The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

This is revisionist history of how you portrayed Flacco after the trade. I recall your prediction in 2019: Flacco would lead the Broncos on a playoff run because he played on the big stage, could stand tall in the pocket and push the ball downfield.

On the other side, I correctly predicted Flacco’s best days we’re past and the Broncos made a mistake with the trade. This is not in dispute - results followed exactly as I predicted.

Nothing can be “proven” to me about how Russ will play because I haven’t predicted how he will play. I pointed out, accurately, his recent losing track record in the playoffs over the period of two contract extensions. Fans listen criticality to my posts, with sweeping judgements about what hasn’t been spoken. Having said that, it remains to be seen whether or not Wilson can break the recent downward playoff trend (assuming he can lead the Broncos to the playoffs).

I will wager on the trend and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    I was 100% wrong on Flacco and I own that!

Does that mean I’m wrong on Russ? Fixing to find out!!!

I predict year one he gets us back to a winning record and a playoff berth. That is as far as I will go without seeing this coaching staff.

You have made a lot of posts about Russ and Jerry Jeudy, what is your prediction regarding them?

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      No i’m banking on the following:
      1. Russell Wilson leading his teams to the playoffs 8 out of 10 seasons, and 9 out of his 10 seasons having a winning record!!!!

2. Russell Wilson like John Elway with Shannahan gets for the first time in his career a Head Coach who will build an offense around him and what he does best.

3. I’m banking on the Blogs in points allowed defense that actually got better talent wise helping Russ like his early defense did in his career. Russ knows that he doesn’t have to make something happen ever play now he can rely on them.

4. A solid run game and a better oline should help him as well. Denver will now run a scheme that Bolles, Risner, Cushenberry, and Meinerz should all strive in. Billy Turner already knows it.

5. The seahawks and Pete Carroll were 14-18 before Wilson arrived in Seattle. Went onto win the franchises first Super bowl with Wilson and as good as that defense was they don’t beat SF without him in the NFC Championship.o
      You can argue that supposed great defense cost them their first trip to the SB when they could not hold a lead with 20 seconds to go. And cost them their 2nd SB win when they could not hold a 2-score lead with 9 minutes to go. In addition, they had that great defense and run games in 2011 and went 7-9. Next year with Wilson 12-4 enough said.
      Last edited by Deandc; 06-29-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

You can argue that supposed great defense cost them their first trip to the SB when they could not hold a lead with 20 seconds to go. And cost them their 2nd QB win when they could not hold a 2-score lead with 9 minutes to go. In addition, they had that great defense and run games in 2011 and went 7-9. Next year with Wilson 12-4 enough said.
        I remember then losing Jeremy Lane who was their slot guy, and Cliff Avril to injuries in the first half. Most forget Sherman played with torn ligaments in his elbow, Earl Thomas played with a torn labrum and Kam Chancellor played with a torn MCL. All injuries that would have put them IR had it not been the Super bowl. So you can blame the defense they also wouldn’t have been in the Super bowl without Russ and that Defense combined. As much as I like Russ I believe great teams win titles. John Elways best seasons he was blown out by hall of fame filled rosters from the NFC, then in his final years with a run game and bend dont break defense he finally won his first title’s. ( After Elway’s retirement Shanny and the Broncos missed his leadership, showing you need both a great team and QB)

Comment

Sounds very similar to another QB the Broncos traded for, along with an eerily similar plan.

Some guy named Joe Flacco, in 10 full seasons led the Ravens to the playoffs 6 of 10 times, 7 winning seasons, two Super Bowl appearances, Super Bowl Champion, Super Bowl MVP and 10-5 playoff record.

Fans counted on a defensive genius named Vic Fangio to limit opponent’s scoring. Flacco wouldn’t need to make a ton of plays they said. Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr, Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons would bring back the No Fly Zone.

There was no question about the running game with Phillip ‘Taz’ Lindsay and ‘Rolls’ Royce Freeman. They would dominate with an improved line built by Elway. Ja’Wuan James was the answer at RT. Who could go wrong with Ronald Leary from Dallas at Guard and a promising Dalton Risner?

I remember fans on this board laying out this plan with a proven winner named Joe Flacco, a guy who could push the ball downfield.

You are seriously comparing Flacco that Broncos paid a 4th round pick for with Wilson that we traded a boat load for.
          I am sorry for you that the incompetent QB that we drafted in 2019 was traded, but the rest of us are ecstatic.
          John Elway was 3-4 the last 10 seasons before winning it all behind TD
          Peyton Manning had a career 9-10 before coming to Denver.

