Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CasualFan View Post

This is the guy who turned Eli Manning and Sam Bradford into dink-and-dunk passers throwing short of the sticks on third down. Both of those guys were #1 overall draft picks. Which maybe says something about the prevalent thought on this board that what we really needed was to draft Justin Fields at #9 overall. If Shurmur can wreck a #1 overall draft pick twice, he can ruin lesser draft picks too.

The really great thing Teddy Bridgewater has accomplished for the Broncos is he has demonstrated that Shurmur is a massive problem. Shurmur survived last year because he could claim with some justification that Lock wasn't able to run his system competently and he was having to modify it massively to deal with Lock's limitations and growing pains. Well Bridgewater is now running his system competently, and so we now know with 100% certainty that that system isn't very good.
    While I agree with Shurmur not being a fit here, with what we have (O Line and Qb play), and I think his play calling is below average. If I didn't see the QB constantly missing the plays (on replays), I would be more against Shurmur as an NFL OC.

Comment

• Looks like Shurmur is on covid protocol this weekend.

Denver Broncos OC Pat Shurmur likely out vs. Philadelphia Eagles due to COVID-19 protocols (espn.com)

Hope he's ok. Now if we win (which we will), lets try not to thank him for "not" being there.

Comment

• Will be interesting see how Shula scripts the plays compared to Shurmur.
        sigpic
        2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Best news all season! We finally have a chance at some balanced play calling this week! Woo! So refreshing to know that if the Eagles get any lead, we won’t have a play caller that will throw the run right out the window!

Let’s go Broncos! Can’t wait to see what an unshackled offense looks like!
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Can't wait for the 'fire Mike Shula' thread after the game.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
              Can't wait for the 'fire Mike Shula' thread after the game.
              inevitable ...
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I mean, if he gives Javonte 10 carries or less…
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

10 char
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'll take the "under 6th post after kickoff" on the official game day thread.

Comment

• If he gives Javonte Williams 15+ touches I'll be happy with the game plan. That, and Bridgewater under center most of the game.
                      Last edited by jdhdiggs; 11-14-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Shurmur was terrible today!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Fangio said in his presser it was a called bootleg.
                          The play wen down very weirdly. It was incredibly awkward. And look at Bridgewater's reaction immediately after he threw the ball. He looked unusually frustrated as if he had made a costly mistake. He's usually not one to have an outburst when someone else screws up or to show frustration so blatantly over something he has no control over like a dictated play call. That makes me think he made the wrong choice on the play.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Shurmur was terrible today!!!
                            He probably will be, but luckily he's not calling plays today. He'll be sitting at home, screaming at his TV, "We're down 3 whole points, and there's only 3 and a half quarters left to play! Stop calling running plays! We have to pass, it's the only way to win!"

I'm very happy this morning for some reason.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

He probably will be, but luckily he's not calling plays today. He'll be sitting at home, screaming at his TV, "We're down 3 whole points, and there's only 3 and a half quarters left to play! Stop calling running plays! We have to pass, it's the only way to win!"

Yeah I thought I'd better keep the thread going, because I'm sure he might have broken an egg, or perhaps left a minute late today. You never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

OMG, that’s hilarious.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X