The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Watson has a greater chance of suspension - who would have imagined?
    Look who deflected again. Let's go back to your point. I'll repeat it for your convenience, since you seem to have forgotten what you typed:

The Browns aren’t losing Watson. A suspension isn’t losing a player.
    For some reason you think my point is about Watson being more likely to be suspended. That's not it. It's about how YOU SAID a suspension "isn't losing a player". In logical, rational discussions, this is what's known as a "red herring" fallacy. It's a way to change the subject in an attempt to distract from the original point that was made.

Now that we're back on track, please explain how a suspension "isn't losing a player"?

But I am glad we agree Watson is more likely to be suspended.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggbenns View Post
      Browns may not be able to trade Baker. If Watson gets a long suspension, they need a good QB.
      The NFL is trying to make the case for an indefinite suspension. I doubt they’ll win that argument considering two grand juries declined to indict him on criminal charges.

Comment

Wilson isn’t susceptible to injury?

Or, losing him to if his demands for $250+ million if the Broncos don’t want to pay that much - especially if he wants all of it guaranteed?
        Wilson has played in 158 of 160 games in his career. I would say pretty good chance he stays healthy.
        Most wins of any Qb during that period.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggbenns View Post
          Browns may not be able to trade Baker. If Watson gets a long suspension, they need a good QB.
          Actually, Mayfield is apparently not in line to replace Watson during any suspension.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            Wilson has played in 158 of 160 games in his career. I would say pretty good chance he stays healthy.
            Most wins of any Qb during that period.

Oh, since we’re using games to correlate probability, Wilson is 3-5 in the playoffs over two contract extensions - 15th in playoff wins during that period. Good chance he’ll lose more playoff games than wins with a contract extension.

Comment

Oh, since we’re using games to correlate probability, Wilson is 3-5 in the playoffs over two contract extensions - 15th in playoff wins during that period. Good chance he’ll lose more playoff games than wins with a contract extension.
              is that what happen to 0-3 Matt Stafford in the playoffs before last season ?

Some guy name John Elway was 1-3 in the playoffs before he got a coach name Mike Shannahan who he ended up going 7-0 with!!!!

Russell Wilson is actually 9-7 in the playoffs, with 2 conference titles and a Super bowl title.

He now goes to a team that was number 3 in points allowed last year.

The way I look at is Wilson lead his team to the playoffs in 2016,2018,219, & 2020 seasons.
              vs
              Broncos
              Semien, Lynch, Keenum, Oz, Flacco, Lock and Bridgewater have lead the Broncos to Zero from 2016 - 2021.

Comment

is that what happen to 0-3 Matt Stafford in the playoffs before last season ?

Some guy name John Elway was 1-3 in the playoffs before he got a coach name Mike Shannahan who he ended up going 7-0 with!!!!

Russell Wilson is actually 9-7 in the playoffs, with 2 conference titles and a Super bowl title.

He now goes to a team that was number 3 in points allowed last year.

The way I look at is Wilson lead his team to the playoffs in 2016,2018,219, & 2020 seasons.
                vs
                Broncos
                Semien, Lynch, Keenum, Oz, Flacco, Lock and Bridgewater have lead the Broncos to Zero from 2016 - 2021.
                Led his team to more playoff losses than wins following both contract extensions is what happened.

Fangio’s defense was good - he’s gone.

Comment

Led his team to more playoff losses than wins following both contract extensions is what happened.

Fangio’s defense was good - he’s gone.
                  Yes lead his team to playoffs which these team hasnt had since Peyton was here.

Notice you wont respond to Stafford or Elway turning around their playoff records before going on win streaks.

Fangio is gone but the players are all back plus healthy Josey Jewell, Bradley Chubb and the additions of DJ Jones, Randy Gregory, and rookie Nik Bonito! The new DC has a lot to prove but he doesn’t have a lack of talent.

Comment

Yes lead his team to playoffs which these team hasnt had since Peyton was here.

Notice you wont respond to Stafford or Elway turning around their playoff records before going on win streaks.

Fangio is gone but the players are all back plus healthy Josey Jewell, Bradley Chubb and the additions of DJ Jones, Randy Gregory, and rookie Nik Bonito! The new DC has a lot to prove but he doesn’t have a lack of talent.
                    Are you banking on Wilson having success in the playoffs (assuming leads the Broncos to the playoffs) because he has a 9-7 record?

Comment

Are you banking on Wilson having success in the playoffs (assuming leads the Broncos to the playoffs) because he has a 9-7 record?
                      No i’m banking on the following:
                      1. Russell Wilson leading his teams to the playoffs 8 out of 10 seasons, and 9 out of his 10 seasons having a winning record!!!!

2. Russell Wilson like John Elway with Shannahan gets for the first time in his career a Head Coach who will build an offense around him and what he does best.

3. I’m banking on the Blogs in points allowed defense that actually got better talent wise helping Russ like his early defense did in his career. Russ knows that he doesn’t have to make something happen ever play now he can rely on them.

4. A solid run game and a better oline should help him as well. Denver will now run a scheme that Bolles, Risner, Cushenberry, and Meinerz should all strive in. Billy Turner already knows it.

