The 2021 QB Crow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2021 QB Crow thread

All off-season, I've been critical of the Broncos on how they have addressed and handled the quarterback position.

I have said that I don't believe Drew Lock is the answer and that I didn't like that the only quarterback they brought in was Teddy Bridgewater. And, the fact that Lock is not the starter over Bridgewater, at least for now, makes my opinion of him plausible.

The three other quarterbacks I continually mentioned that I thought would be better options were Sam Darnold and Jameis Winston, for competition for Lock or they should draft Justin Fields. We now know that Fields was passed on because of medical concerns. However, I still believe Fields is going to be a better quarterback than either Lock or Bridgewater, so, I will keep him as part of the discussion.

I stated that if I was wrong about any of them, I'd admit it, and I'd create a thread for the season to see if I was right or wrong.

So, as promised, here's a thread dedicated to how these quarterbacks compare to each other as the season goes.

​​​​​​Week 1:

Teddy Bridgewater
    Drew Lock (backup)

Vs

Sam Darnold
    Jameis Winston
    Justin Fields (backup)

Where was it reported that Fields was passed on because of medical concerns?
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Where was it reported that Fields was passed on because of medical concerns?
      https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/reas...ields-revealed

It seems like they weren't willing to take the chance on Fields because of his epilepsy.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/reas...ields-revealed

It seems like they weren't willing to take the chance on Fields because of his epilepsy.
        Thanks for that.

I don’t know that I agree with their concerns. The article didn’t mention Denver’s altitude as a factor in their decision.

If this is about the guy in Houston, his legal issues better be cleared before they try to acquire him.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Thanks for that.

I don’t know that I agree with their concerns. The article didn’t mention Denver’s altitude as a factor in their decision.

If this is about the guy in Houston, his legal issues better be cleared before they try to acquire him.
          I have heard that altitude can be a factor, but how much I don't know. I guess we'll find out the next time Chicago comes to Denver.

As for Watson, unless he is completely exonerated of these charges, I wouldn't even consider him.

Comment

As a lifetime epileptic I can shed some light on this. It's not the altitude thing. Epilepsy though manageable is no small concern. 1st off if he's had major seizures there's a good chance there's some damage to the brain. My doctor explained that having what used to be called a grand Mal seizure is essentially like going a12 round heavyweight fight as far as how it affects the brain. 2nd the medications, while much better than they were even 20 years ago are all predicated on slowing brain function and can mess with you quite easily.

And most importantly, if Justin tales a shot to the head and even later that night has a seizure, he's done. It'll be at least 18 months of totally seizure free life before a doctor even considers clearing him to play, if they even ever do.

Comment

All off-season, I've been critical of the Broncos on how they have addressed and handled the quarterback position.

I have said that I don't believe Drew Lock is the answer and that I didn't like that the only quarterback they brought in was Teddy Bridgewater. And, the fact that Lock is not the starter over Bridgewater, at least for now, makes my opinion of him plausible.

The three other quarterbacks I continually mentioned that I thought would be better options were Sam Darnold and Jameis Winston, for competition for Lock or they should draft Justin Fields. We now know that Fields was passed on because of medical concerns. However, I still believe Fields is going to be a better quarterback than either Lock or Bridgewater, so, I will keep him as part of the discussion.

I stated that if I was wrong about any of them, I'd admit it, and I'd create a thread for the season to see if I was right or wrong.

So, as promised, here's a thread dedicated to how these quarterbacks compare to each other as the season goes.

​​​​​​Week 1:

Teddy Bridgewater
              Drew Lock (backup)

Vs

Sam Darnold
              Jameis Winston
              Justin Fields (backup)
              It will be interesting to see how the QBs go in 2021. The real answer will not be known about Fields for a while. Even if he plays well maybe he is taking a RG3 path...even if he does poorly...maybe he is taking a Josh Allen path.

I personally am not even sure if the Broncos have the people in the building to develop a young QB. So even if Fields does well in Chicago that does not mean he would have done well in Denver.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by G.O.C.P.F.T.F View Post
                As a lifetime epileptic I can shed some light on this. It's not the altitude thing. Epilepsy though manageable is no small concern. 1st off if he's had major seizures there's a good chance there's some damage to the brain. My doctor explained that having what used to be called a grand Mal seizure is essentially like going a12 round heavyweight fight as far as how it affects the brain. 2nd the medications, while much better than they were even 20 years ago are all predicated on slowing brain function and can mess with you quite easily.

And most importantly, if Justin tales a shot to the head and even later that night has a seizure, he's done. It'll be at least 18 months of totally seizure free life before a doctor even considers clearing him to play, if they even ever do.
                Epilepsy used to be a disqualification for a CDL-A. It no longer is necessarily a disqualification.

I had a friend who has epilepsy who was a driver and then wasn’t because of his epilepsy. Once the rule was changed, he went back to driving a commercial vehicle.

I’m sure Fields has taken some hits during his high school and college careers. Epilepsy hasn’t stopped him. I don’t see any reason why it should now.
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Epilepsy used to be a disqualification for a CDL-A. It no longer is necessarily a disqualification.

I had a friend who has epilepsy who was a driver and then wasn’t because of his epilepsy. Once the rule was changed, he went back to driving a commercial vehicle.

I’m sure Fields has taken some hits during his high school and college careers. Epilepsy hasn’t stopped him. I don’t see any reason why it should now.
                  That he's playing at all says alot about how far they've come in managing the problem. I was not allowed anywhere near a contact sport. They really didn't even want me running track. My point is that it is a serious concern. Not just something with the altitude like breathing thin air that the body adjusts to. Though certainly changes in air pressure can be a concern.

As an epileptic, I can understand why somebody would be very weary of having an epileptic at the most important position in sports. Remember, they kept Jim Eisenreich out of baseball for 3 years.

Comment

Football debates aside, epilepsy is something I take very seriously. My father had it and it was a grand mal seizure that caused his death in 2001. He was only 34 when he passed. Believe me, if the Broncos were that concerned, I completely understand and do not hold that against them.
                    Last edited by sra84; 09-12-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

An okay day for Darnold so far. 19/29, 252 yards, 1 TD pass, 1 rushing TD with 2 and a half minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

​​

Comment

An okay day for Darnold so far. 19/29, 252 yards, 1 TD pass, 1 rushing TD.

​​
                        That’s more than okay. It’s good.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Football debates aside, epilepsy is something I take very seriously. My father had it and it was a grand mal seizure that caused his death. He was only 34 when he passed. Believe me, if the Broncos were that concerned, I completely understand and do not hold that against them.
                          Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I've come close a couple times, and it's no joke. Popped a lung once and was in the hospital for weeks. Luckily someone was there and called an ambulance, or that would have been the story of me.

It all comes down to the person and the case, but I feel people are just kind of tossing it out there likes it's nothing when it may be a serious concern.

I'm editing because I forgot this.

Bless you, and your family.
                          Last edited by G.O.C.P.F.T.F; 09-13-2021, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I've come close a couple times, and it's no joke. Popped a lung once and was in the hospital for weeks. Luckily someone was there and called an ambulance, or that would have been the story of me.

It all comes down to the person and the case, but I feel people are just kind of tossing it out there likes it's nothing when it may be a serious concern.
                            Thank you.

And I wish you all the best. Knowing how tough it is for someone to have it and deal with it, I hope you are doing well.

Comment

That’s more than okay. It’s good.
                              He had a nice TD pass to Robby Anderson.

Also, it's only week one so I'm keeping my expectations for all of these guys in check. With limited practices and fewer preseason games (if they even play) it takes a couple weeks for these guys to get into form.

Comment

Working...
                              X