The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I thought Flacco would have been better than he was. I was told by big Ravens fans that he was still good, until he got rushed up the middle, then he was no good. They said as long as he has protection he will be alright, if not, forget about it.

Flacco has mostly required a very good to great oline.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Context matters - a poster has Flacco at #11 as QB and I write that he can move up and down that list based on situation - WOW - you got me.
      Matthew Stafford is around the top 10 QB and has just won a SB.
      Stafford has nothing to do with how you defended Flacco after the trade to Denver. Before the 2019 season you argued he was a guy you could win the Super Bowl with. Defended him as a guy who led the Ravens to the playoffs nearly every season. You said he played elite in big moments.

I took the other side, called out Flacco as mediocre and past his best days - before the season started. Took a lot of flack from Ravens and Broncos fans who went all in with Flacco.

Turned out I was absolutely correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Flacco has mostly required a very good to great oline.
        Nope. Ravens O-line ranked the 23rd in pass blocking in 2012 when he went on to win Super Bowl XLVII and named Super Bowl MVP.

Comment

• I think people can be “forgiven” for having optimism about Joe Flacco prior to the 2019 season starting. There is always hope until there isn’t, and eventually, there wasn’t.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            I think people can be “forgiven” for having optimism about Joe Flacco prior to the 2019 season starting. There is always hope until there isn’t, and eventually, there wasn’t.
            Especially when the previous QB's we're garbage. You're always hopeful it will be better.

Comment

• There’s a big difference between optimism for Flacco vs defending Flacco as a guy who could lead the Broncos to win a Super Bowl, telling other users at the time they don’t understand the role of a quarterback.

I took a ton of flack for saying Flacco was washed up - said so after the trade before the 2019 season started and turned out to be 100% correct. Maybe there should be some apologies to go along with forgiveness?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Especially when the previous QB's we're garbage. You're always hopeful it will be better.
                Well we also have gotten a QB with a much better track record with regards to his play and recent track record.
                Last edited by Deandc; 07-02-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Well we also have gotte4n a QB with a much better track record with regards to his play and recent track record.
                  Wilson’s recent track record is 6-8 in the regular season and 1-3 in the last four playoff games.

I’m hoping a fresh start and a new roster/coaches will result in better results than his recent record.

Comment

• Also prior to the injury, Wilson was top 3 in every single passing category. Unfortunately, his defense was bottom 5. Goes to show you everyone needs help in a team sport like Football.

Comment

Working...
                    X