5. The seahawks and Pete Carroll were 14-18 before Wilson arrived in Seattle. Went onto win the franchises first Super bowl with Wilson and as good as that defense was they don’t beat SF without him in the NFC Championship.o

Last edited by 58Miller; 06-28-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

No i’m banking on the following:
                        1. Russell Wilson leading his teams to the playoffs 8 out of 10 seasons, and 9 out of his 10 seasons having a winning record!!!!

2. Russell Wilson like John Elway with Shannahan gets for the first time in his career a Head Coach who will build an offense around him and what he does best.

3. I’m banking on the Blogs in points allowed defense that actually got better talent wise helping Russ like his early defense did in his career. Russ knows that he doesn’t have to make something happen ever play now he can rely on them.

4. A solid run game and a better oline should help him as well. Denver will now run a scheme that Bolles, Risner, Cushenberry, and Meinerz should all strive in. Billy Turner already knows it.

5. The seahawks and Pete Carroll were 14-18 before Wilson arrived in Seattle. Went onto win the franchises first Super bowl with Wilson and as good as that defense was they don’t beat SF without him in the NFC Championship.o
                        Sounds very similar to another QB the Broncos traded for, along with an eerily similar plan.

Some guy named Joe Flacco, in 10 full seasons led the Ravens to the playoffs 6 of 10 times, 7 winning seasons, two Super Bowl appearances, Super Bowl Champion, Super Bowl MVP and 10-5 playoff record.

Fans counted on a defensive genius named Vic Fangio to limit opponent’s scoring. Flacco wouldn’t need to make a ton of plays they said. Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr, Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons would bring back the No Fly Zone.

There was no question about the running game with Phillip ‘Taz’ Lindsay and ‘Rolls’ Royce Freeman. They would dominate with an improved line built by Elway. Ja’Wuan James was the answer at RT. Who could go wrong with Ronald Leary from Dallas at Guard and a promising Dalton Risner?

I remember fans on this board laying out this plan with a proven winner named Joe Flacco, a guy who could push the ball downfield.

Comment

Sounds very similar to another QB the Broncos traded for, along with an eerily similar plan.

Some guy named Joe Flacco, in 10 full seasons led the Ravens to the playoffs 6 of 10 times, 7 winning seasons, two Super Bowl appearances, Super Bowl Champion, Super Bowl MVP and 10-5 playoff record.

Fans counted on a defensive genius named Vic Fangio to limit opponent’s scoring. Flacco wouldn’t need to make a ton of plays they said. Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr, Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons would bring back the No Fly Zone.

There was no question about the running game with Phillip ‘Taz’ Lindsay and ‘Rolls’ Royce Freeman. They would dominate with an improved line built by Elway. Ja’Wuan James was the answer at RT. Who could go wrong with Ronald Leary from Dallas at Guard and a promising Dalton Risner?

I remember fans on this board laying out this plan with a proven winner named Joe Flacco, a guy who could push the ball downfield.

Fair enough.
                          Broncos HC is an offensive minded coach who is building the team around Russ, Fangio was a Head Coach who wanted to be the DC, he was horrible in clock management and Flacco was also not good, seemed like he was collecting a check and going through the motions.
                          Russ looks like he wants to prove the media and people like you he can still play!

Comment

Fair enough.
                            Broncos HC is an offensive minded coach who is building the team around Russ, Fangio was a Head Coach who wanted to be the DC, he was horrible in clock management and Flacco was also not good, seemed like he was collecting a check and going through the motions.
                            Russ looks like he wants to prove the media and people like you he can still play!
                            This is revisionist history of how you portrayed Flacco after the trade. I recall your prediction in 2019: Flacco would lead the Broncos on a playoff run because he played on the big stage, could stand tall in the pocket and push the ball downfield.

On the other side, I correctly predicted Flacco’s best days we’re past and the Broncos made a mistake with the trade. This is not in dispute - results followed exactly as I predicted.

Nothing can be “proven” to me about how Russ will play because I haven’t predicted how he will play. I pointed out, accurately, his recent losing track record in the playoffs over the period of two contract extensions. Fans listen criticality to my posts, with sweeping judgements about what hasn’t been spoken. Having said that, it remains to be seen whether or not Wilson can break the recent downward playoff trend (assuming he can lead the Broncos to the playoffs).

I will wager on the trend and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Everybody knew that Joe Flacco would get all willy-nilly with a bad offensive line, once he had pressure up the middle, he would get Happy feet and blow it, because he couldn't scramble.
                              On the other hand Russell Wilson can scramble a bit and extend plays and make things happen. I think he's the closest thing to John Elway we've had, since Elway retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                Everybody knew that Joe Flacco would get all willy-nilly with a bad offensive line, once he had pressure up the middle, he would get Happy feet and blow it, because he couldn't scramble.
                                On the other hand Russell Wilson can scramble a bit and extend plays and make things happen. I think he's the closest thing to John Elway we've had, since Elway retired.

Not everybody. Some predicted Flacco would stand tall in the pocket and push the ball downfield. There was talk of Elway’s improved line with $55 million Ja’Wuan James, Ronald Leary, Dalton Risner and Bolles would finally improve in year three. Some predicted a playoff run with a Super Bowl winning caliber QB. Flacco won more playoff games and lost fewer than Russell Wilson when he arrived in Denver.

I was trashed by some fans for going against the Flacco hype, but I was correct in my assessment about how it would turnout.

Comment

Working...
                                X