. I really hope hes not the plan for next year. I cant take another year of below average qb play.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Well now Darnold is out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury. So at this points for 2021 it’s a done deal that Teddy was the better option. For the future who knows.
              Agreed. I'll take the loss on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                So far teddy has exceded my expectations. However I wasnt expecting very much out of him. I thought he would grade out as about a D+ qb and I would say he has been a C-. I really hope hes not the plan for next year. I cant take another year of below average qb play.
                Teddy is a quarterback that, if everything around him is perfect, you can win with sometimes. He never was, or will be, a quarterback you win because of.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Teddy is a quarterback that, if everything around him is perfect, you can win with sometimes. He never was, or will be, a quarterback you win because of.
                  But you can win a championship with a QB that you don’t win because of. Just ask Trent Dilfer.
                  sigpic

Comment

But you can win a championship with a QB that you don’t win because of. Just ask Trent Dilfer.
                    Hard to justify keeping someone around because of an extreme outlier like that Ravens team. You're basically asking the broncos to have an elite team that can stay healthy all year and perform magic in the playoffs.

It CAN happen. The odds are very very low though. To have any consistent success you have to have an answer at qb.

Comment

Dilfer was sent packing after that Super Bowl.

Guys like Teddy need a great defense and running game in order win a Super Bowl.

When Elway took over, he said his goal was to compete from now on. Teddy doesn’t provide that ability. He only has the ability for a one off, if everything thing else is perfect.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I really hate that the multi quote option was removed. So I’ll just respond to both of you at once.

I wasn’t saying Teddy is the long term answer for the next 5-10 years. I guess my point is more that as unlikely as it is to do much damage the remainder of the season his performance has been good enough this year that with a solid ground game and good defense he could still win a Super Bowl this year. After all a 9-7 Giants won it in unlikely fashion. I also think if it were to happen we wouldn’t be the type of franchise to still dump him. But they would likely still draft a QB to learn behind him.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really hate that the multi quote option was removed. So I’ll just respond to both of you at once.

I wasn’t saying Teddy is the long term answer for the next 5-10 years. I guess my point is more that as unlikely as it is to do much damage the remainder of the season his performance has been good enough this year that with a solid ground game and good defense he could still win a Super Bowl this year. After all a 9-7 Giants won it in unlikely fashion. I also think if it were to happen we wouldn’t be the type of franchise to still dump him. But they would likely still draft a QB to learn behind him.
                          When you quote multiple posts, look at the top left corner where it says "Post Reply (X)". Clicking on that button will automatically put all the posts you quoted into the reply box. I know, it's weird.

About Teddy though, I think he's better than the likes of Trent Dilfer, but he is still a quarterback who needs to have a strong running game. But I have to admit that Teddy has been better than I thought he would be, and I already expected him to be better than he was in Carolina last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

It is always interesting to hear how great a QB that has 4TD, 7INT, has taken 27 sacks in 7 games and has gone 2-5 is. Your ability to evaluate talent must be amazing since you KNOW that it is detrimental to the Broncos to instead have a QB that has gone 5-4, has scored 14TD, 5INT and has us in playoff contention in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

It is comical to hear that a QB with a win percentage worse than Orton in his worst year is the future QB we should have taken, and now we are destined to fail. It is comical that the only QB we have ever drafted who har won in the playoffs for us was a huge mistake. Lets get a QB that can win 30% of games and is amont the least efficient QBs in the NFL - that is the future!
                            Fields also leads the NFL in fumbles with 8. Teddy has 1 and Teddy historically doesn't fumble. I've always wondered why a QB's fumble rate is never considered?

Fields:
                            4 tds 8 ints 8 fumbles

Teddy:
                            14 TDs 5 INTs 1 fumble

The Bears were 8-8 last year and 1-1 with Dalton this year. They are 2-5 with Fields. The Broncos were 5-11 last year and are now 5-4 with Teddy.

But Teddy is a veteran, right? As if people around here would allow a rookie to go 2-5 with twice as many fumbles as TDs and twice as many INTs as TDs too. Sure you would.

Anyone want to compare Fields to Lock's rookie year? Consider Lock took over a team with a worse record than Fields did. How do their rookie stats match up?

Or how about comparing Fields to another rookie Mac Jones? This isn't a Bears or Buckeye fan forum, why isn't there more talk about the rookie QB that was available that's played the best?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Dilfer was sent packing after that Super Bowl.