Comment

I remember then losing Jeremy Lane who was their slot guy, and Cliff Avril to injuries in the first half. Most forget Sherman played with torn ligaments in his elbow, Earl Thomas played with a torn labrum and Kam Chancellor played with a torn MCL. All injuries that would have put them IR had it not been the Super bowl. So you can blame the defense they also wouldn’t have been in the Super bowl without Russ and that Defense combined. As much as I like Russ I believe great teams win titles. John Elways best seasons he was blown out by hall of fame filled rosters from the NFC, then in his final years with a run game and bend dont break defense he finally won his first title’s. ( After Elway’s retirement Shanny and the Broncos missed his leadership, showing you need both a great team and QB)
            And a lot forget they were down to their 2nd and 3rd string guards. number 3 wr was out, and Wilson was not 100% playing with a sore shoulder as well both sides were beaten up but 70% of the money was spent on the defense. I don't disagree it took both, my point was as some have made it was not like the defense was blameless or able to do much without Wilson.
            Last edited by Deandc; 06-29-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

You are seriously comparing Flacco that Broncos paid a 4th round pick for with Wilson that we traded a boat load for.
              I am sorry for you that the incompetent QB that we drafted in 2019 was traded, but the rest of us are ecstatic.
              John Elway was 3-4 the last 10 seasons before winning it all behind TD
              Peyton Manning had a career 9-10 before coming to Denver.
              Describe Wilson - what does he bring to the Broncos as former quarterback of the Seahawks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

And a lot forget they were down to their 2nd and 3rd string guards. Blogs wr was out, and Wilson was not 100% playing with a sore shoulder as well both sides were beaten up but 70% of the money was spent on the defense. I don't disagree it took both, my point was as some have made it was not like the defense was blameless or able to do much without Wilson.
                yeah pretty weird how Carroll won 7 games first two seasons and the 12 with Russ.

Comment

I was 100% wrong on Flacco and I own that!

Does that mean I’m wrong on Russ? Fixing to find out!!!

I predict year one he gets us back to a winning record and a playoff berth. That is as far as I will go without seeing this coaching staff.

You have made a lot of posts about Russ and Jerry Jeudy, what is your prediction regarding them?
                  If Wilson stays healthy 10 wins, 11 if the defense doesn’t drop too much.

Jeudy missed valuable reps dropping out of OTAs. Will wait to see if he holds up in camp/pre-season to make a call. I believe there’s a good chance he misses 3+ games due to injury.

Comment

If Wilson stays healthy 10 wins, 11 if the defense doesn’t drop too much.

Jeudy missed valuable reps dropping out of OTAs. Will wait to see if he holds up in camp/pre-season to make a call. I believe there’s a good chance he misses 3+ games due to injury.
                    Agreed. Not super high on Jeudy......I think Court re-takes that WR1 spot with authority. He didn't trust that knee last year...but his will be the year he shows out and gets back to being a top 5 WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Agreed. Not super high on Jeudy......I think Court re-takes that WR1 spot with authority. He didn't trust that knee last year...but his will be the year he shows out and gets back to being a top 5 WR.
                      For Sutton should also help to have Hamler back. Jeudy is very talented - almost to the point it works against him with the way he breaks on routes and cuts he makes to evade defenders. His frame is on the thin side. Hope he stays healthy just not convinced he can.

Comment

yeah pretty weird how Carroll won 7 games first two seasons and the 12 with Russ.
                        PC himself said "Let's say it this way: I've been here a long time, and if we didn't have Russell, I probably wouldn't have been here a long time," Carroll said when asked about how much Seattle misses Wilson. "

Enough said

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Okay 10 wins lets look at this

Well, I think they split in the division at worse so thats 3. The beat Seattle, Houston, SF, Jets, Jacksonville, Carolina, Indy, Tenn, AZ that's 12 right there.

Comment

Describe Wilson - what does he bring to the Broncos as former quarterback of the Seahawks?
                            It is as the current Broncos QB that he brings value. What he clearly brings is a level of leadership and football knowledge that we have not had at QB since Manning.
                            We are getting a QB that will be the difference maker between winning and loosing games. We have been horrendous at loosing close games and that is really a huge deal.
                            RW is mobile and can accurately get the ball to his receivers, as well as get the O-Line to line up efficiently and call coverage's.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

It is as the current Broncos QB that he brings value. What he clearly brings is a level of leadership and football knowledge that we have not had at QB since Manning.
                              We are getting a QB that will be the difference maker between winning and loosing games. We have been horrendous at loosing close games and that is really a huge deal.
                              RW is mobile and can accurately get the ball to his receivers, as well as get the O-Line to line up efficiently and call coverage's.
                              That is similar to how you described Joe Flacco after the trade to Denver. I recall your description of him:

Flacco’s prime responsibility was winning football games, not pretty passes and having individual stats. Flacco had had his team in the playoffs or competing for playoffs late into every season except one. Flacco has shown to be very coach-able, and to have the ability to play at an elite level in big moments.

Using your descriptions of Wilson and Flacco they sound comparable.

Comment

That is similar to how you described Joe Flacco after the trade to Denver. I recall your description of him:

Flacco’s prime responsibility was winning football games, not pretty passes and having individual stats. Flacco had had his team in the playoffs or competing for playoffs late into every season except one. Flacco has shown to be very coach-able, and to have the ability to play at an elite level in big moments.

Using your descriptions of Wilson and Flacco they sound comparable.
                                Well they are not really that comparable as Flacco came to Denver looking to resurrect a career where he had fallen off to a level where he lost his starting job. Russell is a player that commands one of the highest transfers ever.

Flacco had a lot of strengths, but he has never been considered elite in the way that RW is. In 2021 RW was considered the 12th best player in NFL amongst his peers - https://www.nfl.com/videos/top-100-p...l-wilson-no-12, and he was considered the Forum in 2020. It is so far above where Flacco was ever placed!

Comment

Working...
                                X