Guys like Teddy need a great defense and running game in order win a Super Bowl.

When Elway took over, he said his goal was to compete from now on. Teddy doesn’t provide that ability. He only has the ability for a one off, if everything thing else is perfect.
                              Yes, and it took Baltimore 6 years to find a QB that won more than the 11 games that Dilfer won.
                              It is funny how a QB that took over a 5-3 team, lost the first game after that and then won 11 in a row scoring an average of 26.2 points per game is an example of what not to do. That trash QB was replaced by a talented QB that the following year put up 18.5 points/game.

Maybe just maybe there are QBs that play safe and can put up points when needed.
                              I am happy we have Teddy, and I would be even more pleased if we had someone even better, but discounting a QB that week after week does enough to win. Lets take Dilfer - over the 11 wins they won by two scores 9 times, one of the close games was a GWD

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

This is what I find perplexing. I’m not going to say that I know for a fact that Justin Fields is the next hall of fame QB, and sure, there are some struggles but there’s also signs there of promise and viewing it through the rookie learning curve, how can you not be a little intrigued?

And here’s the crux of what I find ridiculous about this argument. What’s the alternative? What are you proposing? I hear a number of you saying “well drafting a quarterback in the first round is far from a sure thing!” True, but then what? Don’t try? Keep taking journeyman quarterbacks that keep us dwelling in the halls of irrelevance? Are you suggesting that drafting a quarterback in the second round gives us a better chance? For those of you citing stats centered around Tom Brady do you advocate we only select quarterbacks in the sixth round? Are any of you bold (and silly) enough to argue that we have a higher statistical chance of finding a starting quarterback those other ways? Do you really think that it’s more likely we trade for Rogers or Watson? Those are blockbuster deals, Bradford was a huge trade that you just don’t see very often in the NFL, a high price paid, and Bradford is no Rogers or Watson to be sure.

For those of you throwing up the four games Lock had as a rookie before he completely regressed, is Lock your plan for the future moving forward? Shall we sign him to a big contract? Really? Oh we’re just going to ignore last year? OTA’s? Training camp? Preseason? He was stellar coming in when TB got hurt right? Oh wait….hmmmm.

I hear a lot of posters saying that continually passing on a quarterback in the first round is the right way to go. Well, what’s your proposal to fix that position because that is the approach we have been taking and the quarterback room has been utterly broken for seven years. Your approach has been tried and has failed to this point so the burden of proof is on you to argue why we shouldn’t take a different approach.

And before you get too comfortable with Teddy B, remember, he’s destined to be a one year starter for us. If he’s good enough (debatable) to get us in to the playoffs, his free agency price tag is going to be probably bigger than we could (or should) afford. If he’s not good enough to get us into the playoffs, why would you pursue and overpay him? So what’s your realistic plan for 2022? I know one thing, there is more hope for the quarterback position in Chicago to vastly improve over the next few years than we have in Denver.

Yes, drafting a QB in the first round will produce the Paxton Lynch’s and Tim Tebow’s of the world (although I would argue that Tebow was not a valid first round pick as nobody else other than McD thought so). And I’ll admit, Fields may turn out to be a bust. Trying in this world is sometimes going to fail. But sticking with it would have gotten us Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones. I would rather have any of those quarterbacks right now than what we have. Are you saying that you wouldn’t? And do you really think that Chubb, Jeudy and Surtain are more valuable than a legit starting quarterback? Are they going to be the missing cog in the wheel that is going to propel us to a championship? I don’t think so. Why you ask? Show me a division leader without a franchise quarterback right now in the NFL. Which is exactly why all of those players have been mentioned in the trade scenarios if a trade at quarterback were to happen. It’s because none of them are near as important as a legit, starting NFL quarterback. It’s a QB driven league, most important position in all of football and that even includes the coaches.

And if the goal is to win a super bowl, bar none there has been no higher yield area to find a super bowl winning quarterback than the first round of the draft. Nothing else is even close and even that includes the unicorns like Tom Brady.

So I’m calling out the posters that throw shade on Justin Fields. Instead of just ripping the idea of drafting him, give your long term solution at the quarterback position and make the argument for why that is a better way to go. I’m doubtful that you’ll be able to as I suspect once you stop defending the team decisions and strip away the Orange colored glasses and Kool-aid, there isn’t a whole lot of substance there for an alternative plan.
                                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
                                X